Just bought a pick up

Brunolem

On 10/12/2020 at 5:34 PM, transam said:

If Mercedes did their homework and then decided to use Nissan as their base truck, then I don't think you could go far wrong, though Nissan resale value may not be to your liking..

and was a  subsequent  flop and withdrawn from sale in Australia  https://www.motortrend.com/news/mercedes-benz-x-class-pickup-truck-discontinued/

Edited by bodga

On 10/13/2020 at 12:31 PM, Ireland32 said:

I just bought a Toyota Rocco , I wouldn’t think about a Nissan , I want resale value 

so even if  it was the ugliest ,slowest on the market  but badged toyota youd  buy it?

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

They must be bad at forecasting the future then as they are currently moving towards tooling up for the next generation Everest and Ranger due 2021 and 2022....Large chunk of coin to spend for a company that might be pulling out.

If they did pull out of SEA would they stop selling RHD Everest And Rangers and would they move production to the USA ?

Many companies  are bad a forecasting the future...that's why there are so many business failures and bankruptcies. New vehicle models and plant investments to make them are planned years in advance, and in the interim market conditions and prospects can change. Despite these sunk costs, a company like Ford wouldn't hesitate to exit Thailand if they see better returns elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Many companies  are bad a forecasting the future...that's why there are so many business failures and bankruptcies. New vehicle models and plant investments to make them are planned years in advance, and in the interim market conditions and prospects can change. Despite these sunk costs, a company like Ford wouldn't hesitate to exit Thailand if they see better returns elsewhere.

You really are bent on ford leaving Thailand aren't you, what facts are you basing your posts on ?

4 hours ago, bodga said:

and was a  subsequent  flop and withdrawn from sale in Australia  https://www.motortrend.com/news/mercedes-benz-x-class-pickup-truck-discontinued/

Price killed it but the Merc was a far superior vehicle in many regards, the 190kw 3.0 V6 is a bit of a weapon compared the wimpy Navara's 140kw 2.5 4cyl,Merc is also nice to drive with the wider wheel track.

2 hours ago, Techno Viking said:

You really are bent on ford leaving Thailand aren't you, what facts are you basing your posts on ?

Please see my long post above where I set out my reasoning...and also where I said I'd be happy to be proven wrong; and also that the Ranger and Everest, IMO, were tops in their respective vehicle classes. Personally I'd prefer they stay and that GM was still here, as more choice and competition is always better for buyers. However, anyone who is aware of Ford's current troubles (worldwide) and market strategy can conclude they'll not waste financial resources and management time in a marginal market (for them) like Thailand/SE Asia. Have you recently purchased a Ford vehicle?

On 10/17/2020 at 9:49 AM, transam said:
On 10/17/2020 at 5:33 AM, bodga said:

The truck wasn't a flop, the Merc price tag was, big difference chap.....

They designed, built and tried to sell an over-powered and over-hyped pickup truck that nobody could afford or ultimately even wanted. Aussie tradies wanted something they could go to work in Monday to Friday and pull the boat out of the water at the weekend, not something to park up at the mall to be gazed upon with avarice.

Flop.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:00 PM, Lacessit said:

Not too many pickups are questionable nowadays, although after-sales servicing might be.

Nissan is a pretty good buy, solid built. All the Japanese makes are. Enjoy.

Ive had a succession of Nissan Pickup Trucks over the last 20 Years 

Never a problem.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, NCC1701A said:

is there a spec listed for how many farm girls you can get in a Navara vs. a Wildtrack?

that would be a important selling point for me.

No no. It's not about how many girls you can get, it's how many farm girls you can have.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:31 PM, Ireland32 said:

I just bought a Toyota Rocco , I wouldn’t think about a Nissan , I want resale value 

Any vehicle is a depreciating asset. It goes down in value according to age and odometer reading, which may be adjusted in Thailand.

The correct way to use a depreciating asset is to run it into the ground. Anything else is a loss, although I must admit the resale prices in Thailand are quite high.

I've always tried to buy low odometer recent manufacture vehicles here and in Australia. The most severe depreciation occurs as it is driven out of the showroom.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Any vehicle is a depreciating asset. It goes down in value according to age and odometer reading, which may be adjusted in Thailand.

The correct way to use a depreciating asset is to run it into the ground. Anything else is a loss, although I must admit the resale prices in Thailand are quite high.

I've always tried to buy low odometer recent manufacture vehicles here and in Australia. The most severe depreciation occurs as it is driven out of the showroom.

In LOS Toyota and Isuzu hold their value far better than the rest, even regardless of mileage...

5 hours ago, transam said:

In LOS Toyota and Isuzu hold their value far better than the rest, even regardless of mileage...

I have heard this many times in LOS and it may be true for some models, however my experience with various Toyota, Mitsu, Ford and Isuzu company pickups and PPVs sold over the years has not demonstrated any significant difference in resale value.  The Toyota's and Isuzu's were easier to sell but got similar money on disposal.  YMMV

• Like 1