Brexit brinkmanship: Johnson says prepare for no-deal, cancels trade talks

rooster59

20 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Thanks - not a direct link but finally found it. An ongoing poll but no data as to the locations of samples.

Who takes part in Public Opinion research?

Over the last eighteen years, YouGov has carefully recruited a panel of over 1 million British adults to take part in our surveys.......

.......For nationally representative samples, YouGov draws a sub-sample of the panel that is representative of British adults in terms of age, gender, social class and education, and invites this sub-sample to complete a survey.

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

God. You're good.

You're making me blush!????????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3NUMBAS said:

The leading Brexiteer MP said: "My message to Barnier is save the money on the ticket and the danger of travelling on public transport at a dangerous time unless you really do understand that we intend to be independent.

"It's no more fish on the cheap, no more control by your court, and no more of you making laws for us.

"We are happy to trade with you but don't expect to boss us around anymore."

He went on to urge Brexiteers "on the verge of victory" to keep up the pressure on the UK Government.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1349136/Brexit-News-John-Redwood-Boris-Johnson-Michel-Barnier-EU-talks-latest-vn

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1349136/Brexit-News-John-Redwood-Boris-Johnson-Michel-Barnier-EU-talks-latest-vn

Fixed it for you as most of your links are bad posted ...now it is clickable …., before not , always must do it 2 times, as you can see now in the quote he is also good now …… 

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Oh yes they did. The cheating EU knows our food standards as they have been aligned with the EU for years.

We had given no assurances that we would stick to those standards post Brexit. Indeed, an apparent willingness to reduce them in order to get a possible trade deal with the USA indicated that we may very well not have done! 

As the link I provided shows, that was all settled in September and this storm in a teacup has blown over.

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Boris was forced into making the WA, which using his new landslide he had to force through a Remainer dominated parliament.

Forced? When he made such a big deal even before the election of it being his oven ready deal? 

Remainer dominated Parliament after Boris' landslide? How so?

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

He is now correcting those parts with which the EU threatened parts of the United Kingdom. Next step is to ditch the whole WA.

"Parts with which the EU threatened parts of the United Kingdom!" Go on then; explain those parts in detail and how they threaten parts of the UK.

Forget about the so called blockade of Northern Ireland; as shown to you many times, and again today, that was a Boris lie; and even if true any such possible threat has been resolved. Even the government now admit that!

Next step to ditch an international treaty signed by our Prime Minister and through the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 approved by our Parliament and given Royal Assent by our Monarch?

Seriously?

What effect will proving that our Prime Minister lies to his own people, his Parliament and his Monarch, let alone the cosignatories, by signing an international agreement with no intention of sticking to it have on all those nations you are so confident are lining up to sign trade deals with us?

17 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Cry God for Boris, for Albion and St George. (Other regional saints attendance optional)

Misquoting Shakespeare means nothing. I'm English, British and proud of my country. But Boris has dragged this country's name into the deepest cess pit.

I can only hope that after the Tories have booted him and his puppet master out of No. 10 next year that his successor can repair the damage to this country's reputation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Simpel answer is just to leave if not agree on it ....not that difficult i would say , if not like it, now it looks like U.K. is forcing a deal out of E.U. they can not agree on .....consequenses why a "divorce "is done !!

Understand your side , so also understand also our side

....conclusion as it stands now (and 4 years already )....no deal seems the only possible outcome !!!

As expected, no sensible answer again.

4 hours ago, RayC said:

No, it hadn't slipped my mind but it appears to slip yours when convenient. Here's my reply in its original context before your selective editing. 

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

The EU are not looking for agreement on conditions, they are insisting on control of the mechanisms and EUCJ jurisdiction. Not quite the same thing as you assert....

And why not? It is the EU single market. An EU company/ state operating in the UK would be judged according to UK law.

The UK is not a company, and we're not operating in the EU.

Heaven help us, it's like pulling teeth....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Who takes part in Public Opinion research?

You're making me blush!????????

Good question, who exactly?

This is an ongoing survey taken at intervals but the limited sample size and other data seems to be only available for the start of it (2016). The results are pro remain at most intervals over the last 4 years. From the initial data, the weighting of sampling by geographical area is disproportionately high in London, the south of England and in Scotland, which probably explains why there is almost always a pro remin bias.

3 hours ago, Hi from France said:

the UE has been indeed rejected, there is no discussion there, it's done

now again please tell me more about what was promised to you. You now have had four years to check the promises made, let's be "no nonsense"

Capture d’écran 2020-10-18 131033.jpg

Why do you keep posting these outdated and out of context memes? We debated those things about 4 years ago ????‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

We had given no assurances that we would stick to those standards post Brexit. Indeed, an apparent willingness to reduce them in order to get a possible trade deal with the USA indicated that we may very well not have done! 

As the link I provided shows, that was all settled in September and this storm in a teacup has blown over.

Forced? When he made such a big deal even before the election of it being his oven ready deal? 

Remainer dominated Parliament after Boris' landslide? How so?

"Parts with which the EU threatened parts of the United Kingdom!" Go on then; explain those parts in detail and how they threaten parts of the UK.

Forget about the so called blockade of Northern Ireland; as shown to you many times, and again today, that was a Boris lie; and even if true any such possible threat has been resolved. Even the government now admit that!

Next step to ditch an international treaty signed by our Prime Minister and through the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 approved by our Parliament and given Royal Assent by our Monarch?

Seriously?

What effect will proving that our Prime Minister lies to his own people, his Parliament and his Monarch, let alone the cosignatories, by signing an international agreement with no intention of sticking to it have on all those nations you are so confident are lining up to sign trade deals with us?

Misquoting Shakespeare means nothing. I'm English, British and proud of my country. But Boris has dragged this country's name into the deepest cess pit.

I can only hope that after the Tories have booted him and his puppet master out of No. 10 next year that his successor can repair the damage to this country's reputation.

The EU threat to NI food supplies has been resolved by the IMB which is still passing through Parliament now.

The WA's long and perilous journey has long been documented in this forum. When Boris was elected as PM with a landslide victory and a mandate to Get Brexit Done he still had to get the WA through Parliament before we could actually exit at the end of January. Although he had a massive majority in the HOC, the HOL is still a nest of Remainer vipers. 

A few loopholes were still in the WA which he is now resolving, regardless of the current HOL meddling and attempts to prevent it. Even the boss vicars trying to stick their crooks into it now. The whole WA is the next to revoke as we leave No Deal.

Boris is enabling this country to hold its' head high in the world and fend of the combined efforts of the EU mafia and domestic fifth columnists. Next year Boris will be riding high and his advisors will be awarded Lordships to even up the ship of labour appointed fools.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Yes, we are all grateful for Boris becoming that successful politician who is now Getting Brexit done. We wouldn't be almost there without him, and not stuck in the cheating EU's tentacles. 

The "tentacles" thing is a nice touch, but if the UE is the biggest problem of the UK today (I mean except for those of you who still believe the UK "holds all the cards"), the UK will have to deal with the tentacles of the US and the tentacles of China.

Up to you to choose what tentacles you prefer,  but mostly the UK could be entering now in a process of "Lebanization" : torn between bigger powers that each want to tear off a piece of you.

• The US will impose their policy on the UK (ban chinese 5G, accept US food standard at the expense of you farmers).
  • Russia will keep using Novichok like in Amesbury.
  • China will continue breaking the joint declaration on Hong Kong and there's not much the UK can do because they break treaties too. 

Clearly it's a dangerous world for Global Britain.

Now the UK does have its own "tentacles" : what is your opinion on Northern Ireland and Scotland, all?

Considering these nations want "to take back control" and be a member of the UE, should they be free to do so? Do they have the right to hold an independence referendum or not?

• Like 2

There's nothing to understand of what you're saying. I am well aware of the fact we have left and very happy, I hope, that we will not be tied to EU's ridiculous demands.

Another circuitous comment avoiding the actual question.

Never mind, I think I should follow my own advice to transam, and stop wasting my time.

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why do you keep posting these outdated and out of context memes? We debated those things about 4 years ago ????‍♂️

And like to forget them words said  if possible ….

Edited by david555

15 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

The "tentacles" thing is a nice touch, but if the UE is the biggest problem of the UK today (I mean except for those of you who still believe the UK "holds all the cards"), the UK will have to deal with the tentacles of the US and the tentacles of China.

Up to you to choose what tentacles you prefer,  but mostly the UK could be entering now in a process of "Lebanization" : torn between bigger powers that each want to tear off a piece of you.

• The US will impose their policy on the UK (ban chinese 5G, accept US food standard at the expense of you farmers).
  • China will continue breaking the joint declaration on Hong Kong and there's not much the UK can do because they break treaties too. 

Now the UK does have its own "tentacles" : what is your opinion on Northern Ireland and Scotland, all?

Considering these nations want "to take back control" and be a member of the UE, should they be free to do so? Do they have the right to hold an independence referendum or not?

US and China don't have tentacles which extend into our legislation, borders, resources and foreign policy. I'll take my chances with them rather than the EU.

The United Kingdom nations are just that, over hundreds of years. If you want to talk Republican or Indyref2 try it with one of the others. I'm not interested.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Good question, who exactly?

This is an ongoing survey taken at intervals but the limited sample size and other data seems to be only available for the start of it (2016). The results are pro remain at most intervals over the last 4 years. From the initial data, the weighting of sampling by geographical area is disproportionately high in London, the south of England and in Scotland, which probably explains why there is almost always a pro remin bias.

Difficult to have a poll on attitudes to the referendum result before the referendum result is known!

I can find nothing to substantiate your assertion that "the weighting of sampling by geographical area is disproportionately high in London, the south of England and in Scotland." Perhaps you'd be so kind as to show me where you found that information.

Pro Remain bias? No; pro Remain results.

Personally, as I've said before, I believe the only polls which count are those at the ballot box. But as opinion polls in general, and YouGov in particular, have been used many times in the past by Brexiteers to 'prove' how popular Brexit is, it is amusing that now they are showing the opposite some are trying to disassociate themselves from that organisation!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Loiner said:

The EU threat to NI food supplies has been resolved by the IMB which is still passing through Parliament now.

The WA's long and perilous journey has long been documented in this forum. When Boris was elected as PM with a landslide victory and a mandate to Get Brexit Done he still had to get the WA through Parliament before we could actually exit at the end of January. Although he had a massive majority in the HOC, the HOL is still a nest of Remainer vipers. 

A few loopholes were still in the WA which he is now resolving, regardless of the current HOL meddling and attempts to prevent it. Even the boss vicars trying to stick their crooks into it now. The whole WA is the next to revoke as we leave No Deal.

Boris is enabling this country to hold its' head high in the world and fend of the combined efforts of the EU mafia and domestic fifth columnists. Next year Boris will be riding high and his advisors will be awarded Lordships to even up the ship of labour appointed fools.

If Boris' treacherous IMB will resolve his supposed blockade of Northern Ireland, how come even Boris' government and negotiators have said no such threat of a blockade exists?

The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill was presented to Parliament on 19/12/19 and received Royal Assent on 23/1/21. A remarkable, virtually unpresented, short passage; especially when Parliament was in recess from 20/12/19 until 7/1/20. Not such a difficult journey!

If Boris' WA has so many loopholes in it, why did he present it as an oven ready deal before and after the election and celebrate it's signing with such enthusiasm? Lying, or incompetent?

If you truly believe that proving to the world that he and his government cannot be trusted is "enabling this country to hold its' head high in the world" then there really is no hope for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

The leading Brexiteer MP said: "My message to Barnier is save the money on the ticket and the danger of travelling on public transport at a dangerous time unless you really do understand that we intend to be independent.

"It's no more fish on the cheap, no more control by your court, and no more of you making laws for us.

"We are happy to trade with you but don't expect to boss us around anymore."

He went on to urge Brexiteers "on the verge of victory" to keep up the pressure on the UK Government.

A very helpful and constructive comment from a member of the ruling party!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

Well I suppose you know how to find the polls you give us the figures ? Please tell us how many of the NI and Scots citizen : it is probably a hefty majority, even more than the English who now realise that Brexit was a terrible idea sold on lies ..

How can you deny them the right to vote in a referendum giving them the choice be free from the "tentacles" of the english, if they wish.

Are you afraid they would find it better to leave the UK and be part of the European Union?

Are you planning to have a referendum in France on EU membership as only  52% would vote to remain or is France afraid of the result of a referendum should French people ever be given the option of such a vote

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Are you planning to have a referendum in France on EU membership as only  52% would vote to remain or is France afraid of the result of a referendum should French people ever be given the option of such a vote

Why would there be a referendum ...as we do not see people demonstrating for that ... demonstration where for other things inside France they wanted ( pensions age higher ...) it looks like there is not much appetite for a Frexit ....

But I see now the polls show 57% majority for SNP .....after the battle of brexit it seems a battle of Scots independance referendum is waiting you....however it could good be possible N.Irland would unite before  that ...,if you mess up with the Irish solution as now international treaty is  broken by Boris ....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hi from France said:

Deux kilos de tomates s'il vous plaît?