MBK: Rebranding as a shopping center for Thais - not foreigners!

rooster59

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I didn't know MBK is seen as a foreigner mall. Then which popular mall do Thai usually go to in Bangkok?

Agree, in my experience, I've seen a pretty good mix of Thai/farang at MBK, Paragon, Emporium, etc.....anywhere along Sukhumvit which is exactly what I'd expect to see.   Obviously as you move away from the tourist epicenter, you see a heavier concentration of Thai shoppers.   I guess Central Embassy would be the exception, where no one shops.   Can't imagine how that place is doing without the foreigners.   

• Like 2

I don't care who they want to market too.

I just browsed through the top threads though, not a single one on covid. It is refreshing. We are at the beginning of people starting to finally realize the truth, that is really is not too important to discuss or think about. 

29 minutes ago, sucit said:

I don't care who they want to market too.

I just browsed through the top threads though, not a single one on covid. It is refreshing. We are at the beginning of people starting to finally realize the truth, that is really is not too important to discuss or think about. 

Now if we could just get some popular threads without the usual Thai bashing...

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I was at MBK last month and they were having a huge casting session for girl Kpop bands. 

There were hundreds of girls running around in Cosplay outfits dressed like cats. 

Filled up my entire 128 gig external memory card. 

MBK-CENTER-3-1-696x464.jpg.0160a07a1147ed99955080264749a8f3.jpg

At 64 , your libido is still in great shape , ain't it ? ( not jealous , or , may be just a little bit ...)

Enjoy hunting ...

20 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

They had better lower their food prices then, especially (I think the one on  the ) on the 5th floor, where you get the card and pay on exit.........

That has been closed for quite a while. Shame as they had a good pizza

Everyone who says MBK mall wasn't more popular with foreigners than Thais I'm not sure what Bangkok you lived in? It was certainly more popular than T21 and most certainly more popular than paragon. The only other mall that was perhaps more popular than MBK with foreign shoppers was Platinum. 

In any case I don't understand this decision. Are they really not expecting the borders to open in foreseeable future? Does this mean hotels around that area like Holiday Inn Express, Mercure/Ibis, siam@siam, Novotel are all going bust or lowering their prices forever to $20-$30 a night?

Crazy

Next will be toilets, elevators and escalators divided into "super race" and "rest of the underling world". 

Good luck with that silly idea, be open to customers with money and, contrary to popular belief, most alien might have more money to spend than Khon Thai! The future will tell. 

On 10/17/2020 at 2:45 PM, sanuk711 said:

They had better lower their food prices then, especially (I think the one on  the ) on the 5th floor, where you get the card and pay on exit.........

The food on level 5 has been moved to level 6 and the shops on 6 are being moved down to level 3 next month. Many shops are leaving instead of moving from what we heard a couple of days ago.

Edited by fondue zoo