Some get 60 Some get 90

I was given 84 days On October 8th my non O married was extended until December 30 which is neither 30,30 nor 90, the stamp requests my first 90 day report but the senior Officer who speaks fluent English siad not necessary , they did however not charge but did lose my TM30 recept, Amazing Thailand.I was asked to return 24 days before expiry which is Sunday 6th of ecember !!

Some offices apparently are changing the existing stamp to November 30th and then doing the 60 day extension during the same visit to immigration. The normal procedure would be to change the date and tell you to come back a couple of weeks before November 30th to apply for the 60 day extension.

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices apparently are changing the existing stamp to November 30th and then doing the 60 day extension during the same visit to immigration. The normal procedure would be to change the date and tell you to come back a couple of weeks before November 30th to apply for the 60 day extension.

It would be good to know which offices are doing this. Given that the taxi cost from my home to MTT is about 700 baht return, I wouldn't mind flying to Chiang Mai to get it all done in one go. But if there's a closer office, that would be even better.

• Like 1

I think that there is a lot of confusion in each Immigration office about these visa extensions. I have a ME marriage visa and I went to my local IO  on 9 Sept and applied for a 60 day extension to be with my wife, this extension was dated from 27 Sept until 25 Nov. On 28 Sept I went to Bangkok to apply for a new passport as mine had less than 6 months remaining. My new passport arrived on 6 Oct and I went to immigration on 7 Oct to get the stamps transferred to the new passport and now the permission to stay stamp is from 1 Nov to 30 Dec. If immigration is confused about these visa's then what chance do we have to work it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I think that there is a lot of confusion in each Immigration office about these visa extensions. I have a ME marriage visa and I went to my local IO  on 9 Sept and applied for a 60 day extension to be with my wife, this extension was dated from 27 Sept until 25 Nov. On 28 Sept I went to Bangkok to apply for a new passport as mine had less than 6 months remaining. My new passport arrived on 6 Oct and I went to immigration on 7 Oct to get the stamps transferred to the new passport and now the permission to stay stamp is from 1 Nov to 30 Dec. If immigration is confused about these visa's then what chance do we have to work it out.

So i see your 60 day extension (visit wife) does start from the 1Nov. now.  I have not see any other reports from people getting their 60 day extension (visit wife) dated from 1Nov to 30 Dec.  Does anyone know if someone went to IO with this kind of extension and the permission was not changed from 1Nov till 30 Dec.? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

It seems some people are talking about 60 day covid extensions and others are talking about 60 day family extensions. It might be helpful to specify which one applies to you when replying.

I mean 60day extension (familiy) done before 26 Sep. Some people say they got their extension to start from 1 Nov. and some say they did not. Ubon Joe said some time ago to go check at IO and that he is not sure about it. After that not much said about 60day extension (familiy) done before 26 Sep.

Anyone with some info about this?

Thanks

15 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Be good to know which office you went to. 

On 10/23/2020 at 3:35 AM, Zategnenc said:

I mean 60day extension (familiy) done before 26 Sep. Some people say they got their extension to start from 1 Nov. and some say they did not. Ubon Joe said some time ago to go check at IO and that he is not sure about it. After that not much said about 60day extension (familiy) done before 26 Sep.

Anyone with some info about this?

Thanks

I have a 60 day ext based on family exp on Nov 26th, I went to Satun Immigration and they said my stamp date can't be changed.