"I'm 83, I don't give a sod"; UK pensioner sums up frustration with new COVID curbs

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Well said and agree completely.

But unfortunately this thread has somewhat deteriorated in an Us versus Them discussion (the younger generation vs the old gits), which is entirely besides the point.

Finding a middle ground between protecting the vulnerable while allowing the rest of us to go on with our lives does not have to be a challenge, but we need to get rid of the hysteria currently governing decisions. 

Some seem to forget that a life completely void of risk is not worth living...

'the younger generation vs the old gits' maybe your own prejudices are showing.

Shouldn't it be 'younger <deleted> v old gits' or just young v old.

2 hours ago, donnacha said:

I genuinely have no idea how you got there.

Sorry, but I appear to have misunderstood what you were saying, or responded to the wrong poster, or it could be the "new" format confused me. Being old and near death ( sarcasm alert ) I can't take change easily, and get confused frequently- it's a wonder I can put my pants on the right way around. ????

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

She has a right to that POV but she doesn't have a right to project that to all people that are at risk. For example, a 30 year with asthma that statistically most certainly does have multiple decades left of life span under normal circumstances.

What does POV mean? Come on now Jingthing, Is this you getting to be like these posters who think they are texting?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

What does POV mean? Come on now Jingthing, Is this you getting to be like these posters who think they are texting?

If you type XXX POV in your google browser, you will get a wealth of graphic examples what it means... ????

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If you type XXX POV in your google browser, you will get a wealth of graphic examples what it means... ????

Yes, but I am getting fed up with posters using initials much of the time, they are either poor typists, or just plain lazy, I don't mind the obvious ones, or anyone using initials where the words were already used in that topic.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, alien365 said:

My grandparents at 87 & 89 completely agree with this woman. Being stuck at home during their remaining years, not allowed contact with friends or family, is not considered living to them. 

My 87 year old aunt does not agree with this woman.  She cannot because she died from Covid in April 2020.

29 minutes ago, Mises said:

Type "happy white woman" in Google search and see the result. 

Did it, all the photos were of white women with black men.

We were probably right in our decision to move to Thailand.

Back to the OP

How many 80+ year olds have you seen that were happy?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

She's right!

I saw her little hizzy fit on the news.  Certainly made me smile.   And of course it is a point of view and she is entitled to it, as long as she doesn't end up taking a hospital bed from somebody who does give a sod, or spreading the virus by her own selfishness.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, In the jungle said:

She lives in Barnsley.

If you lived in Barnsley death would be an option worth considering.

That’s not a nice thing to say about Barnsley, I remember visiting there in the early 70s when working in the UK.

Not sure why now, but the people seemed friendly and recall that they had warm beer and coal mines if you like that sort of thing.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It´s really sad to read all these things. First we have the almost 100 year old guy that walked in money and got dubbed by the queen. After that an 83 year old pensioner that speaks up. Never hear anything from the young generation. Seems to me that the hope for UK is dying with the old generation.

The young are busy on their phone... whatsapp, fb, whatsnot  etc. 

That, is a fact.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Flu deaths are 95% down in the USA, saw it on a video from YouTube last night, and I might be able to find it if I look through my history.

Don't post here.  It's not allowed.  Luckily, as most stuff on YouTube is fake or conspiracy theories.

Ask the mods....

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

Edited by Jeffr2