"I'm 83, I don't give a sod"; UK pensioner sums up frustration with new COVID curbs

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ask the mods....

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

Yep, I don't post YouTube videos anymore and I ask if what I've posted is ok sometimes.

I could trawl through NHS and CDC data but I can't be bothered lol.

35 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ask the mods....

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

i referred to your unsupported claim "as most stuff on YouTube is fake or conspiracy theories."

you got no logical reasoning nor any shred of statistics to back that slander up, thus you are producing and spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation

Edited by scammed
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, In the jungle said:

She lives in Barnsley.

If you lived in Barnsley death would be an option worth considering.

The 1st and 2nd Barnsley Pals battalions (13th and 14th battalions the York and Lancaster Regiment) went into action on the 1st of July,1916 in the attack on Serre on the first day of the Battle of the Somme and suffered 275 and 270 casualties respectively..

She's a tough old girl that's for sure...comes from tough stock.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

The 1st and 2nd Barnsley Pals battalions (13th and 14th battalions the York and Lancaster Regiment) went into action on the 1st of July,1916 in the attack on Serre on the first day of the Battle of the Somme and suffered 275 and 270 casualties respectively..

She's a tough old girl that's for sure...comes from good stock.

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

She's a tough old girl that's for sure...comes from tough stock.

She wasnt born until 21 years after that.

Edited by Traubert

5 minutes ago, Traubert said:

She has nothing to do with the 1&2nd Barnsley Pals Battalions.

No...gosh you are a bright spark.

Nevertheless she appears to be a tough old girl who comes from good stock.

Whether I agree with her opinion is neither here or there (I don't agree-but respect her right to say it)

Just how are things going in Communist China?

52 minutes ago, scammed said:

i referred to your unsupported claim "as most stuff on YouTube is fake or conspiracy theories."

you got no logical reasoning nor any shred of statistics to back that slander up, thus you are producing and spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation

TVF seems to disagree with you. Just starting the rules. Calm down.

3 hours ago, scammed said:

or at least it counted as covid,

either way the total death from covid/flu/pneumonia

has not changed from last year to this year,

only the branding

1824535842_ScreenShot2020-10-21at11_57_17PM.png.e6b942a8b281942021c823de1f16a504.jpg

Something wrong, false arguments. Link?

1. UK flu season is October to March.  So, the 2019/2020 flu season was mostly over before the COVID-19 outbreak in March 2020.  How did all the flu cases disappear for no reason??

2.  For 2020 (jan-dec) pneumonia cases, there are still 2-1/2 months of high season left in 2020.  There are 17,000 fewer deaths because 2020 is not over yet!!

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mises said:

Type "happy white woman" in Google search and see the result.  Not quite the same as happy asian woman or happy black woman

Sorry about thread drift.

I see mostly mixed racial pairs and multiple white women embracing.

Now search using duckduckgo   https://duckduckgo.com/?q=happy+white+woman

All single white women with smiles! 

Astounding, and worrisome. Would they also influence searches for COVID-19? (sorry, I think this is also relevant in these times)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, In the jungle said:

She lives in Barnsley.

21 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why not go a step further and have all the vulnerable and anyone over the age of 50 humanly put down like sick or old pet dogs? 

That would be much better for the economy and young people to make money to spend on it on new smart phone's .

Absolutely correct .

Two score and ten , put them down .

Would save the UK , Millions on pensions , payout ..

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, elliss said:

Absolutely correct .

Two score and ten , put them down .

Would save the UK , Millions on pensions , payout ..

That would be all the MPs and House of Lords gone.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, In the jungle said:

She lives in Barnsley.

This illustrates one of the problems with the internet.  This was a post intended to be amusing and based on my personal experience of Barnsley and seen in the context of preceding posts I assert that it was.

Yet if you formed your opinion based on responses to my post pages later you might conclude that I was some Nazi hell bent on pushing old people into the gas chambers.

That is totally untrue and pretty much the opposite of my position.

If you look at the history of people who responded I think a fair few can be categorised as trolls on a variety of subjects. 

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

Does that also apply to people who don't follow that religion?

I'd say it's more about how long a body is viable. Over 70s probably account for most hospital admissions simply because the body no longer repairs itself as efficiently as under 70 year old.

Medical science may have made us live longer, but from a personal viewpoint 70 was about the age I started to go downhill physically.

IMO religion picked 70 because most may have died by that age at that time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Airalee said:

Back to the OP myself...  I would love to see a before Covid photograph and a current photograph of all the pro lockdown advocates here on TV.  What was their BMI then and what is their BMI now?  Have they done anything to improve their health during this pandemic or are they still the same and want everybody else to suffer for their choices?  The biggest “mask nazi” in my former condo was an overweight alcoholic who spent every evening at the pub as soon as they opened.

Something I've noted over the past time of corona, is the number of people that want OTHER people to save them, instead of taking responsibility for themselves.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Something I've noted over the past time of corona, is the number of people that want OTHER people to save them, instead of taking responsibility for themselves.

They are taking responsibility, they are are also considerate of others and do not want to harm them.

Though some only care about themselves and dont care what harm they may do to others.

Hey, it is climate change. We should all wear masks and keep that from happening.

Oh yes I am being sarcastic, in case you missed it.   I am a senior as well, but I

would rather live another 20 to 30 years, thank you very much, so I do care how

people act.    I would like to see the young people from 6 years and older to wear mask

when ever they are out in public.   The Red Necks, and anti-maskers, and  such

can just stay home and order in.   Cautious and serious minded people who care

about others as well as them selves can go about their lives.  The rest can go to blazes.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Hey, it is climate change. We should all wear masks and keep that from happening.

Oh yes I am being sarcastic, in case you missed it.   I am a senior as well, but I

would rather live another 20 to 30 years, thank you very much, so I do care how

people act.    I would like to see the young people from 6 years and older to wear mask

when ever they are out in public.   The Red Necks, and anti-maskers, and  such

can just stay home and order in.   Cautious and serious minded people who care

about others as well as them selves can go about their lives.  The rest can go to blazes.

Geezer

or put another way: you are retired so you get your pension

regardless how indebted the state, businesses, and workers get as they feed you your pension.

that matters not to you because you wont pay it off,

that is someone elses problem, things are fine

as long as you get yours

55 minutes ago, scammed said:

or put another way: you are retired so you get your pension

regardless how indebted the state, businesses, and workers get as they feed you your pension.

that matters not to you because you wont pay it off,

that is someone elses problem, things are fine

as long as you get yours

Pre payed. 44 years, every week. And you're right, highly unlikely that I'll get it all back.

Edited by polpott

28 minutes ago, scammed said:

subsidized from day 1

The opposite. How little you know. If my NI contributions had been put into a defined benefits pension scheme from day one, I'd be drawing a far bigger pension than I am now.

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd say it's more about how long a body is viable. Over 70s probably account for most hospital admissions simply because the body no longer repairs itself as efficiently as under 70 year old.

Medical science may have made us live longer, but from a personal viewpoint 70 was about the age I started to go downhill physically.

IMO religion picked 70 because most may have died by that age at that time.

Most people start going downhill at 19. Medical fact.