TAT announces compulsory medical insurance for foreign visitors

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

it is only for foreigners coming in .....  I purchased absolute cover $130k everything for  500 baht some months back. 

if I was you I would get cover asap .....   imo 

Where did you purchase it, from which company?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Covid insurance is one of the items a farang needs to get a CoE to enter Thailand. If you are Thai not needed but I do not know if thats only for authorised repatriation flights.

you need it if entering Thailand on any flight.

26 minutes ago, aussiep said:

So when I come to Thailand with this policy I am not covoured for....
Any preexisiting conditions and riding on a motor bike or any small accidient.
So the Thai policy covers me for the virus...
But l have to take out more/other insurence from my country to cover anything els.
Add the 2 together...A bit exencive now.
Plus next time l come l will be over 75.
And the Thai policy wont cover me, as far as l know.

aussiep...

As far as this Covid only policy is concerned the age limit is 99. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

So it is a scam, nothing but a pure fraud. They force you to buy an overpriced and absolutely useless insurance.

To cover the severe cases is what an insurance should be made for. To exclude these cases is nothing but a pure scam. Why should I pay thousands of Baht for an insurance, when the only thing I can claim back is the money I paid for Paracetamol?

I doubt you are required to purchase the Thai COVID insurance cover only.  In other words if you have a policy from overseas that covers you for COVID then I expect you will be fine .....   essentially half a scam. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tso310 said:

These are the full terms and conditions from the website.

Terms & conditions

1. The above rates are included VAT 7% and Stamp Duty 0.4%.
  2. All benefits are available to the Insured age 1 - 99 years old (Current year - the year the Insured was born) on the date that applied the application.
  3. This policy does not have waiting period.
  4. This policy is not cover any benefits for pre-existing conditions (Cover for COVID-19 only).
  5. This plan covers Loss of life caused by Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic and Medical Expenses from Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic incurred in Thailand Only.
  6. This insurance policy does not cover loss or damage due to illness caused by Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic (complications thereof) that existed prior the period of cover.
  7. All terms and conditions subject to COVID -19 Insurance Policy for Inbound Travellers of the company.
  8. Additional Limitation:
    1. - Limitation for medical expenses from Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic only.
    1. - Room and board for inpatient must not exceed single standard room cost.
    1. - This limitation does not apply to hospitalization in an I.C.U. according to the medical necessity.
  9. Important Exclusions:
    1. This insurance does not cover
      1. - Treatment which is not considered a modern medicine, including alternative medicine.
      1. - Medicine Treatment or investigation not related to medical expenses from Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
  10. Our website uses cookies to arrange your personal detail and to improve website performance.

why are you making a big deal of something simple  ??    get covered either here or at home.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

I doubt you are required to purchase the Thai COVID insurance cover only.  In other words if you have a policy from overseas that covers you for COVID then I expect you will be fine .....   essentially half a scam. 

I deleted my post which you refer to already, as I understood the stated "limitation" incorrectly. Apologies!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:
  1. - This limitation does not apply to hospitalization in an I.C.U. according to the medical necessity. This is what the insurance should include, imo the most important thing for a Corona insurance, will cost a lot if you have to pay out of your own pocket for I.C.U.

I suspect that "This limitation does not apply" is referring to the clause above concerning the limit on "Room and board for inpatient must not exceed single standard room cost."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tso310 said:

I'm just posting freely available information. Have I called it a scam, no. You have called it half a scam, yes. I don't want to want to get into an argument with you as we have many overlapping agreements but if there is one thing that has become even more obvious over the last few weeks never mind months is the insularity of the rulers of this country. Just look at the STV shambles. Why create a scheme that is easily bettered else where on coverage and cost ?

well Thailand have confirmed that you either buy their cover or get it outside,  but you cannot enter unless you are covered.

And I expect every country will be similar.   ......    don't fuss over it.    it is confirmed.

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

Speak for yourself, I'm 60 plus, and I certainly don't intend to give up until I'm in the 90s category. The game changer is chemical enhancement. If young guys can use it to totally change their physical genetic potential, then older guys can use it to change their genetic sexual potency. 

quickly ,  where can i get it

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And is this policy available to work permit holders, permanent residents and other categories of foreigners who are now allowed to join repatriation flights to Thailand?

Why would a foreign insurance company/broker care whether you have a work permit or meet whatever other obscure requirements set by the Thai government. It's a travel insurance, covering Covid-19 up to $100,000. I was able to get it; took me less then 10 minutes online. They even issue a nice certificate stating specifically it's cover includes Covid-19. So I guess the answer to your question would be "yes".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greeneking said:

Still not 100% clear.  If an 'alien' re-enters Thailand to continue their one year extension do they need this paper and to pay for this insurance?

once you leave ...  you need COVID COVER on entry ......     geeeze ...   it's an insurance as required and i expect every country soon.