Are Immigration Offices Busy

Buriram IO at the Provincial Hall was empty at 9:30am this morning Oct 29th.  

I got a 60 day extension to my Non-Im O before the end of the last amnesty a month ago.

I read on this forum that the IO would re-date my stamp from Nov 1. (Or maybe I misunderstood)

When I asked the very helpful and happy immigration officers, they sort of looked blank and said I should come back 2 days before the stamp expires and get another 60 day extension.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johng said:

I went to Jomtien this morning   no queue to get in,  2  people at the info counter  6 people in front  of me for 90 day report  not busy at all  in and out in about 10 minutes.

Same here. No line outside, only a few people in line at the desk. My report was taken immediately when I walked back to the "90 Day" desk. I was done in ten minutes. I went to Immigration around 11 am.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

I'm sure there will be lots of people waiting out another amnesty announcement. I wouldn't bother waiting - all visas start from Nov 1st so just do it now. I did mine a week ago and have to return for the full stamp next week.

Thanks. Was going for another reason but was a little interested in whether people were going for extensions before the amnesty ends as well.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, Wongkitlo said:

I was wondering how hectic the immigration offices are considering the cut off for the amnesty is Friday? Last time this happened in Jomtien at least they opened a new site for extensions. Is anything similar happening now?

My local office had 3 people inside at 08:30 this morning..????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I have not been well,the wife took a doctors letter to do my 90 day ,,it took about 3 minutes ,didnt even want to see doctors letter , that was at Jomtien

That is normal for 90 day reporting. You can have anybody do it for you without proof of a reason for not doing it yourself. My wife has done most of mine for me.

• Like 1