Thailand to track tourists with digital wristbands

rooster59

What if I am in secret nightclub livin it up “ which Thailand has here & there “ I will be essentially ratting out my location. Sneaky practices by the government, sorry no can do. I’ll check in to have my temperature checked although I am not going to wear a wrist band 

On 10/31/2020 at 7:15 AM, rooster59 said:

The news comes as the Cabinet this week agreed in principle to allow foreign tourists and crew of yachts to enter Thailand under the Special Tourist Visa program.

I've been suggesting this for weeks. Test crew and passengers before they get onboard, take 3 weeks to sail here testing twice a week, then, no need for quarantine as they were not in contact with anyone for 3 weeks.

1st thing I'd do with that bracelet is take 3 showers a day and go swimming as often as possible to see how long it stays waterproof. :wai:

• Like 1

I bet this idea will have tourists standing in line to visit Thailand.  Who wouldn't want to wear a GPS tracking devise on your wrist.  I'm sure the person who came up with this idea will move up quickly through the immigration ranks.  Even the North Koreans don't have this devise.  

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 10:06 AM, Kaopad999 said:

I wonder if Chinese tourists will be exempt from wearing these tracking devices?

All of the Chinese have spying tec imbedded in their telephones and like the location switch it can not be turned off so my guess is the Thai government will just tap into that, but they know we still have for now the freedom of choice and it p.....ses them off hence the wrist band.

We all had better hope that we get a new one and not get a dirty bug ridden used one that they deem is good enough for us.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:22 AM, Thaiwrath said:

If they are tested negative before arrival, and after quarantine, why the <deleted> have this bizarre situation ?

The only tools in the fight against the Covid-19 ripple are these people with the ridiculous, over the top ideas ! 

When my friend, a Hong Kong national, recently returned to his home in Hong Kong from the UK he had to wear a wristband which was removed after 15 days when found to be negative.

The dullest tools are those protesting against virus reduction measures.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

When my friend, a Hong Kong national, recently returned to his home in Hong Kong from the UK he had to wear a wristband which was removed after 15 days when found to be negative.

The dullest tools are those protesting against virus reduction measures.

Hong Kong is now completely part of totalitarian China. So this isn't surprising. Thailand wants to be like China. Understood. But this means Westerners will not come here. So be it. Thailand only wants tourists from countries in the region. And most of those are quite eager to track and monitor people. For their tourists, it will be like they never left home.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, Ketyo said:

Thailand to track tourists with digital wristbands

Only a military brain could think of such a thing. And a very small military brain. No wonder the Thai people despise the government so much. At least we are lucky. We have alternative places to live. 

And only a smaller brain would think it is not being considered worldwide.

Remind me, on any given day where are the last to see the light.

Using GPS as a weapon against coronavirus

https://www.gpsworld.com/using-gps-as-a-weapon-against-coronavirus/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Thailand only wants tourists from countries in the region.

Do keep up, TAT said that back in 2013.

By far the most important opportunity is the emergence of the ASEAN Economic Community and prospects of free movement of products and people by 2015. These opportunities increase manifold when the nearly 600 million strong population of the 10 ASEAN countries is expanded to include ASEAN +3 (China, Japan and South Korea) and beyond by another three countries to include ASEAN +6 (Russia, India and Australia).

To capitalize on this, the TAT has crafted the “Thailand and Beyond Strategy” to be ready for AEC in 2015.

https://www.pattayamail.com/travel/highlights-of-the-tat-action-plan-2013-14693

I guess this is the end of mass tourism, probably the Chinese will take control with their devices on the market, also alot of spying will be involved, a lot of westerners will not want to be part of this agenda. I guess those first tourists didnt got the package of their new fresh GPS wristbands. I m just waiting for they will put wristbands for all of us who didnt even leave Thailand during pandemic.

Edited by NB1986
  • Sad 1

These devives cannot monitor blood pressure, what a joke. The can monitor (badly) SP02 levels in the blood but the results are terrible since they use reflection method not shining through a ear lobe or finger. Blood pressure - impossible. Temperature and heart rate works. 

On 10/31/2020 at 7:23 AM, Kadilo said:

Great question under the article:

“ 2 weeks quarantine , then tracking you wherever you go does not really seems to me as a dream vacation.

What happens if I go to Soi 6, or to a relaxing massage and they see my heartrate beating like a helicopter?

They may send a helthcare squad to catch me during action.“

????

Also when I run do a HIT workout my heart rate will be elavated and my temperature will increase temporarily especially if I am not in a aircon gym but exercising out side. They going to drive down and throw me in hospital every day to see if I have Covid?

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Also when I run do a HIT workout my heart rate will be elavated and my temperature will increase temporarily especially if I am not in a aircon gym but exercising out side. They going to drive down and throw me in hospital every day to see if I have Covid?

No security cameras are ever working when you want to see what happened - no matter how important.

Tsunami warning buoys float about awaiting batteries.

World record road accidents due to lack of any care......do you really think there will be mass ranks of personnel checking their screens that you are OK?

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 11:39 AM, canopy said:

It also has a secret microphone and video camera so they can check in on you to make sure you are safe and best of all streams your entire stay to a "secure" server.

Should be interesting . Can you imagine the look on your girls face when you say ' scuze me Nom have to slip on a rubber  and take the battery out of this watch'

• 3 years later...
On 10/31/2020 at 7:39 AM, canopy said:

It also has a secret microphone and video camera so they can check in on you to make sure you are safe and best of all streams your entire stay to a "secure" server.

"secure" server.   Would that be a trolley dolly?😀