Thailand to track tourists with digital wristbands

rooster59

13 hours ago, fruitman said:

Even if i didnt mind to jump all the hoops, what's great about thailand now? Pattaya is closed, you need mouthmasks everywhere and you're farang so be double carefull....

Even the beach is closed, you can't smoke there, pools are closed, samui is empty.....

Why would a tourist go to thailand right now?

probably sort out my stuff( some sell some send to new winter’s destination and never comeback, retarda is retards, but that stupidity is unimaginable ????????‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, KKr said:

personally, I think that many tourists will not leave their hotel room and their body temperature will be very steady, on a 36.4 C warm bath tub level, and the hearth rate hardly noticeable as they tend to sleep from 6 in the evening to 5 a.m. and the rest of the day have similar pattern, albeit with stronger hearth rate, until 3 in the afternoon when they go out for a few hours to walk or to go the beach and back to the accommodation  at nightfall.
The challenge will be to explain the higher turnover in restaurants, not to mention entertainment places.

Actually I can see great business opportunities coming up:
a) Waterproof automatic watch winders containers come to mind with precision temperature regulated water heaters.
b) Generic wristbands
if that does not work:
c) Home Party service with small number of visitors from one address. 

6 minutes ago, quake said:

maybe she will have other plans for you.

cambo, Vietnam, sure no problem. :cheesy::stoner::cheesy:

You have no idea what our plans are. Like I said, I am in no hurry to visit SE Asia in the foreseeable future. Go back to your empty bar and have a beer on me. Say hi to the bargirl if she is still there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KKr said:

Actually I can see great business opportunities coming up:
a) Waterproof automatic watch winders containers come to mind with precision temperature regulated water heaters.
b) Generic wristbands
if that does not work:
c) Home Party service with small number of visitors from one address. 

I wonder if wrapping tin foil around the device will stop it sending GPS coords. What a no brainer.

12 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

I wonder if wrapping tin foil around the device will stop it sending GPS coords. What a no brainer.

maybe it does, but then how to earn a honest buck and keep local tourism alive ?  ????????????????

Edited by KKr

Well they are putting up walls again, who as a tourist in there right mind would agree to this stupidity after spending so much effort and money then to be treated like a criminal.  Im shipping me and my Thai family back to the UK, even she thinks things are very bad there now, Ill go to a place without all this BS like Greece or the like... up yours Thailand... your now too buffalo...

Edited by mrmrmred

13 hours ago, Mops59 said:

And how much will cost this wristband? How much money does the government take out of tourists pockets?

So first tourist visa, then booking trip and/or accommodation and ticket with thai travel agency, expensive Thai health insurance, pre arrival covid test, quarantine hotel and so on. Wow Thailand knows how to empty our pockets.

I suspect, a month or so ago, there was conversation along these lines:

Very Wealthy and Influential Person " I seem to have been overlooked in this Special Tourist Visa program. A&B are providing the quarantine facilities, C&D have the concession for medical services and testing, E has the transport, XY and Z are taking care of the Insurance. Remember how "supportive" I have been, what opportunities are there for me?"

Senior Government Official " Oh dear, let me see, could you by any chance source some sort of tracking device from your relatives in China?"

VWIP " I am sure I will come up with something, I will let you know when I have got them, normal profit margins will apply I presume?"

SGO " Yes, give me a call just as soon as you can, we will discuss just how influential you need to be later."

Friday:

VWIP " The first consignment arrive tonight"

SGO " Right ho, we will announce the new policy on Saturday, coming into effect on Sunday so we catch everyone unawares. How much will they cost?"

VWIP " Oh, let us say xxxx Baht".

SGO " fine, we will add on our usual %,, thanks for the brown envelopes by the way..."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

Same here. My Thai wife can hardly wait to escape Thailand and join me in Australia. When she arrives it will be goodbye to Thailand for good. If I want a holiday in SE Asia I will go back to Cambodia or try Vietnam, not that I am in much of a hurry.

+1

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If they are tested negative before arrival, and after quarantine, why the <deleted> have this bizarre situation ?

The only tools in the fight against the Covid-19 ripple are these people with the ridiculous, over the top ideas ! 

because.. there are people that get covid after quarantine

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Thailand to track tourists with digital wristbands

How is this different from posting on  facebook (etc) or from using a smartphone ?

Everybody can see that you are one of those foreigners that they have to fear because you may have covid. They cannot see that if you only have a tracking app on the smartphone in your pocket.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Everybody can see that you are one of those foreigners that they have to fear because you may have covid. They cannot see that if you only have a tracking app on the smartphone in your pocket.

I meant: VERY Big Brothers facebook, google etc, and smartphones know exactly where you are, what you like, what you think, what your political preferences are. You gave up your privacy by clicking I ACCEPT. Governments are only small Big Brothers in comparisson.

51 minutes ago, farang51 said:

When you go to the resorts in venezuela you also get a wristband so outside the resorts they will all overcharge you because you're rich.