More than 100 foreigners ripped off for 5 million baht+ in education visa scam

rooster59

6 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Sadly, with the various attempts to obtain replacements for type B ( I wonder what their previous type Bs were for?),visa exempt entries and tourist visas, these unfortunates will probably only be the tip of an iceberg.

ThB 40,000 would have probably "sorted" things with an agent!

They lucky they did not get ripped off for more and try a loan for 660k Baht to so-called sisters and nieces and paid back but to an a Niece and guess what it was a "gift" SCUM

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed - if you want to know who the true ayholes are on this forum... Start a thread about foreigners having visa woes !!!! 

I think that is possibly spawned from the natural reaction displayed by many to try and shift responsibility when a 'plan' goes awry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong tree ????????   They were enrolling in a course for 40,000 baht and getting an Ed Visa - it's a common method for many to prolong their stay in Thailand. 

A nice little money earner for an unscrupulous business capitalising on the desperation of people who are unable to carry out visa runs while Thailand remains under Emergency Decree - there will be many, many more.

a nice little loophole (not) for unscrupulous foreigners trying to scam immigration..   

I don't understand why people don't verify things that can impact their lives. If you have the time, check it out, make sure there are no misunderstandings, and try to get it in writing for example: I give you 40,000 baht, you get me an Ed Visa.

Easy. If they refuse - red alert, Bridge to Capt. Kirk!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A group of foreign tourists went to the tourist police for help

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They had been asked for 40,000 baht for courses at the school on the understanding that the school would process visas for them changing a Non-B into an ED-Visa.

what kind of non-B visa is for tourism?  must be a typo.

shirley these were all legitimate businesspersons, so why aren't their companies/sponsors that provide them with their work permits simply assisting them with extending their business visas?

• Like 1

surprised nobody commented on the guy in the picture.  that shirt, hair, etc.....isn't exactly conforming to Thai culture!!!!  can't wear that stuff to a temple..

but you can to the bong show!!!!!  lol.  

he needs a Meditation certification for 100,000,000 baht and it will get him a visa for 87 days and 11 bowls of soup.   

OMG my heart is broken.  The "Thai dream" shattered.  I'll start a gofundme page for me and use the money to buy vegan steak.  

I was scammed once for about 10 baht.......jai yen yen.  it's ok.  it's ok.  let's not worry, be happy, and remember to help the poor!!!!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Anyone notice a little discrepancy with the maths in the OP?

100 people paid a 20,000 deposit but were ripped off for 5 million?

Am I missing something or is Thai maths different to Western maths?

The article states more than 100 people, apparently 250 people. ????

• Haha 1