Most hotels on Soi 6 sukhumvit are reverting to 'Quarantine' hotels next month

bbabythai

I recently met the manager of a large chain hotel on Soi 6 sukhumvit who told me that they will be closing to normal customers effective

next month. It will only be open to customer booking 10 days quarantine. 

He said the government is now actively negotiating a lot of hotels in bkk for this very reason. I mentioned what a nightmare to be locked in

one of the rooms with no fresh air/ exercise for 10 days. He said that after one has been tested and results come back ok, the 'guest' will 

be permitted to go down to the gym/ pool area for 1 hour a day. But after that will have to return to the room. 

He said, all the hotels on soi 6 are partaking in this quarantine hotel arrangement and normal guests will not be accepted. 

This all surely implies that the government will be allowing more tourists to fly in next month. IMHO I think its high risk to do this whilst 

there is not a vaccine available. That same night at a bar I watched 2 chinese guys sitting at a table. 1 had a serious cough and was really drunk.

He later started to walk over to bar girls talking to them really close. Of course they were not wearing masks. 

I think there will be a rising infection rate in Thailand in the lead up to Christmas. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

I recently met the manager of a large chain hotel on Soi 6 sukhumvit who told me that they will be closing to normal customers effective

He said the government is now actively negotiating a lot of hotels in bkk for this very reason. I mentioned what a nightmare to be locked in

one of the rooms with no fresh air/ exercise for 10 days. He said that after one has been tested and results come back ok, the 'guest' will 

be permitted to go down to the gym/ pool area for 1 hour a day. But after that will have to return to the room. 

He said, all the hotels on soi 6 are partaking in this quarantine hotel arrangement and normal guests will not be accepted. 

This all surely implies that the government will be allowing more tourists to fly in next month. IMHO I think its high risk to do this whilst 

there is not a vaccine available. That same night at a bar I watched 2 chinese guys sitting at a table. 1 had a serious cough and was really drunk.

He later started to walk over to bar girls talking to them really close. Of course they were not wearing masks. 

I think there will be a rising infection rate in Thailand in the lead up to Christmas. 

Then it would be a great idea to cancel the Christian festival of Christmas, as they possibly will in UK & other European countries.

21 hours ago, bbabythai said:

Customers have been doing that in bars with girls for the last three months since the re-opening and there's been no indication of any rising death rates.

• Like 2

The"government" said this week that ALL approved visitors must quarantine in Bangkok. Who knows what that really means (Samut Prakan too?).

So maybe someone is queueing up a list for approvals, in advance of a torusit trickle.

On 11/1/2020 at 2:34 PM, bbabythai said:

I recently met the manager of a large chain hotel on Soi 6 sukhumvit

Name of hotel.

Is this person the manager of just the Soi 6 property? Are they really "the manager"?

This all surely implies that the government will be allowing more tourists to fly in next month.

Sheesh. Do you follow the news at all?

The 'government' wants more tourists, sort of, maybe. The policies change hourly. This week it's 10 million in 2021, with 7.5 million from China.

I wouldn't fret too much. Nothing you can do anyway.

I guess they are not making any money from domestic Thai travel, so hedging a bet that foreigners will soon be coming and can charge a lot more money.

However that would change overnight should infections start to show up in the vicinity.

On Samui recently one visitor tested positive and 50% of domestic bookings got cancelled, can you imagine positive tests being found in Bangkok...