ASQ cost and application times .

As someone who has been stuck in uk since June due to not wishing to pay the cost to return to Thailand via ASQ etc I am now deciding it isn’t going to change really in the next 3-6 months no matter how many statements the TAT or government release daily and I am probably going to have to cough up to return home .

Can anyone who is doing it or has went through it tell me the quickest time from first applying to having everything done and waiting on the flight date , the cheapest total cost for everything they have paid and lastly if anyone has a full price list for the government listed ASQ hotels for the 14 day stay . Most details will be the same roughly apart from the hotel costs I’m sure , but it saves me the hassle of contacting them all individually if others already know , so thanks in advance.

Due to the way things are here and going and the winter weather arriving I have decided I would rather pay to be locked in a hotel for two weeks than wait things out in uk for months for things to maybe change to enter Thailand but probably not . 

I don't know what visa you have or it's requirements. I am in the process of getting the new STV, so may be different requirements for you.

Covid insurance took around 15 minutes to get.

The 40.000/400.000 baht insurance took four days to get.

ASQ hotel took a few hours after I found the right hotel; although, if you want to check their cancellation policy or ask any other questions, add a couple of days. I asked five or six hotels, and I only got replies from two of them.

My biggest problem - which I guess only applies to the STV - is that the embassy wants a document from the landlord stating that I stay in the apartment (rented 12 months a year) from after quarantine until the end of my stay. With the specific dates. I have a hard time getting this from the landlord.

The list of hotels at thaiest may not be up-to-date, this is the official list: http://hsscovid.com/

• Like 1

Yeah I have a visa , work permit , Thai wife and own a house so the visa should be no trouble from what I gather . Did you get the insurance here as part of an existing one or from a Thai insurance company? I have seen some people have got their insurance company here to add a note saying Covid was covered etc to the amounts needed and above and other people saying they took out insurance with Thai companies. Thanks .

I am applying for the STV; thus, I am forced to use one of the Thai insurance companies. And the Thai ones are not nearly as good as my usual travel insurance. I got a "cheap" Thai insurance, that I am only using for the visa and then I have my usual travel insurance to cover health and accidents. My Danish insurance does not cover covid, so I got the separate TIP Insurance to cover covid.

Edited by farang51
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:I have seen some people have got their insurance company here to add a note saying Covid was covered etc to the amounts needed and above and other people saying they took out insurance with Thai companies. Thanks .

My regular insurance in the States (Blue Cross) wrote me a letter that was good to get back into Thailand.  They said it was a common thing that they did, and they wrote it to include all the things that the Thai Consulate wanted.  It did take several weeks to get it.

• Like 1

Looks like most of the ASQ Hotels have different kind of cancelation and refund policies.

I found one the best one beeing an until 5 days prior arrival 100% refund. I focused on Hotels below 45.000THB.

Dont know if the more expensive ones my have better policies...

John

3 hours ago, Piscis said:

Looks like most of the ASQ Hotels have different kind of cancelation and refund policies.

I found one the best one beeing an until 5 days prior arrival 100% refund. I focused on Hotels below 45.000THB.

I chose Silver Palm (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QAYsQBxz8wlnMLp4_kjkP_Eyqm-XCmfU)

Cheapest room is 42.000 baht; although I had to choose a 50.000 room because the cheap one was fully booked.

In some cases, you get all the money back:

Cancellation or No-Show:

The cancellation or no-show

With 7 - 14 days priority to arrival date, no cancellation fee will be a charge

3 - 7 days 50 % of the total amount will be applying for the cancellation fee

1 - 3 days 100% of the total amount will be applying for the cancellation fee

No – show, 100% of the total amount will be applying for a no-show fee

Free of charges and full refund if you’ve got caused by the below issues.

1) COE issues (e.g. not approved or delay approval)

2) 72 hrs Pre-COVID test result is positive

3) Flight canceled 

(All the above reasons need some support documents or email from the Royal Thai embassy.)

They made a video about the quarantine:

Edited by farang51
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, ronaldo0 said:

Perfect , exactly what I was looking for hotel wise .

Here's another one that may be easier to obtain a quick idea of prices from.  And a similar list for the local quarantine options in case it helps.

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/SRBviAC5gs/COVID19/List_details_of_ASQ_Hotels_29102020.pdf

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/SRBviAC5gs/COVID19/List_details_of_ALQ_Hotels_29102020.pdf

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Can you fly on non-charter flights with ASQ?  What about Phuket asq hotels?

Yes to the non-charter flights; however, at the moment, there are no direct flights to Phuket; you will have to quarantine in Bangkok or wherever you land. The approved airlines:

• Emirates
  • Qatar Airways
  • Etihad Airways
  • Singapore Airlines
  • EVA Air
  • Thai Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • Austrian Airlines
  • Swiss Air
  • KLM
  • Air France
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, farang51 said:

Yes to the non-charter flights; however, at the moment, there are no direct flights to Phuket; you will have to quarantine in Bangkok or wherever you land. The approved airlines:

• Emirates
  • Qatar Airways
  • Etihad Airways
  • Singapore Airlines
  • EVA Air
  • Thai Airways
  • Lufthansa
  • Austrian Airlines
  • Swiss Air
  • KLM
  • Air France
  • Cathay Pacific

You are saying they won't let me take this flight? It lands in Phuket.

22:30 10:05+2
Turkish Airlines
23 h 35 m
YYZHKT
1 stop
4 h 20 m IST

11 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

You are saying they won't let me take this flight? It lands in Phuket.

Turkish Airlines

Not according to the website of the Thai embassy in Denmark; however, they are sometimes slow to update the website so try to check the website of the Thai embassy in your country. Please report back if they accept Turkish Airlines.

Added:

Which date is that flight? I cannot find a flight from YYZ (Toronto) to Phuket at their website.

Edited by farang51