Thailand’s deadly roads: 72 people killed on Monday, almost 12,000 killed this year

webfact

fed up with seeing posts about the deaths on the roads now.

the have no idea here how to make the roads safer

its obvious what they have to do.

i have posted about it many times and wont waste any more time on it after this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In reality the Thai economy is saved by the culture.

If road laws were enforced etc the economy would have to shut down.

No overloaded pickups 

No passengers in pickup load area

No kids going to school on their own on mopeds.

No families using 1 moped for transport.

No driving licenses issued as failed test.

Heavy fines imposed for no insurance - families cant afford it.....

And so on.... spells economic disaster....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

More people on the road every year equals more accidents and deaths , so the death toll is never going to come down unless you remove every unlicensed and under age driver/rider and commit to proper training and not testing just in the DLT carpark .

Ah,  that would be the dream of empty roads. ????

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The pick-up, in the far right lane, was propelled onto its side spilling the workers into the path of a 10 wheel truck carrying 40 tons of metal mesh.

Is this a Missprint ? 40 Tons on a Bogy (10 wheel) Truck No matter a Lazy Axle or Bogy Drive.I don't buy that, That's a load for a 18/22 Wheeler .20 Tons Maybe but that's it.

No surprise, given the fact that a lot of people don’t have a drivers license and how low quality the drivers education actually is. It’s a matter of a few days to get one in Thailand. In Germany for comparison it takes months and you don’t do your drivers test on a parking lot either! 

• Like 1

What was the campaign's agenda? I never saw any sign of a difference in all the years I've lived here. Like most things here. Form a committee. Broadcast a vague plan then sit back and do nothing. If these were covid deaths I could understand, But these are man made through ignorance of the law and the lack of enforcement of it. Shameful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, song0674 said:

It’s crazy how close Thais will tailgate each other

Sorry, where are you from Disney Land.  I lived in the US for years and Los Angeles traffic is a mix of high speed vehicles and paper thin separation between vehicles and guns.   Stop ragging on Thais like you come from some special place.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Migrosmarket said:

In reality the Thai economy is saved by the culture.

If road laws were enforced etc the economy would have to shut down.

No overloaded pickups 

No passengers in pickup load area

No kids going to school on their own on mopeds.

No families using 1 moped for transport.

No driving licenses issued as failed test.

Heavy fines imposed for no insurance - families cant afford it.....

And so on.... spells economic disaster....

Plus meed education  in lower grades.  Some physics.  Bodies in motion stay in motion.  One thai mom I dated  had 3 children and would not intend to me amd make them use seat belts

She just got new Toyota truck with a topper and  made it all cozy back there fir the kids and dogs.   One trip at the Market I thought about buying 2 melons and putting in shopping cart and put one ???? melon loose in the cart as I rammed it into a cement light stand.  Tie one melon in to the back of the cart with some clothing amd show them which melon explodes. 

7 minutes ago, kuzmabruk said:

Sorry, where are you from Disney Land.  I lived in the US for years and Los Angeles traffic is a mix of high speed vehicles and paper thin separation between vehicles and guns.   Stop ragging on Thais like you come from some special place.  

If you are trying to defend the actions of Thai’s your time would be better spent where the statistics and evidence is not so damning. In the case of Thailands roads its impossible to intelligently defend the indefensible. 

Drive any highway in Thailand at any time of day and within a short period of time you will be tailgated by a car, pickup, van or lorry.

If tailgating happens elsewhere, that is damning of that society. Because you have witnessed tailgating in LA it doesn’t make the dangerous practice any more acceptable here, to imply such lacks critical thought. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1

When I asked a police man that I know, how come nothing was done about all these accidents and death on the roads.

His reply, just swinging his hand towards the street, was that their strategy is no less than believing that the problem will solve itself, by allowing all the irresponsible drivers to die on the roads. Eventually, only responsible ones would remain. No kidding....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The likely death toll each year has been admitted to be in excess of 20,000 by deputy PM Prawit Wongsuwan in 2018.

Did he dream the numbers or were they from his fortune teller?

Nobody here really knows any real numbers about anything. And that's not Thai bashing, it's just how all here works.

How many innocent bystanders and drivers/riders got killed who had absolutely nothing to do with it?

Please be careful these weeks, the dogs are in heat and almost everywhere on each road, Soi, etc. It's wise not to ride a bike now, or at least very slowly.

Dino.jpg

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

So how do you get about? In a giant cotton wool ball, or just stay at home with all the doors locked??

No, he uses others to driver him around. He's not the only one. 

They tell you that it's too dangerous for them to ride, but they use others to get a ride. Makes perfect sense. 

It's pretty convenient, Innit? 

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Plus meed education  in lower grades.  Some physics.  Bodies in motion stay in motion.  One thai mom I dated  had 3 children and would not intend to me amd make them use seat belts

She just got new Toyota truck with a topper and  made it all cozy back there fir the kids and dogs.   One trip at the Market I thought about buying 2 melons and putting in shopping cart and put one ???? melon loose in the cart as I rammed it into a cement light stand.  Tie one melon in to the back of the cart with some clothing amd show them which melon explodes. 

Priceless idea.

Did she get that, or ran away because she thought that you don't have all cups in the board?

Every time I have been inThailand  I am amazed at the  terrible  stupid brainless drivers

Never  seen anythimg like  it in the world  

The death  toll will never go down  it will only  go up  

No  policing  ..no  training...so many  unlicenced ...so many too young...too  drugged up  ..too drunk  ...just  plain too  stupid

Too  many  cars  and bikes  way  way to many  for  a country of its size  

But more and more  everyday   cars  seem to  be  some sort of  life  blood  to the Thia  status  symbol  and  mobile  coffin

It will  never go  down .... the deaths  I mean ..... only  up like the pollution  from exhaust fumes 

Good Luck Thailand