Visa extension and covid

Yesterday I did my retirement visa extension at Surin IO, brilliant!! I handed in my passport and my german embassy letter confirming my pension. Due to covid I was asked to sit outside in their beautiful garden, after 10 minuets a student brought out a batch of papers for me and the missus to sign, another 10 minuets passed and my passport was brought out to me with my fresh visa and a new 90 day paper slip and I was on my way again. What a difference from the normal hours of waiting, there were almost no falang about as I arrived early, which I normally do anyway but the lack of customers was unusual. The service at Surin IO has always been good and friendly but this was a high point.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Yesterday I did my retirement visa extension at Surin IO, brilliant!! I handed in my passport and my german embassy letter confirming my pension. Due to covid I was asked to sit outside in their beautiful garden, after 10 minuets a student brought out a batch of papers for me and the missus to sign, another 10 minuets passed and my passport was brought out to me with my fresh visa and a new 90 day paper slip and I was on my way again. What a difference from the normal hours of waiting, there were almost no falang about as I arrived early, which I normally do anyway but the lack of customers was unusual. The service at Surin IO has always been good and friendly but this was a high point.

Ahh for the Embassy letter days!

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

asked to sit outside in their beautiful garden, after 10 minuets a student brought out a batch of papers for me and the missus to sign, another 10 minuets passed and my passport was brought out to me with my fresh visa and a new 90 day paper slip

I guess they didn't have coffee and pastry while you wait ?

36 minutes ago, tonray said:

I guess they didn't have coffee and pastry while you wait ?

Normally only coffee but that is inside the office. Strange thing was I came equipped with a mask, big notice in front of the office about wearing a mask but the student who came out of the office wasn't wearing one and the officers who did wear one had them round their necks most of the time. It was the same in Bangkok when I went to the embassy, most people I saw on the street weren't wearing one and neither was my taxi driver and yet on the train most people wore one.  

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Never understood why Jomtien office Pattaya makes you come back the next day to pick up your passport with new visa stamp.

I think it is done to help avoid overcrowding by not having people waiting for the final approval of there extension of stay (it is not a visa) application. I can recall that was mentioned when they first started doing it.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Never understood why Jomtien office Pattaya makes you come back the next day to pick up your passport with new visa stamp.

Maybe before,when they had large pile of passports to process,but not so busy now.

Its probably just a habit...come back after 1pm tomorrow..

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Normally only coffee but that is inside the office. Strange thing was I came equipped with a mask, big notice in front of the office about wearing a mask but the student who came out of the office wasn't wearing one and the officers who did wear one had them round their necks most of the time. It was the same in Bangkok when I went to the embassy, most people I saw on the street weren't wearing one and neither was my taxi driver and yet on the train most people wore one.  

I went to the public hospital last week fora regular eye check-up. Everyone in the admittance area wore masks, but once you were in the hospital, none of the doctors, nurses or workers wore masks.

It's like going to the dental clinics. You have to take your shoes off outside, and walk around in bare feet ignoring any risks of dropped needles, spillages and other hazards.

47 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I went to the public hospital last week fora regular eye check-up. Everyone in the admittance area wore masks, but once you were in the hospital, none of the doctors, nurses or workers wore masks.

It's like going to the dental clinics. You have to take your shoes off outside, and walk around in bare feet ignoring any risks of dropped needles, spillages and other hazards.

Yes, funny things happen, last week I had a tooth extracted, the tooth with its blackened root lay on the tray before me, I attempted to pick it up (it had a gold filling), the lady dentist was shocked, "don't touch it because of bacteria"......"Lady, a few seconds ago it was in my mouth, how bad can touching it be"? She carefully picked it up with gloved hands and put it in a plastic pill bag for me. Sorry, a bit off topic.

It’s always great to hear about positive interactions with immigration.  There are some some good offices out there.  I do my extensions at the office in Mae Sai and never had any issues.  I also  have dealt with the office in Chiang Rai and always received good service.

On 11/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, soalbundy said:

Yes, funny things happen, last week I had a tooth extracted, the tooth with its blackened root lay on the tray before me, I attempted to pick it up (it had a gold filling), the lady dentist was shocked, "don't touch it because of bacteria"......"Lady, a few seconds ago it was in my mouth, how bad can touching it be"? She carefully picked it up with gloved hands and put it in a plastic pill bag for me. Sorry, a bit off topic.

where are YOU ???

3 hours ago, tonray said:

Visions of her BIg-C shopping Spree vanished in an instant

missus sold it (the gold) at a gold shop for 1,100 Baht, it paid the dentists bill.

Actually she impressed me, 28 years old, studied dentistry at three universities and has completed a special course on implants. She owns the surgery with her sister (also a dentist). She works six days a week at her business and then travels overnight to work one day at the uni clinic in Bangkok.

Strange thing is she has a mouthful of false teeth, one can see metal anchor rings around several teeth, good looking woman, it's a pleasure to have her fingers in my mouth.

8 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

missus sold it (the gold) at a gold shop for 1,100 Baht, it paid the dentists bill.

Actually she impressed me, 28 years old, studied dentistry at three universities and has completed a special course on implants. She owns the surgery with her sister (also a dentist). She works six days a week at her business and then travels overnight to work one day at the uni clinic in Bangkok.

Strange thing is she has a mouthful of false teeth, one can see metal anchor rings around several teeth, good looking woman, it's a pleasure to have her fingers in my mouth.

That might just be a retainer for orthodontic work to straighten her teeth rather than false teeth.

Archived