Updates on COVID extensions beyond Nov. 30?

Hi TV, 

I am looking for any updates on COVID extensions (amnesty or otherwise) beyond Nov. 30. 

I was formerly employed on a NON-B Visa (with Work Permit) that was cancelled by my employer following layoffs. I then went to Chaengwattana with an embassy letter and was given an Under Consideration stamp with a mid October return date. I went back on that date and was stamped to Nov. 30. 

Time is now winding down again. I know there has been talk of 60 day extensions beyond Nov. 30, but I am having trouble finding verifiable information. What is the most accurate, up to date information on this situation? I don't plan to return to my home country due to the worsening COVID outbreak.

Thanks for your help.

SM

20 hours ago, SodaManao777 said:

Hi TV, 

I am looking for any updates on COVID extensions (amnesty or otherwise) beyond Nov. 30. 

I was formerly employed on a NON-B Visa (with Work Permit) that was cancelled by my employer following layoffs. I then went to Chaengwattana with an embassy letter and was given an Under Consideration stamp with a mid October return date. I went back on that date and was stamped to Nov. 30. 

Time is now winding down again. I know there has been talk of 60 day extensions beyond Nov. 30, but I am having trouble finding verifiable information. What is the most accurate, up to date information on this situation? I don't plan to return to my home country due to the worsening COVID outbreak.

Thanks for your help.

SM

I am pretty sure you can get a 60 day extension now without needing an embassy letter.  You may need to sign an affidavit saying it is hard for you to get a flight home. If you look through there are other threads about this.

OP, There are some imm offices that are providing an affidavit to sign. Basically stating that due to covid situation you are unable to exit Thailand. If I was in your situation I would be finding out about specific offices.

MTT (Bangkok) is one example where embassy letter is not being asked for and you are asked to sign affidavit. 

Some other offices are not doing this. 

You could relocate to area where office is being helpful.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

MTT (Bangkok) is one example where embassy letter is not being asked for and you are asked to sign affidavit. 

Thanks for the info. So you just walk in, sign the affidavit and they give you a 60 day stamp?

2 minutes ago, Robbkk said:

Thanks for the info. So you just walk in, sign the affidavit and they give you a 60 day stamp?

You to pay the standard 1900 baht fee, complete a TM7 form, attach copies of your passport photo page and TM6 departure card.

And a appointment if going to MTT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Robbkk said:

Ubonjoe outlined what to do at MTT. Note appointment at MTT.

The point is it's not that simple at all immigration offices. Where are you located? Your username suggests bkk.

Folk dealing with your office could advise what's happening there.

Edited by DrJack54

On 11/6/2020 at 10:50 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, There are some imm offices that are providing an affidavit to sign. Basically stating that due to covid situation you are unable to exit Thailand. If I was in your situation I would be finding out about specific offices.

Some other offices are not doing this. 

You could relocate to area where office is being helpful.

Good luck.

I understood letters weren't needed anywhere. The Australian Ambassador has said they are not needed.  Unfortunately I am dealing with Pattaya who seem to make up their own rules.

42 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I understood letters weren't needed anywhere. The Australian Ambassador has said they are not needed.  Unfortunately I am dealing with Pattaya who seem to make up their own rules.

Find out what they require at your imm office. If indeed they don't provide affidavit option I would suggest that you go to MTT. Most likely need to stay hotel Bangkok to show address. For MTT you need to make online booking. Perhaps find out what Rayong imm office are doing. 

• Like 1

Is it really necessary to go to MTT over Chaenwattana? I have trouble believing two offices within a few kilometers of each other are operating under different guidelines?

Is the 60 day Covid extension form available from any official source online?

The site Ubonjoe provided says you can apply up to 45 days prior to your expiration date. Any reason to wait closer to the 30th? I haven't seen many reports of successful extensions from people in this situation quite yet.

Edited by SodaManao777

32 minutes ago, SodaManao777 said:

Is it really necessary to go to MTT over Chaenwattana? I have trouble believing two offices within a few kilometers of each other are operating under different guidelines?

MTT is a temporary office opened to reduce the workload at CW. CW and MTT offer different services that is why you have to go to MTT.

Is the 60 day Covid extension form available from any official source online?

It is the same TM7 form used for all extensions.

The site Ubonjoe provided says you can apply up to 45 days prior to your expiration date. Any reason to wait closer to the 30th?

The 45 days is for long stay extensions. No problem to do the 60 day extension a couple of weeks early.

So this fellow had a work permit which was cancelled and then he got some amnesty for a stay until the end of November. I thought the embassy letter was for those about to overstay their tourist visas. 

So aside from that, are the authorities here going to allow "former tourists" to live here permanently, offering amnesty extension after amnesty extension until...well, 2021 or beyond? And I thought the amnesty was for people who were physically unable to leave the country vis a vis sickness or those who could not fly home because of air plane schedules. Did something change or I missed something? 

• Haha 1

The form I am referring to is different than a TM7. It is the "Affidavit for granting permission to stay in the Kingdom during the pandemic situation of COVID-19." It has been floating around certain forums, but I have not seen it posted on any immigration website. 

Trujillo, that is why I am seeking advice here. I am trying to determine what my chances are for approval.

Edited by SodaManao777

I have only seen photos of the first page of the affidavit. There is nothing on any official immigration website about the 60 day extension or a download of the affidavit.

The office you go to will give you the form to complete.

1 hour ago, Trujillo said:

So this fellow had a work permit which was cancelled and then he got some amnesty for a stay until the end of November. I thought the embassy letter was for those about to overstay their tourist visas. 

So aside from that, are the authorities here going to allow "former tourists" to live here permanently, offering amnesty extension after amnesty extension until...well, 2021 or beyond? And I thought the amnesty was for people who were physically unable to leave the country vis a vis sickness or those who could not fly home because of air plane schedules. Did something change or I missed something? 

You missed something

It was not just intended for Tourists - I was on a ED Visa and had no issue getting the amnesty extension

You seem bitter that people are being allowed to stay?

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Find out what they require at your imm office. If indeed they don't provide affidavit option I would suggest that you go to MTT. Most likely need to stay hotel Bangkok to show address. For MTT you need to make online booking. Perhaps find out what Rayong imm office are doing. 

Thanks. It seem so chaotic. Would be hard to believe this is a government organization we are talking about if it wasn't real.