Moving to Thai farm Issaan

maulibels85

4 hours ago, 473geo said:

Nice shots, but you fail to understand, looking at our homes, our cattle, our grassland, our mango trees, our banana trees, our papaya trees, our riceland all producing, and or keeping us busy and active, is much more pleasing to the Isaan farmer.

As I said, you want scenic span and variation, go visit NZ beautiful country

Fair play to you if you enjoy that life. But wouldn't you say that you're in the minority?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Fair play to you if you enjoy that life. But wouldn't you say that you're in the minority?

You meet two type of people who have moved out on the country side. Those who have given up and do not do nothing, and they who actually create a daily life for themselves. The same type you also find in the more populated tourist areas. For an healthy active man, sitting still and do nothing is not a life, and if you have resources, you also manage to escape if you do not like that kind of lifestyle. I moved to country side because of covid, and have so far not regret once. As told before, when you get bored country side, you load up the bikes, and leave for a weekend, week or weeks. 

Boring village life during covid

3DD9A9CA-77BE-4B18-A224-4EEC11F773BB.jpeg

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

It for sure true for some, but not everybody, and if you believe so, you got quite a narrow mind if you can not see any advantages of living on the country side. 

You can have that same countryside 30 min east of Pattaya. You and most all are where they are because they followed the little lady. You don't have to go to Isaan to have peace and quiet.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

I am an original, not many will have enjoyed the varied lifestyle I have over the years, but always been a people person rather than a places person, thus I can appreciate the relaxed laid back attitude of the Isaan lifestyle, a little compromise goes a long way here

Minority, possibly, due to the circumstance of the majority. The amount of young Thai people and farangs buying a good sized plot of land for a home and hobbies is certainly increasing rapidly around my area. Perhaps living in a shoe box in the metropolis, or expensive resorts, is fast losing its appeal for those who have options

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You can have that same countryside 30 min east of Pattaya. You and most all are where they are because they followed the little lady. You don't have to go to Isaan to have peace and quiet.

Some people will never get it, because they never experienced it. Yes, of course we would never found the place without help from our little lady as you so nicely put it. Further explanation should not be necessery. 

Family is important to the little girls as you call them, and not all family or every girl need to manipulate you to go back with them. It was an easy choice when covid arrived to move out of the city, and so far not regret it. Not every close family relation is bad, and for us rather very helpful to take care of her land and our animals when we travel. 

Also built myself an nice gym. The freedom lays in the space you can affort away from everything compare to 30 min away from Pattaya and Hua Hin as an example. Cant beat that feeling, but as said not everyone can understand it, and the same security vise when we travel. 

C6A581F4-8E2C-4249-ABDF-100CC7078404.jpeg

0114CEFF-3E8B-464B-AB91-0813B5D648BC.jpeg

E276B7BB-3DB3-4586-9B38-7A6A7CAB1ED1.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 473geo said:

The amount of young Thai people and farangs buying a good sized plot of land for a home and hobbies is certainly increasing rapidly around my area.

The main difference between these 2 categories being

the first own the land they buy

and the others just provide the money, the land

they pay for is not in their name.

Not a big deal for few lucky one

(And you are probably one of them)

but a disaster in the making for the others

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

What you say is possibly true, BUT why are you where you are????

3 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

What a surprise !

I finally have enough of BKK.

I need space and peace.

Decided to move to lovely Isaan to start my farm.

Friend just offered me his pets for a decent price. 

Paid them, loaded them and on my way to Isaan.

They are heavy.

I will start a Ranch. (do I need a Ranch Rover for that?)

We will buy 500 Rai for our rice plantation.

Another 200 Rai for Durian.

50 Rai for Strawberries.

Astalavista 

117D98BB-CDDB-43B4-9684-053957FEF6FD_4_5005_c.jpeg

Edited by AlfHuy
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Why you talking about disaster? One one should put in more money than they are willing to walk away from, right? 

Everywhere you walk in thailand you see disasters of human life that hoped and dreamt about something else! But thats part of it, some find it, and some do not, and some get over it, and some others dont. 

And some end up here telling everyone else what to do and not to do

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You know what makes me smile, I never had a mortgage in the West, it would have cramped my freedom, I could travel, and, work, when and where I wanted, and here I am in a modest home in Isaan where now my family will live for years, play, grow up among family and friends. Always have enough to get by.

See concern about ownership, not being my thing in life, has in my case been a blessing and opened doors rather than being a victim of 'lifestyle' choices. I am sure there are millions with more money and assets than I, pleased where ever they are they think a big house, trip to the gym, a big car, eating out a restaurants, parties, travelling means they are having a good retirement, I did all that before 50 - except the house of course, I did spend a summer living in a tent, that was quite an experience.

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Some people will never get it, because they never experienced it. Yes, of course we would never found the place without help from our little lady as you so nicely put it. Further explanation should not be necessery. 

Family is important to the little girls as you call them, and not all family or every girl need to manipulate you to go back with them. It was an easy choice when covid arrived to move out of the city, and so far not regret it. Not every close family relation is bad, and for us rather very helpful to take care of her land and our animals when we travel. 

Also built myself an nice gym. The freedom lays in the space you can affort away from everything compare to 30 min away from Pattaya and Hua Hin as an example. Cant beat that feeling, but as said not everyone can understand it, and the same security vise when we travel. 

C6A581F4-8E2C-4249-ABDF-100CC7078404.jpeg

0114CEFF-3E8B-464B-AB91-0813B5D648BC.jpeg

E276B7BB-3DB3-4586-9B38-7A6A7CAB1ED1.jpeg

Brilliant..

11 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I finally have enough of BKK.

I need space and peace.

Decided to move to lovely Isaan to start my farm.

Friend just offered me his pets for a decent price. 

Paid them, loaded them and on my way to Isaan.

They are heavy.

I will start a Ranch. (do I need a Ranch Rover for that?)

We will buy 500 Rai for our rice plantation.

Another 200 Rai for Durian.

50 Rai for Strawberries.

Astalavista 

117D98BB-CDDB-43B4-9684-053957FEF6FD_4_5005_c.jpeg

You forgot space for the rubber trees and mango. 555555

2 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

What you say is possibly true, BUT why are you where you are????

I started out in Isaan bought 7 rai built a nice home, lived there part time as I was working. The only way it would have been an OK retirement home would be to further enclose entire home with a wall and locked gates. No English program schools around locally.

I'm one of the lucky ones who had money to relocate and I chose to live by the sea with a good school 5 min away, have an upscale gym 10 min away, movie theaters with english movies in pattaya. Here it's just us and not an entire village stopping by whenever they feel, no MIL and her entourage, no family drama in my sight. I'm happy to buy plane tickets for old lady and daughter to visit Isaan occasionally. Now I'm going out to my front yard, crack open a beer next to my waterfall and relax without anybody stopping by. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I started out in Isaan bought 7 rai built a nice home, lived there part time as I was working. The only way it would have been an OK retirement home would be to further enclose entire home with a wall and locked gates. No English program schools around locally.

I'm one of the lucky ones who had money to relocate and I chose to live by the sea with a good school 5 min away, have an upscale gym 10 min away, movie theaters with english movies in pattaya. Here it's just us and not an entire village stopping by whenever they feel, no MIL and her entourage, no family drama in my sight. I'm happy to buy plane tickets for old lady and daughter to visit Isaan occasionally. Now I'm going out to my front yard, crack open a beer next to my waterfall and relax without anybody stopping by. 

When can we have a TV meeting?

D6C2591F-2E20-4F04-AF1F-596F8778AF2E_4_5005_c.jpeg

Edited by AlfHuy

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Not into netflix then, do you charge yourself farang price to visit your waterfall just to be sure you feel you are actually in Thailand?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

One thing I have to give you right, and that is if I had kids with my gf, I would never ever lived countryside, and Im not sure I would even live in Thailand with them. 

When it comes to Neighbours I could not live in the middle of a thai neighbourhood either in a village, and therefor we have our own plot of 3 1/2 rai standing alone bordering to the national park, and rice fields. So given your experience, I will give you right, I could not live like that either, and especially if having kids. 

13 minutes ago, Tagged said:

One thing I have to give you right, and that is if I had kids with my gf, I would never ever lived countryside, and Im not sure I would even live in Thailand with them. 

When it comes to Neighbours I could not live in the middle of a thai neighbourhood either in a village, and therefor we have our own plot of 3 1/2 rai standing alone bordering to the national park, and rice fields. So given your experience, I will give you right, I could not live like that either, and especially if having kids. 

I guess one has to understand how to get to where you want to be in Thailand, or be happy with what one can attain. On a small farm in Isaan with relatively low everyday expenses a worker in a local 7-11 can have almost as much disposable income as clerical worker with a mortgage travelling into BKK

Of course if somebody wants to travel the world then a differing plan would be appropriate, but if Isaan is where your home, heart, and family are, the world can be of little consequence

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Why you talking about disaster? One one should put in more money than they are willing to walk away from, right? 

Everywhere you walk in thailand you see disasters of human life that hoped and dreamt about something else! But thats part of it, some find it, and some do not, and some get over it, and some others dont. 

And some end up here telling everyone else what to do and not to do

I am talking about disaster because it's what happens in a lot of cases

You are totaly right, nobody should put more money than they are willing to walk away....

Then you have the dreamers, the idealists, the ones thinking more

with their little head rather than the big head, the ones thinking they are better and more clever than anyone else, the ones thinking they can do it when in fact they can't,, and so on

And at a moment, usualy when everything is paid (Land, house, car, gold and so on) all these people realize that if all is going south, they have usualy 2 options:

1\staying here whatever they have to endure because they are financialy trapped

2\ walk away and lost all of their ''investissements'', ending broke back in their country of origin or in a 2000 bahts\month fan room in Bkk or Pattaya, spending half of their time on a barstool in a love story with their beer trying to forget the past and the other half of the time on Thai visa trying to avoid to the others to do the same mistakes they have done

Nothing to do with telling to the others what they have to do or not

The goal is just to give them a friendly warning, having some past experience in the matter, after that it's ''up to you'' and yes, fortunately there are also a lot of nice story with a happy ending, like your story is

imo it's always good to have a balanced view on a topic

not only the pink or the black side

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are totaly right, nobody should put more money than they are willing to walk away....

with their little head rather than the big head, the ones thinking they are better and more clever than anyone else, the ones thinking they can do it when in fact they can't,, and so on

And at a moment, usualy when everything is paid (Land, house, car, gold and so on) all these people realize that if all is going south, they have usualy 2 options:

2\ walk away and lost all of their ''investissements'', ending broke back in their country of origin or in a 2000 bahts\month fan room in Bkk or Pattaya, spending half of their time on a barstool in a love story with their beer trying to forget the past and the other half of the time on Thai visa trying to avoid to the others to do the same mistakes they have done

The goal is just to give them a friendly warning, having some past experience in the matter, after that it's ''up to you'' and yes, fortunately there are also a lot of nice story with a happy ending, like your story is

Yeah but  there must be millions of words out there broadcasting 'friendly warnings'

And yet we have members on Tvisa who somehow feel the need to 'friendly warn' on every thread that suggests a guy might enter into some relationship with a Thai lady...... but.... further they seek to deride ad infinitum positive comments........ personally I think there is something missing in their lives.......good Thai lady perhaps?

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

Not into netflix then, do you charge yourself farang price to visit your waterfall just to be sure you feel you are actually in Thailand?

Love Netflix, not sure of connection. Naw, I paid the farang price when I bought the waterfall.

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Yeah but  there must be millions of words out there broadcasting 'friendly warnings'

And yet we have members on Tvisa who somehow feel the need to 'friendly warn' on every thread that suggests a guy might enter into some relationship with a Thai lady...... but.... further they seek to deride ad infinitum positive comments........ personally I think there is something missing in their lives.......good Thai lady perhaps?

I was under the impression that a forum (And afaik thai visa is a forum) was a place where you can exchange views on a topic, sometimes you agree with someone else, and sometimes you don't, you can have positive views or negative, it depends of a lot of things, your experience, your mood at the moment, the weather and so on

If you want read only people with only positives comments on Thai ladies and Issan maybe start a blog where you can moderate the comments in the way you prefer?

The fact that your Thai lady is ''good'' is pure luck, it's like a lotery with the women in general (And Thai are not an exception to the rule) you can never be sure of nothing. you paid for all the tickets but only few of them are winners

you just have to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:
2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Expand  

Have you so far had one who said you are right and stopped them from where they where heading? This is what I find so fascinating with all this knownledge shared even from me to others in best meaning, never really stopp others from doing the mistakes they are going to do. Maybe make them think twice, and maybe do things a bit different, but in overall, nothing will change the fate they are going to meet, or we are going to meet. 

Even if it could ''save'' only one of these fools, it deserves the effort imo

But you are right, usualy the experience is a personal lantern hanging on your back 

illuminating the path traveled only for you, the others thinking (Right or wrong) that

they are on a different path

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I was under the impression that a forum (And afaik thai visa is a forum) was a place where you can exchange views on a topic, sometimes you agree with someone else, and sometimes you don't, you can have positive views or negative, it depends of a lot of things, your experience, your mood at the moment, the weather and so on

If you want read only people with only positives comments on Thai ladies and Issan maybe start a blog where you can moderate the comments in the way you prefer?

The fact that your Thai lady is ''good'' is pure luck, it's like a lotery with the women in general (And Thai are not an exception to the rule) you can never be sure of nothing. you paid for all the tickets but only few of them are winners

you just have to hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

"The fact that your falang man is ''good'' is pure luck, it's like a lottery with the men in general"

I know there is many men with good intentions out there, but I will say the same that goes for women also goes for those men who come to Thailand to find happiness.

The most common wrong some do, is that they just think they can just point and pick a woman, and she should happy that someone like them want her, and willing to take care of her. In most cases thats where the problem starts, and it comes with a price

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The most common wrong some do, is that they just think they can just point and pick a woman, and she should happy that someone like them want her, and willing to take care of her. In most cases thats where the problem starts, and it comes with a price

Hey, that's what I do, but as I'm paying them a wage they can leave at any time.

Plenty more to 'pick' from, if the current woman leaves.

Most of the problems foreign men have in Thailand is their own fault for trying to illegally buy land using a Thai woman as a proxy. If you stick to the law, you won't have a problem.

Edited by BritManToo