CCSA panel approves 10-day quarantine

webfact

On 11/5/2020 at 9:44 PM, Kadilo said:

If you’re not wanting 14 days quarantine, you’re not wanting 10 days. Makes sod all difference to anyone contemplating a holiday which would be typically 2-3 weeks. 
Think again. 

To me, personally, I would never accept 14 days, but am likely to accept one week. So, at least to some, 10 days would be more attractive. But still very few would come, sure. 

36 minutes ago, khunPer said:

If you read the article I linked to, the other cases were 9 days, and two each after 4 days, so seems like they already test several times, which is also my impression from the news articles. It probably should be the same procedure in all quarantine places. Out of 5 cases, 2 were after 10 days quarantine, i.e. 40 percent. My point is that it seems like 10 days quarantine might not be fully safe; however the persons might have been infected during quarantine, some news articles also suggested that possibility...????

Remember the reducing to 10 days are countries with hardly any covid cases like here in Sydney Australia.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, khunPer said:

If you read the article I linked to, the other cases were 9 days, and two each after 4 days, so seems like they already test several times, which is also my impression from the news articles. It probably should be the same procedure in all quarantine places. Out of 5 cases, 2 were after 10 days quarantine, i.e. 40 percent. My point is that it seems like 10 days quarantine might not be fully safe; however the persons might have been infected during quarantine, some news articles also suggested that possibility...????

when I checked out of ASQ, I asked the manager if he thought govt would move to10 days. He said no, too many cases still after 10 days. I guess he should know????

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 5:11 AM, Caldera said:

Those "bla bla per million" figures are all very theoretical. The very first tourist who will come in and somehow infect Thais surely will cause quite a storm, either way.

I hope that that storm will really come soon. Because then they Thais can see that the covid really is not a fraction as dangerous as they think. 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:34 AM, NorthernRyland said:

Costa Rica has no quarantine. I was thinking of going there although I've never been.

check it out dude, they offer every tourist free covid insurance, everything is open and there are many promotions, been looking to go there with my wife and daughter too.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 5:33 AM, nobodysfriend said:

You do not seem to understand that opening the country to potentially infected tourists from Europe or the US or India , is a risk that is not worth taking .

Do you think that tourism will be back to the 40 million from 2019 ?

The unrealistic dreamer is YOU .

You do not seem to understand that 8000 children extra die every day from staration, and hundreds of millions are sinking into deep poverty. Many, many more will die from hunger, than is saved from the so-called covid death. 

We are most likely talking about 'Mission: Impossible 2,' here. 

• Sad 1

On 11/6/2020 at 5:37 AM, Scouse123 said:

I think no chance whatsoever of achieving those figures but you advocating extreme poverty and 25% loss of GDP according to latest international figures is better?

This is going to lead to robberies, riots and civil unrest and it's going to get worse.

Ridiculous to say a risk not worth taking.

100% agree!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Fundamentally flawed, at this point in time no one can prove they do not have covid on arrival.

Quarantine is the only feasible solution and even that is not 100% effective. Thailand does not have the resources for mass quarantine so the tourist sector must accept it is a lame duck until quarantine is no longer necessary, either through reliable rapid testing on arrival or vaccination.

Then why test, regardless of timing or test type, if that's the case?

Lame duck? There is no tourism sector anymore. Just as the government wants it.

On 11/6/2020 at 6:16 AM, nobodysfriend said:

The best approach is what they are actually doing now .

Testing , quarantine , and testing again before allowing tourists to move freely around the country .

If they just limited it to this, it would certainly be a lot better. But they don't. You need to show that you have minimum half a million baht on your bank account, two different sorts of insurance, pre-paid quarantine hotel, tracking wrist band a'la Orwell 1984, and a million other things that I cannot remember now. If they just has two or three tests and 10 day quarantine, but unfortunately the control has gone completely berserk! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roxnadz said:

Then why test, regardless of timing or test type, if that's the case?

Lame duck? There is no tourism sector anymore. Just as the government wants it.

What case would that be?

I have to assume that you believe tourists only come from outside the country.

4 hours ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

You really believe the WHO is a trustworthy organisation????????

I don't!!

I wouldn't trust the WHO, however it has been apparent that the Thai government have been following the WHO directives. from the beginning.

It seems Thailand wants tourist with money to come and spend it there. And fortuneatly there are plenty of tourists in Europe lockdowns right now who are considering going to Thailand right now even it means a quarantine. I am one of those.

However as it is now, it is not worth the hassle for me to go to Thailand. It’s easier to just go to Mexico, Costa Rica, Maldives or some other country that wants my money more... 

Imo what Thailand needs to do to get our money is:

1. Make it straightforward to enter the country. Elite visa is too expensive and takes several months. STV is limited to too few countries and require accomodation for the entire stay. Insurance, CoE etc just takes times and adds uncertainty. I propose a more simple just pay a one time fee at the airport, let’s say 10000baht. This includes the administration costs, the insurance in case of hospital treatment for covid. 

2. Put all tourists in quarantine for 10days, which means that after 240h after checking in to the hotel you are free to leave if you have passed PCR test within the last 24h. 
3. Offer quarantine in villas a few hours outside of Bangkok, for example in Hua Hin or Pattaya. What is the point of having prime real estate if you are not allowed to go outside anyway. A private pool and a garden would make 10days much more liveable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

What case would that be?

I have to assume that you believe tourists only come from outside the country.

Those are the only tourists that matter. It’s why the government created the STV with all its draconian requirements in the first place.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:44 AM, Kadilo said:

If you’re not wanting 14 days quarantine, you’re not wanting 10 days. Makes sod all difference to anyone contemplating a holiday which would be typically 2-3 weeks. 
Think again. 

Maybe an alternative would be to take the test then quarantine for however long for the result in an airline partnered hotel in country of origin. If test comes back negative then they get a certificate and bussed to airport. Thailand could get airlines to sign up for the partnership scheme.

Anyone not expecting to quarantine at all isn't being realistic.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Abmong said:

Anyone not expecting to quarantine at all isn't being realistic.

I wouldn't go that far. Kiwis are allowed into Australia without quarantine why not into Thailand?

Instead of blanket rules they should be fluid science/evidence based IMO.

On 11/7/2020 at 12:45 PM, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

I hope that that storm will really come soon. Because then they Thais can see that the covid really is not a fraction as dangerous as they think. 

The real problem , as noticed in Europe , is if the Thai Sanitary Organization & Hospitals is ready to cope with eventual large numbers of infected people ? I suppose that is the real issue as it is at the moment for all Countries with large numbers of hospitalization wich are constricted to go in Lockdown or Curfew ...

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

To me, personally, I would never accept 14 days, but am likely to accept one week. So, at least to some, 10 days would be more attractive. But still very few would come, sure. 

1 week would be acceptable if you wouldn't have to go through the COE and all relative burocratic difficulties . 

So OK 1 week of quarantine with Negative Covid Certificate before boarding flight but visa on arrival ... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Salerno said:

I wouldn't go that far. Kiwis are allowed into Australia without quarantine why not into Thailand?

Instead of blanket rules they should be fluid science/evidence based IMO.

That could verywell be on the cards for "travel bubble" countries. The idea has been floated. But it wouldn't be for everyone wanting to visit Thailand.