Chinese tourists will be spending up to 400K each in their short time in Thailand, TAT chief

rooster59

Chinese Business / government folk buying cheap real estate / hotels in Thailand can be the reason to do quarantine prison and still spend such amounts... no one in their right mind would come for holiday to be subjected to isolated confirment when they have a negative covid test pre flight. Humiliation 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maverell said:

Firstly, why is a tourism chief wearing a uniform, secondly does anyone believe a word TAT say?

They need to stop thinking that Chinese tourists are the best thing since sliced bread and take their blinkers off.

I know more than 39 westerners who used to spend way more than 400k when they used to visit as tourists. Me being one of them. 

Cause he's a military flunky 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

As undoubtedly the spokesman is talking out of his proverbial the main takeaway I'm getting from this thread is that the old "us expats should be looked after better as we bring in more money than tourists" is also undoubtedly ballocks based on the incredulity shown here.

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand told Channel 7 that the group of Chinese tourists that arrived from Shanghai and are now visiting the seaside after passing through a 14 day quarantine would be spending between 300,000 and 400,000 baht each.

That is going to be a lot of dried durian strips, mackerel tins & mama, packed in those spinner suitcases. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Chinese tourists will be spending up to 400K each in their short time in Thailand, TAT chief

tour.JPG

Image: Channel 7

The governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand told Channel 7 that the group of Chinese tourists that arrived from Shanghai and are now visiting the seaside after passing through a 14 day quarantine would be spending between 300,000 and 400,000 baht each.

They will be here for a month in total.

Yuthasak Suphasorn said there were 39 of them.

This was roughly the originally reported number and different to other reports that suggested there were 33, notes Thaivisa. 

The tourists were the first group on the STV (special tourist visa) and arrived in Bangkok where they underwent the two week quarantine at a luxury hotel. It was unclear whether the cost of their quarantine was part of the governor's assessment of their spending power.

Yuthasak said it was just a matter of a few days before the next group of more than 100 tourists from Gwangzhou are released from quarantine.

He said that people need not worry about them - they are Covid free and like Thai returnees have gone through all the necessary measures.

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-07

Is the Tat Chief related to the Public Health Minister.

• Haha 2

Hmm, so after prepaying in China to Chinese companies for their Chinese airfares, Chinese hotels, Chinese tours and Chinese restaurants they are then going to go out and spend B100,000/week on what? Handbags at Chinese duty free shops?

On 11/7/2020 at 2:12 AM, Maverell said:

Firstly, why is a tourism chief wearing a uniform, secondly does anyone believe a word TAT say?

They need to stop thinking that Chinese tourists are the best thing since sliced bread and take their blinkers off.

I know more than 39 westerners who used to spend way more than 400k when they used to visit as tourists. Me being one of them. 

Most ex-pats don't spend that much in a year ????

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 8:55 AM, Thaiwrath said:

When will these clowns stop pulling numbers from thin air, he hasn't got a <deleted> clue how much they will spend !

I've seen how much they eat at buffets. Spending big isn't on their agenda for some things 

Edited by Garry