Chinese tourists will be spending up to 400K each in their short time in Thailand, TAT chief

rooster59

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Since it has been revealed earlier that these "tourists" are actually Chinese government officials with an agenda, he now revealed the spending budget that got allocated

Where was it revealed?

2 hours ago, Susco said:

Since it has been revealed earlier that these "tourists" are actually Chinese government officials with an agenda, he now revealed the spending budget that got allocated

I dont think that is correct but may be wrong. There was a group of government staff that came under a separate purpose about the same time. I know several on TV guessed that they were the same group and posted that they have figured out the "scam". It was report in Bangkok Post that government group had gone back after completing there mission. It was about the same week this group arrived.  Now I may be wrong on this but that is my memory of this situation.   With all that said I would not be surprised if this group is connected to a government sponsored program to help promote tourism starting up in Thailand. That would be more likely. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Brilliant, I just love a good old belly laugh in the morning. These people are deluded. If they are spending that much, they are not tourists at all, but business folk buying up Thailand.  Just brilliant. 

How much of Thailand does one buy up with 400k ?

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My sister came over a few years ago, family of 5, two weeks. 

Spent 10 days in the intercontinental in Hua Hun - 2 Adjoining rooms: 170,000 baht

Spent 4 days in the Shangrila - 2 Adjoining rooms: 40,000 baht. 

They didn’t spend an additional 190,000 baht on food and other stuff !!! 

The idea that one tourist spends 400,000 baht in two weeks is utterly ridiculous - this idiots simply don’t think critically before making such outlandish statements, and anyone with any sense recognises these statements as being hideously outlandish and the speaker a fool. 

Last time I looked 1 month is not 2 weeks but yes, 13k a day is a bit over the top for leo's and a rub and tug.

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

They are intermediaries for Chinese Sovereign Wealth fund investments.  They are doing the same all over the World, drawing Nations into debt.  One example among many. The Maldives are finally seeing the light as they default on cheap Chinese debt and property investments in that country.  They are not alone. Thailand investments in road/rail. bridge/ dams infrastructure and other large projects, while impressive, are being debt financed and I can bet who is holding all that debt. It will come back to haunt them and sooner than they think.  "He who sups with the devil, should have a long spoon", never a truer phrase.  

They doing that @ 400k per visitor over 1month ?

Edited by Techno Viking
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

The stingy frugal Chinese will spend THAT much in Thailand? if they wanted to spend that much they'd have gone to Europe and to a third world country where a plate of seafood cost you an arm and a leg.......

Agree.. They are too cheap to spend that kind of money...