Health officials chasing down Phuket connection over Krabi COVID patient

webfact

5 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Well a  few Burmese  tested  .... 1000, already inThailand  ,,,How  was an Indian  let in?..

He's been here since February. Entered back when things were normal and there was no COVID in India at that time.

In any case for the length of time he has been here, unless he had 2 sequential false positive tests (not impossible but rare, about 1 in 1,000 odds) then he was infected in Thailand.

14 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

"small amount" is this something you can measure? say, if i have 3mg of the virus in my body...

Dont worry it is only a teeny weeny rice eating Asian virus not the much more dangerous big fat beer swilling farang virus...????.

1 minute ago, Marco100 said:

I follow this site and every day is updated with new PUI's . Seems the total doesn't get updated as it only grows . Probably People with Seasonal Influenza? 

No. This table lists only confirmed COVID cases.

The total is a cumulative number so naturally it grows.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I recall reports of significant increases in Viral Pneumonia cases in December and Jan. 

Back track though the Thai Mistry of Public Heath and those same reports are no longer present (they’ve been removed).

I recall a very specific report on 3rd March referring to the increase in Viral Pneumonia cases, shortly afterward that report was removed and the count number for Covid-19 started from scratch. 

IMO: Covid-19 passed though Thailand in Nov / Dec / Jan  / Feb... and at the time was simply considered Viral Pneumonia because no one knew much about Covid-19 until late Jan. 

This was just 3 weeks ago and I read similar comments regarding hospitals being packed full of people everywhere .

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No. This table lists only confirmed COVID cases.

The total is a cumulative number so naturally it grows.

I do not mean the Confirmed Covid Cases .

The Patient under investigation is the interesting number Sheryl .

501.869 Patient under Investigation and today 205 new cases  , but there is days where numbers are over 1000 cases .

Why is this Patient under investigation or PUI number's in the Covid Cases Governative Report ? 

Are this 500.000 people monitored for what ?

Any one knows ? 

19 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

501.869 Patient under Investigation and today 205 new cases  , but there is days where numbers are over 1000 cases .

Why is this Patient under investigation or PUI number's in the Covid Cases Governative Report ? 

Any one knows ? 

That’s people who were investigated or are currently under investigation, either because they showed symptoms or were in contact with a confirmed Covid case. Most if not all of these people would have received a PCR test under the track and trace program. 

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Here's one:

Get the hotels/guest houses, restaurants/bars etc etc reduce costs so that domestic tourism can thrive.

That's already been done!  But there aren't enough domestic tourists to fill all the properties.  Many are shut down and going bankrupt.  Tough and CRAZY times!

11 hours ago, peter zwart said:

Which you will never can. Even a vaccine will not keep you completely safe. Quess we have to deal with this virus and pick up the normal life asap. You can stay in a lock down forever but that wont make the virus disappear. The only way to deal with it is to let it go arround and build up immunity. There is no other way im afraid.

Herd immunity has already been dis-proven.  Look at Sweden.  Didn't work.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Here's one:

Get the hotels/guest houses, restaurants/bars etc etc reduce costs so that domestic tourism can thrive.

Already happening in Phuket take a look at sites like Agoda upto 85% discounts some friends of ours came down from BKK and stayed at the Movenpick in Karon a 1000 Baht a night for a 2 bedroom apartment with a sea view,

Although in my area I dont see any restaurants making any discounts, Kata and Karon I see a few on FB,

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marco100 said:

Any one knows ? 

I think it is people traced and tested and from the way it is listed it must be cumulative. It is not people currently under investigation.

This potential super spreader seems to have behaved in a completely irresponsible manner jetting about the country visiting tourist sites as if wuflu doesn't exist and the Thai government is encouraging Chinese Tourists from the source of this worldwide pandemic to do the same????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:46 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Herd immunity has already been dis-proven.  Look at Sweden.  Didn't work.

Not True. I does work. The only mistake the swedish gouvernment made was at the beginning by not protecting the elderly. They also admit that. If you look at the stats of many other countries they all have a second spike in death numbers. But not in Sweden. 

10 minutes ago, peter zwart said:

Not True. I does work. The only mistake the swedish gouvernment made was at the beginning by not protecting the elderly. They also admit that. If you look at the stats of many other countries they all have a second spike in death numbers. But not in Sweden. 

Sorry, herd immunity is an impossibility unless you are OK with millions of deaths.  Luckily, world leaders aren't OK with that.

21 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sorry, herd immunity is an impossibility unless you are OK with millions of deaths.  Luckily, world leaders aren't OK with that.

Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = Deaths / Cases = 23,430 / 1,694,781 = 1.4% (1.4% of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 have a fatal outcome, while 98.6% recover). When you change the policy of handeling this virus and protect the elderly until there is a vaccin, the rest of the world can continue their normal lives again. 

4 hours ago, peter zwart said:

Infection Fatality Rate (IFR) = Deaths / Cases = 23,430 / 1,694,781 = 1.4% (1.4% of people infected with SARS-CoV-2 have a fatal outcome, while 98.6% recover). When you change the policy of handeling this virus and protect the elderly until there is a vaccin, the rest of the world can continue their normal lives again. 

Considering every medical expert has said we don't know the exact stats for infections and deaths, those numbers mean nothing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 10:10 AM, AlQaholic said:

With this conspiracy scenario in mind, where are they hiding the piles upon piles of people who died from COVID and how are they keeping the relatives and hospital workers silenced? I'm sure there is another conspiracy theory for that as well:)

Who said someone needs to die. Do you know that most people have no symptoms? Including this guy.