Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

On 11/9/2020 at 10:14 AM, 4reaL said:

Shame the little girl had to witness that.

He should have never taken the girl.therevin the first.place. i speak Thai right some Thai amd trained in Thai camps. During these times don't stick your head in there business. Russia learned his first lesson. Embassy warn you for a reason. Your just a guest in there country. That's it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

He should have never taken the girl.therevin the first.place. i speak Thai right some Thai amd trained in Thai camps. During these times don't stick your head in there business. Russia learned his first lesson. Embassy warn you for a reason. Your just a guest in there country. That's it.

you need to be a total dick not to know that without being told

On 11/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, Victornoir said:

The Thai demands democracy and boxes the first foreigner who does not share his opinion.

This stupid militant has just done an invaluable service to General Prayut by showing everyone that it would be dangerous to give him any power.

He doesn't want the power lol. They the millions want democracy and farangs should shut there mouths and leave them to there business. 

• Sad 1

For all the posters continuing to blame the victim of a physical and bloody assault I'd like to point out that the Thai court of public opinion and the Thai police have had their say on the matter.

Looking forward to some serious grovelling by this Lowlife, since only the victim will be able to get the police to withdraw the charge(s). Otherwise he will be convicted in court due to the video evidence clearly showing the assault.

32 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Ok.. I get it.

"Farang"  Bad. Stupid.

Thai "man" just protesting for democratic right to physically assault someone who verbally disagrees with him. Bonus to be able to do it while the man's daughter is standing right next to her father. Extra bonus for frightening a young girl.

Just wondering what galaxy you came from Mr. Alian (sp).. You gotta be a spaceman 'cos there's no way you named yourself after a high-spec computer.

I come from the reality and you ? 

If you say bad words to a campaigne , no matter in which country, you can get punch from one of their people. You have no idea how dangerous it could be and still you think that you are in the right position. It is useless to have a freedom if you don't know how and where to use it !!

If you still don't get it, well i think not me who come from other space but it could be you that you still don't realize what earth is.

Be smart, don't be stuborn and dont be stupid. 

Edited by alianware
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobbin said:

For all the posters continuing to blame the victim of a physical and bloody assault I'd like to point out that the Thai court of public opinion and the Thai police have had their say on the matter.

Looking forward to some serious grovelling by this Lowlife, since only the victim will be able to get the police to withdraw the charge(s). Otherwise he will be convicted in court due to the video evidence clearly showing the assault.

Differentiate 2 things.  First law matter. Second street behaviour. 

Two different world and two different result.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

You have to be joking?  Farang stay OUT of public Thai politics - not his business and if he intervenes in any protest he can expect Thais to be very peed off - either side.

Why were they doing speeches in english if they dont want foreigners involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It seems that you have fogotten your own post where you suggested that the Russian show go back to Moscow

Maybe there is a modest distinction between being an armchair observer, and verbally assaulting a sincere and courageous protester in his own country? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Which law does that?

If you are interested in it, you should consult a lawyer. If you follow the news from Bangkok post and PBS, you will have heard not long ago a warning from goverment to foreigner since the massive pro democracy demo to not get involved and not to gather yourself around the campaigne. That is for the whole thailand.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Donga said:

Well, if that's true the Russian was certainly guilty of stupidity if nothing else.

Was also silly not to move on with his daughter when it became obvious the protester was a tad unhinged.

I agree that the Thai who did the head butting should be charged, but if it can be proved that the Russian was looking for trouble and provoking anyone, then he should be charged also.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, johng said:

Yes totally uncalled for reaction,  whatever the Russian said  there is  no excuse for the Thai's violent outburst.

Just supposing, only supposing, remember we don't know what happened off camera, that the Russian threatened the protester with violence, then the protester was right to headbutt him.

If anyone ever, and it has happened in the UK, threatened me with violence, I would deck him on the spot.

44 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Maybe there is a modest distinction between being an armchair observer, and verbally assaulting a sincere and courageous protester in his own country? 

a sincere and courageous protester that resorts to physical violence in front of a 10 year old child

10 hours ago, CLUBBER said:

I don't care what the Russian said it's clearly an assault by the Thai and he should be charged accordingly ! 

I agree, but just suppose the Russian threatened the Thai with violence, would the Thai not then be allowed to retaliate?

On 11/9/2020 at 1:59 PM, alianware said:

The lady, who talked to your daughter tried to help you but you ignore her. And you continue stayed there like a superman ! Why ?? 

If you live in Asian long time already and you dont know the basic rule "Never mix yourself into political matter" , than sorry to say that you are stupid and your fault.

Political is very sensitive matter and no farang has right to say anything !

Never challange anyone for political issue. Even local people won't dare to do so. Say sorry and GO from that place !.

Why did you stay there longer with your daughter ?? You have nothing lose there. Just GO out from the area, as people has shouted you to go already !!! 

Are you a priest, you sound like your preaching but no ones listening,  has it occured to you that he is Russian and most probably does not understand a word of english, so he wouldn't know what was going on or why the agressive honky was screaming at him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vinoman82 said:

I lived in Thailand for twenty years and I never forget that I am just but a guest  in Thailand. Looking back at the USA today and the attacks on Asians simply because they are Asians, and many right winger blame them for corona virus. All the century  long racism and wars in Europe.

Do not forget this is Thailand, it was very obvious to me he was not wanted there, he should have just left and nothing would have happened. Instead he chose the "I have every right to be where I want to be" and he paid the price.

"guest"? In Thailand???????????????

54 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Has there been a media announcement of the arrest and charges etc yet? 

Yes, he was taken to a restaurant for beers and food by the police chief saying;  you can not do in front of camera na.  You need to do in dark soi with many friends and make farang sleep goood so he not remember.  ????????????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kinyara said:

You obviously fail to realise that in the lead up to that incident the farang in the video had a bout of road rage, stopped his car and pulled out an iron bar from his boot and made an attempt to attack the Thai driver in the drivers seat of his car.  It was all shown on camera footage at the time.

But hey let's avoid that uncomfortable fact and get all your prejudices out in one go. 

It isn’t how you explain it at all. And before he took out a crow bar there were things happening that the Thai man started in traffic with HIS reckless behavior.   The attack on the farang was a fairly long time after the Thai man started it all.   The Thai man was never in anyway physically hurt.  He was just mad at all farangs and behaving bad in traffic.  This Thai man isn’t what you think he is.   You re out of date Kinyara.  
But if you want reactions like this around where you live, hey let’s go for it ! 

Edited by GeilGeilertzen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alianware said:

If you are interested in it, you should consult a lawyer. If you follow the news from Bangkok post and PBS, you will have heard not long ago a warning from goverment to foreigner since the massive pro democracy demo to not get involved and not to gather yourself around the campaigne. That is for the whole thailand.

I didn't say there was a law (because I don't think there is), however you did.  A government warning is not a law.

1 minute ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

It isn’t quite how you explain it.    And this was a fairly long time after.  The Thai man was never in anyway physically hurt.  
But if you want reactions like this around where you live, hey let’s go for it ! 

He managed to get away in the first instance before he was physically hurt, probably quite fortunate in hindsight for the foreigner or he would have faced considerable time in jail given the weapon involved. 

Like 99.9% of people living here I've avoided the need or desire to provoke such reactions. 2 very similar cases in my opinion, in terms of cause and effect. 

31 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I didn't say there was a law (because I don't think there is), however you did.  A government warning is not a law.

Can you understand my comment ? I tell you to ask your lawyer if you want to know. Yes there is a regulation for this matter !!

And read my comment carefully. I wrote "goverment warning" not "goverment law"

Edited by alianware