Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

20 minutes ago, alianware said:

Can you understand my comment ? I tell you to ask your lawyer if you want to know. Yes there is a regulation for this matter !!

And read my comment carefully. I wrote "goverment warning" not "goverment law"

Your comment was:

"This is not a racist comment. If you are farang (foreigners) the law told you already to avoid and prohibited you to be a part of political matter. And why you think my comment is racist ? You misunderstood."

I'm just pointing out to you that, as far as I know, there is no such law.  I do appreciate, however, that English may not be your first language, so your comments may be being lost in translation!

29 minutes ago, alianware said:

Yes there is a regulation for this matter !!

An operator at the Government Contact Centre hotline, speaking to Khaosod English, said… “that as long as a foreigner attending a protest does not engage in illegal activities, they will not be prosecuted for going to it.

“We do not prevent foreigners from going to protests. If they are peacefully going to protests, then there should be no problem,” he said. “If they’re not violent, they won’t be under surveillance. And to protest is within democratic rights as well.”

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/should-foreigners-go-to-protests-and-get-involved-in-thai-politics

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

a sincere and courageous protester that resorts to physical violence in front of a 10 year old child

Correct. The fact that a child was present changes nothing. It is just a little person. That is all. Nothing particularly special, nor does it excuse what the father said or did. Are you saying a crime or offense should never be committed when children are around? That excuses the transgressions of all parents of any act? Nope. Barely any difference at all. 

And to say all protestors are supposed to behave like saints is not reasonable either. They are people, no matter how noble the cause, and your opinion counts little, regardless of whether or not you support real democracy. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2020 at 6:20 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong - no one deserves to get head-butted simply because they are ‘present’.....  neither does he deserved to get head-butted if he even went as far and voiced an opinion, or simply acted belligerent and smirking as others have noted. 

YOUR idea (Expat Tom) that someone deserves to get physically assaulted (much more than head-butted) for simply being present at a rally is outrageous - have you even actually considered what you wrote ????? 

An hour ago I popped out to the ATM - inadvertently I rounded a corner on my motorcycle and was right next to a Political Rally....  about 200 Thai's in the area (100% Thai) - should one of them taken a disliking to me (a foreigner) for being there ????? 

I think you'r right richard , just that headbut was enough . But you cannot tell me that he accidently ran into a small group of protesters on a miles long beachroad , you bumped into them while turning around a corner on your bike , you did never see them from around the corner i think maybe if you saw them you would have driven to another ATM . 

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Correct. The fact that a child was present changes nothing. It is just a little person. That is all. Nothing particularly special, nor does it excuse what the father said or did. Are you saying a crime or offense should never be committed when children are around? That excuses the transgressions of all parents of any act? Nope. Barely any difference at all. 

And to say all protestors are supposed to behave like saints is not reasonable either. They are people, no matter how noble the cause, and your opinion counts little, regardless of whether or not you support real democracy. 

On this forum my opinion has the same value as yours, similar when you vote you have one vote I also have one vote

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Yes,unless you,re a thai citizen.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but to my way of thinking, guests are people who get invitations, and we certainly do not get invitations to come here, simply because we are not welcome.

Didn't you read about the deputy "PM" saying we are dirty farangs and don't shower?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, but to my way of thinking, guests are people who get invitations, and we certainly do not get invitations to come here, simply because we are not welcome.

Didn't you read about the deputy "PM" saying we are dirty farangs and don't shower?

I gave up on Thailand after spending many years there, it has to be the

most racist country I have ever visited

14 hours ago, alianware said:

Why don't you tell me that i try to warn farang who still don't know how to adapt himself for his safety instead you blame me to defend the thai ?? If i don't comment to the thai it  doesn't mean i defend him. 

All asian children are being taught by his parent in this way. They got angry from their parent if their children get involved and than being attacked like this. Thats why we have the word "som nam na"  will you say that it is unacceptable that thai parent tell their children so ?? It tell you , this is their education to always warn their children not to do something stupid like this.

I read every one of your rants. In all of them you chose to blame the victim like it was his fault - just for standing there minding his own business, with his 10-year old daughter no-less!!! Stop trying to defend yourself over it. You’re only re-enforcing the point that has been made here already: that Thai’s generally can’t handle being proven wrong!!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Seems like the thai deputy pm agrees with me,and reinforces my point.wouldn,t make too many long term plans re the los,me Old china.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Thai men  hate the farang. They feel threatened because we are much better then them, we have what the thai lady want. They can not satisfy the thai lady. 

Not with money perhaps,but practically every thai woman being sponsored by an absentee white knight has a husband or boyfriend or other farang ( s) taking care of their carnal needs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I always find the thais have love-hate relationship with farangs they hate us but love our money

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

I always find the thais have love-hate relationship with farangs they hate us but love our money

If you are referring to the soldiers government, I agree with you, but the ordinary Thai I'm not so sure, and I

have never come across this with my Thai wife and family.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Your mixing the wrong circles, maybe you need to get out more, I have a great family never ask for nothing and when they come to Phuket they never come empty handed, we have one auntie of my wifes always brings me a couple of bottles Red wine

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Why get into an argument with a Thai. Not your country. Is Russia democratic? Does it even allow protests? Macho macho man.

I'd put Russia's level of "democracy" on a par with Thailand's, and like Thailand, protests are allowed.  Not sure why you wouldn't argue with a Thai if your felt strongly enough.  Rather supine and cowardly to just accept everything that is said or happens to you on that basis.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/10/2020 at 11:19 AM, bobbin said:

Ok.. I get it.

"Farang"  Bad. Stupid.

Thai "man" just protesting for democratic right to physically assault someone who verbally disagrees with him. Bonus to be able to do it while the man's daughter is standing right next to her father. Extra bonus for frightening a young girl.

Just wondering what galaxy you came from Mr. Alian (sp).. You gotta be a spaceman 'cos there's no way you named yourself after a high-spec computer.

They don't care if your a rocket scientist. They don't want you to stick your nose in. End