Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

Basically I don’t like seeing foreigners getting involved with internal affairs such as how a country should be run.  And especially not tourists.  

But what a lousy and cowardly act of Sirawith “Ja New” Seritiwat. Head butting a father with10 year old daughter is not ok and speaks volumes.  Also the utter most cowardly act as he knew very well  that no one will intervene if a Thai attacks a foreigner.  So it was really the only one there he could attack.  Had he attacked a thai man the same way and hell would break loose with metal bars knives and who know what. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Head first ... right into the problems ...

This guy , Narathiwat “Ken” Khamma , did no favor to the democratic movement by reacting in such an uncontrolled and offensive way . ( and that in front of many cameras ...)

I thought that Thai's ' lose their face ' by showing that they are not able to control themselves ... ?

I do not know what led to this , but it is difficult to justify violence only because of a problem in communication .

head irst .png

Unfortunately the exact opposite is true . Thais lose face when they don't lose control and strike out after perceiving being offended in any way shape or form . Never insult any Thai unless you are ready for the blow back .  Land of Smiles quickly becomes Land of Screwballs when they are even slightly embarassed by someone .  Their reaction often greatly exceeds the severity of the slight .  Don't underestimate the violent streak in many many many Thai's . Cab drivers carry machetes , Moto bike drivers carry knives .

If you think you want to flip someone off while in a car think again because there is a high probability of being chased down and assaulted . Easy solution STF* and keep driving. Thai's do not yield the right of way .  You need to take it without eye contact and hopefully without rubbing wheel covers.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover but the Russian gives the impression of being a right <deleted> to put

the child in such an unnecessary volatile situation .  He clearly doesn't understand the first rule for expats in Thailand that states " If any thing bad happens it is the expats fault because it would not have happened if the expat had not come to Thailand . End of ". If you can't walk away then run because it will never end well for the Falang .  He may have been just strolling minding his own business (doubtful) but even so the moment he was challenged he should have gracefully altered his path and carried on to avoid trouble.

Let's be thankful the Russian didn't raise a hand to the thug because the thug's mates would have done the  Thailand 2 step on him . Step 1; only one Thai starts fighting Falang . Step 2 ; a multitude of mates do the pile on and target the victims head with their feet as much as possible until he is rendered immobile .

I  am of the opinion the only thing that saved this man a trip to intensive care or worse was the presence of so many camera's .

Needles to say the Thug should be incarcerated for the assault . I expect the Falang will end up paying the Thug a couple of thousand baht for putting his nose in the way ofthe Thugs forehead .

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If it had been a Thai and not a Russian who was the victim of the assault would that then make it unacceptable in the eyes of those victim blaming ?

Are people saying he deserved to be assaulted because he is 'non-Thai’  ?

Don,t know what people are saying,i didn't say it,just stating when in rome do as the romans do,i.e respect their customs,as i wasn,t there don,t feel justified in giving an opinion,however if you,re in a foreign country and act in a disrespectful manner these things happen sad but true.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Don,t know what people are saying,i didn't say it,just stating when in rome do as the romans do,i.e respect their customs,as i wasn,t there don,t feel justified in giving an opinion,however if you,re in a foreign country and act in a disrespectful manner these things happen sad but true.

Yes, be respectful and use English spelling on an English language forum, or at least try to.

4 hours ago, johng said:

Protester was released on 10,000 baht bail  after being charged with causing physical and mental damage to another.

10,000 baht bail is a jock for such a vicious assault.

so cruel because he did it in front of his 10 yr daugther.

a man like that is dangerously violent and must be locked up.

but hey...he is thai and the farang is...well...just farang.

i am sure he will not be able to sue him in civil court. he should, if he could, sue

him for damages in millions of baht. A broken nose can cause suffering for years and

the girl will have trauma and mental damages.

But than again, the thai court will dismiss the case as nothing.

Shows the status of farangs in this thailand and how the law ignore their rights..

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smylee52 said:

Unfortunately the exact opposite is true . Thais lose face when they don't lose control and strike out after perceiving being offended in any way shape or form . Never insult any Thai unless you are ready for the blow back .  Land of Smiles quickly becomes Land of Screwballs when they are even slightly embarassed by someone .  Their reaction often greatly exceeds the severity of the slight .  Don't underestimate the violent streak in many many many Thai's . Cab drivers carry machetes , Moto bike drivers carry knives .

If you think you want to flip someone off while in a car think again because there is a high probability of being chased down and assaulted . Easy solution STF* and keep driving. Thai's do not yield the right of way .  You need to take it without eye contact and hopefully without rubbing wheel covers.

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover but the Russian gives the impression of being a right <deleted> to put

the child in such an unnecessary volatile situation .  He clearly doesn't understand the first rule for expats in Thailand that states " If any thing bad happens it is the expats fault because it would not have happened if the expat had not come to Thailand . End of ". If you can't walk away then run because it will never end well for the Falang .  He may have been just strolling minding his own business (doubtful) but even so the moment he was challenged he should have gracefully altered his path and carried on to avoid trouble.

Let's be thankful the Russian didn't raise a hand to the thug because the thug's mates would have done the  Thailand 2 step on him . Step 1; only one Thai starts fighting Falang . Step 2 ; a multitude of mates do the pile on and target the victims head with their feet as much as possible until he is rendered immobile .

I  am of the opinion the only thing that saved this man a trip to intensive care or worse was the presence of so many camera's .

Needles to say the Thug should be incarcerated for the assault . I expect the Falang will end up paying the Thug a couple of thousand baht for putting his nose in the way ofthe Thugs forehead .

No, the opposite is absolutely not true, and you can't have spent much time in Thailand if you sincerely believe that. Acting out and causing a scene is always frowned upon by fellow Thais.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Myran said:

No, the opposite is absolutely not true, and you can't have spent much time in Thailand if you sincerely believe that. Acting out and causing a scene is always frowned upon by fellow Thais.

QUOTE: Acting out and causing a scene is always frowned upon by fellow Thais.

....unless it is done to "lower" people.

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I doubt he left home that evening with the intention of headbutting people

you might be surprised, but many people leave home with the intention of beating people.

either way, according to your logic, any criminal who did not leave home with the intention

to commit a crime is not guilty.

• Haha 2

I saw the video and was shocked the Thai guy knocked his head onto the defenseless Russian.

While I agree that foreigners shouldn't interfere in a foreign country's political affairs but the Thai guy shouldn't have resorted to physical injury.

The Russian guy was actually quite genial.

9 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Assuming that the Russian was the father of the young girl who was hanging on to him, there is no question that he should have walked away.  Apart from the fact that the girl would be traumatised by what was going on, he has a duty of care over her.  As any parent knows, you never put your child in harms way. 

i respectfully this aggree. the russian was out for a walk with his daugther and stopped to hear

what was said, in english, in this central tourist spot of this family touristic resort.

than he was confronted by this thai savage, in what should be a coltured pro-democracy event.

so the russian just stood there, believing that he is in a democtratic event in a family friendly town.

than the thai savage proved to hm - and to all of us - what we allready know - that pattaya is a low life

low culture place run by gangsters and shady characters.

so the russian was just standing there to prove his point. that is why he is showing the blood from his nose, as showing : SEE WHAT I MEAN? THEY ARE NOT DEMOCRACY AND NOT NICE PEOPLE. JUST MAFIA.

so the russian was not wise, but absolutely right. he did not want to walk away and run for his life

because of what suppose to be coltured argument in freedom event. he did not want to admit for himself that he is not really living in a family friendly place. he did not want to see the truth.

now, unfortunately, he knows better.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I saw the video and was shocked the Thai guy knocked his head onto the defenseless Russian.

While I agree that foreigners shouldn't interfere in a foreign country's political affairs but the Thai guy shouldn't have resorted to physical injury.

The Russian guy was actually quite genial.

Knocked his head? Hang the nut is the correct terminology for delivering a headbutt.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RanongCat said:

ask why a nice  father takes a  young  girl into a protest event and makes comment to cause  anger?

the father took his daugther for a walk on the beach road. that is where the event took place.

so he stopped to listen and said his opinion. nothing wrong with that.

he expected that a pro democracy event will respect free speech.

nothing that he said can justify such a brutal assault.

stop blaming the obvious victim.

the blame is all on the thai brute.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, alianware said:

But He is farang. Don't do something democratic which the local have been fighting since decade and isn't over. 

They are still in battle. Showing democratic opinion now is negligence. Even in a democratic country in asia. Never do that ! You will just bring yourself into stupid dangerous.

I would avoid being anywhere near these protests as a foreigner, but it’s unacceptable for you to be defending the assailants behavior. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, champers said:

The Russian gent kept his cool, his Thai assailant competely lost it and deserves to be charged with GBH. What caused the confrontation in the first place; anyone know?

I was thinking about that, maybe a Russian married to a Thai, with reasons to support the enlightened one

1 minute ago, whaleboneman said:

That's funny. I always thought it was head butt. I googled "hang the nut" and only got testicles hanging out of boxer shorts.

I was referring to the delivery of said head butt,hang the nut is south london vernacular,for a practical demonstration of this just go into a millwall pub and start singing " i,m for ever blowing bubbles"

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

What are you on about?

- there is a difference between ' and ,

- , is followed by a space

- your posts are often completely unreadable

- but I admit that you are an authority on headbutts

Edited by oldhippy
  • Haha 2