Foreigner injured in clash with protester during pro-democracy rally at Jomtien Beach

webfact

11 minutes ago, tgw said:

the only person who broke the Law is the headbutter

Yes totally uncalled for reaction,  whatever the Russian said  there is  no excuse for the Thai's violent outburst.

Edited by johng
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Donga said:

Was also silly not to move on with his daughter when it became obvious the protester was a tad unhinged.

Yep, I can picture this movement for democracy getting the upper hand and the the Country ending up with a government of thugs on Yabaa. I'd rather keep the Military...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I  made  comment before had not seen the Video

After seeing the Video  it is obvious this  Thai man is a big guy  and used to  being  a bully...also  seems off his face on something?

However  to see  such a deliberate  low act  with an old man made me feel sick...I am so  happy  it is on video for the world  to see 

And ashamed of Thai  men...at least Police have the video   to charge him  (if they do ... after all he hit a non Thia)

I hope he get a prison term  he needs to  be  put in his arrogant  low life   place

I am a ex cage  fighter   and hate  voilence  out side of  sport 

One rule   I live by ... is never  take on an  old  man  or  woman... and never  throw  a sucker  punch ..it is cowardly   and  shows  you are more dog than  man ..I  am  really  upset  cos that poor little kid was with her Dad....Thai  man you  are  a  Dog

Good  Luck Thailand ...I  think you really   need it  ....That  the type of people you want  in Gov..god help you all 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Look  bro  he was  not upset  or abusive  Russian man was smiling  even after  head butted  

So  what   he said   could not have been too bad  ...No  excuse  for  what he  did anyway  no matter what he said  ....The Thai lady   with the finger should have got  kick in the  butt too ..rude   very  rude  ...great   for  pro  democracy  movement   vote  or  we bash you ...lol

But to a bully  on yabba...   an excuse to wack  a smaller  old  man was to  hard to resist  

That  just about sums it up 

Good  Luck Thailand 

10 hours ago, Victornoir said:

The Thai demands democracy and boxes the first foreigner who does not share his opinion.

This stupid militant has just done an invaluable service to General Prayut by showing everyone that it would be dangerous to give him any power.

At least we know Narathiwat's opinion of foreigners.  I haven't seen Prayut headbutt a foreigner.  Maybe he's not so bad after all? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

On the Thai news  (Thai Rath)   they said (according to the protester) the Russian called the protesters

"rubbish"  who had caused the economy damage both to Pattaya and Thailand as a whole !!!!

Protester was released on 10,000 baht bail  after being charged with causing physical and mental damage to another.

He has his own prayut in Russia : putin

He shouldn't have interfered in thai demonstration againts dictatorship.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The guy's daughter seemed fairly distressed.

Yes. So ask why a nice  father takes a  young  girl into a protest event and makes comment to cause  anger?

Interest in doing is   for? Business?  Money  lost? Is  he a life  member of  Thai or  maybe on a  marriage  visa  to stay . Is ok to have an opinion  but when  objecting to  ask  for   real democracy  maybe  forgets  what Russia his  Ma  live?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, alianware said:

Yes, but you are in other country with other rule and other culture. Dont live in other world with your whole culture. You must adapt yourself. Even native people won't dare to challange it. Why you as foreigner should do it ? 

Indeed, too many foreign guests are fooled by the Land of Smiles propoganda

• Like 2

The protest leaders took turns in giving anti-government speeches, both in Thai and in English, urging Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha to resign.

I swear to god, Buddha, and any others that I become a monk for at least three months, if he's leaving as Trump will soon do.

But there's a cruel similarity. Neither Trump, nor Pinocchio would resign. 

He's got an important meeting with his mates from Anuban II today. 

It's still a military ruled country far away from a democracy. The ones who stand up disappear, or will be punished.

How could he change so many laws and regulations to be able to do what he wants?

These soldiers can arrest whom they want and when they want.

How legal can that be? 

Pinochio.gif

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So it seems like the foreign man's crime was this:

A Thai man with no authority told him to leave the area, in front of the Thai man's associates.

Foreign man smiled and laughed.

This made the Thai man fly in to a rage, that the foreigner wasn't doing what he was commanding him to do.

The longer the foreigner wasn't doing what the Thai man with no authority was demanding, the angrier and uglier the Thai man got, as his associates were watching.

The result: The Thai man and his sidekick verbally abuse the man and a 10 year old foreign girl, then physically assault him, possibly breaking his nose.

Just what authority did the Thai man have to demand the foreigner and his daughter leave the public area. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

So ask why a nice  father takes a  young  girl into a protest event and makes comment to cause  anger?

Looks like they were walking along, came across a group of people blathering on about something or other, and stopped to see what was happening. 

Then was shouted at to leave (the public area) by a man with no authority to tell them what to do. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Russian probably drunk had not idea what even going on there however the attacker needs be put in jail for 6 months and pay 100,000 bht compensation to the victim and this time that might really happen.Lots of witnesses 

I agree, justice needs to be seen to be done on this, Thais are as outraged as farang

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alianware said:

Yes, but you are in other country with other rule and other culture. Dont live in other world with your whole culture. You must adapt yourself. Even native people won't dare to challange it. Why you as foreigner should do it ? 

QUOTE: You must adapt yourself.

The Borg would say: "you must assimilate", but the Thais are so much more refined.

24 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Fair enough,but you should remember you,re a guest in someone elses country.

If it had been a Thai and not a Russian who was the victim of the assault would that then make it unacceptable in the eyes of those victim blaming ?

Are people saying he deserved to be assaulted because he is 'non-Thai’  ?

• Sad 1

Seeing that so-called "pro-democracy" wannabe politician in action, I have to reconsider all I ever said and thought about Prayut... I will certainly keep this name “Ratsadon Pattaya” in mind for future reference. What a empathy depraved pig... Feel so sorry for the little girl. A shame she had to witness this. Hope that Narathiwat “Ken” Khamma guy will serve a prison sentence and see his stupid idiot party banned, dissolved and all members banned from politics for life.