Si Racha: Four Bangkok city slickers rescued after their kayaks overturn in heavy seas

webfact

Si Racha: Four Bangkok city slickers rescued after their kayaks overturn in heavy seas

8pm.jpg

Water police were called after they got a call from kayakers in distress between Si Racha and Koh Si Chang.

Rescued first were Khom,54, and Phakhin, 26 who were exhausted. 

They had been thrown into the sea by high waves. Fortunately a mobile phone was still working and they could call for help.

Two others called Jaran, 59, and Sitthichai, 42, were helped to shore by members of the public. 

8pm1.jpg

The group, all from Bangkok, had set out for Koh Si Chang from Si Racha before getting into difficulty.

The police advised kayakers to check weather conditions before embarking on such adventures.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-09

I used to kayak out of Jomtien.  It would be like glass in the morning, but unsafe by 2:00 in the afternoon.

Not hard to envision a group getting too far out when the wind picked up.

Mornings were for kayaking.  Afternoons for kite surfing and sailboats.

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why would anyone want to visit Koh Si Chang?  The place is infested with huge red centi/millipedes that drop out of trees on to your table!

Which is it? Centipedes have a real nasty bite or sting, I don't think millipedes do.

(What is big, green, has 6 legs and if it fell on you out of a tree it could kill you?

........A snooker table.)

Edited by jacko45k

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Which is it? Centipedes have a real nasty bite or sting, I don't think millipedes do.

(What is big, green, has 6 legs and if it fell on you out of a tree it could kill you?

........A snooker table.)

I didn't hang about to count the number of feet. Some of them were thicker than thumbs and a good eight inches long.

(Guy goes to a chiropodist thinking it's a VD clinic. Nurse says, 'Let's have a look at the offending member.'  He drops his pants. 'That's not a foot,' she cries.  'No but it's a good eight inches.')