UK sees goodwill for Brexit trade deal, open to 'sensible' fishing compromise

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good post, but being small in the EU does not equate to insignificance.

The EU’s hopes of signing a free-trade agreement with Canada this week are on a knife-edge after Belgium announced it could not sign the treaty because of opposition from regional parliaments.

The collapse of the negotiations in Belgium highlights the pitfalls that may await the British government when it seeks to negotiate a trade deal with the EU after Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/24/eu-trade-deal-with-canada-collapses-as-belgium-refuses-to-sign

Thought this was signed  in 2017???

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I always liked  "Australian terms".......idiots.

Me too. It never failed to infuriate Remainers who didn't realize that Brexiteers using the expression knew perfectly well what it meant ????.

Seems like it's still got legs ????.

18 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Thank you,

by the way I am Flemish, but of course I understand, read and speak French and German.

It was mandatory to know our 3 national languages, when I was young.

English is thus my 4th. language.

See my post here above.

Wallons, Flamands, Scots and Irish they are all Europeans, the English are a different story   555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Not really, they all have English as their main communication language....Bet that hurts...????

are you telling us the Wallons Flamands Scots and Irish  ALL speak English ? you must be kidding, tell that to a Scot or to an Irish and you will be surprised with their answer 555

Just now, Mavideol said:

are you telling us the Wallons Flamands Scots and Irish  ALL speak English ? you must be kidding, tell that to a Scot or to an Irish and you will be surprised with their answer 555

Really, even the ASEAN countries have voted to communicate in English....????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

That's why the SNP are putting Gaelic on all their road signs in Scotland when nobody speaks it, it just confuses everybody, they would be better putting Polish on their signs as more people in Scotland speak Polish than Gaelic. Ask a Scot if he wants a pint of heavy he would have no trouble understanding you.

so you agree with me, Scots and Irish don't (want to) speak English, now be nice and tell that to your buddy /comrade  @transam 555

Edited by Mavideol

24 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

so you agree with me, Scots and Irish don't (want to) speak English, now be nice and tell that to your buddy /comrade  @transam 555

Hey, but they do speak/communicate in English, just like you in EU land...????

Plus, "comrade" should be reserved for folk here trying to overturn democracy....????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If by 'trashing' you mean that I believe the result was a huge mistake; then you are correct.

But in a democracy it is my right to not only hold but also express that opinion.

I am behind my country, and hope that we can still get a trade deal with the EU. If that means expressing my opinion of where I believe this current government is going wrong, than that is my right in our democracy.

Then try posting some positive stuff regarding YOUR country moving on instead of the posting route you have taken..

PS. No, I am not going to post links....????

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If by 'trashing' you mean that I believe the result was a huge mistake; then you are correct.

But in a democracy it is my right to not only hold but also express that opinion.

I am behind my country, and hope that we can still get a trade deal with the EU. If that means expressing my opinion of where I believe this current government is going wrong, than that is my right in our democracy.

Yet you support everything the EU does or is trying to do..I take note of your emijon stuff....????

"Fishing remains a major sticking point in the talks, with the UK seeking to negotiate a greater share of its own waters.

But the EU is determined for the status quo to remain"

-Express 19th November-

This quote puzzle me if I read it correctly. 

It is suggesting that the "Fishing Problem" is not at all a sovereignty affair, but solely a mercantile one. 

The U.K. trying to get the higher price possible, the E.U. not wanting to pay more. 

Or what is the meaning of :

" seeking to negotiate a greater share "?