Tourism industry asks government to reconsider travel bubble

snoop1130

Do anyone remember the first Covid-19 case outside China?

It was a Chinese man in Thailand!

Just one unobserved case can be a superspreader; is the possibility of a second total lockdown worth to risk for having some tourists coming?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm all for the travel bubble, seeing as how Australia is on the list of safe countries ????

Seems to have worked for Australia who let New Zealand travellers in without requiring quarantine. 

Yes but the New Zealanders have to go into quarantine when they arrive home

4 hours ago, alianware said:

I think so too. Until the whole bars area and the dollars are empty and they will suddenly realize that there are still need farangs.

Who are you kidding?

Those in charge will never admit that.

The poor and those destitute from this crisis are dust under their feet. 

57 minutes ago, davidmann said:

Amazing ,the  Chinese  ,start a virus ,the whole world is sick ,millions of people lost there Jobs/Dead, business  failure  everywhere. ,not many people not been effected by this ,WHAT DO THAILAND COME UP WITH TO REWARD THE CHINESE COME ON HOLIDAY. , has anybody opened wild animal restaurant  yet to make them feel at home.  ,special of the day Bat soup 

Don't you remember Thai Immigration and Thai Police making that video at the beginning of all of this, the one they called "We Stand with Wuhan." The sequel is now in production, "We are Part of Wuhan."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spock said:

New Zealanders can now enter Australia without quarantining. It shouldn't be necessary between countries that have no or very few active cases. Expecting people to quarantine is not going to resuscitate tourism. Nobody expects Thailand to open up to the countries you mention, but a quarantine free bubble with covid free countries would be a good way to reintroduce tourists to the country. With a vaccine just around the corner, the risks are not so great if tourism is currently contained to a select few countries, but not just China. 

they are destroyers not reformers..To expected 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Way to go!

Not.

Why do you say that? 

Deaths are also very low. Averaging around 20 a day in Saudi right now, population 35 million. I would say they're doing an excellent job. 

Life is as normal. Infections are low. Deaths are very low. And the economy is not shutdown. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Why do you say that? 

Deaths are also very low. Averaging around 20 a day in Saudi right now, population 35 million. I would say they're doing an excellent job. 

Life is as normal. Infections are low. Deaths are very low. And the economy is not shutdown. 

I misunderstood.

Apologies.

3 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

Why do you say that? 

Screenshot_20201110_124115.jpg

Screenshot_20201110_124054.jpg

9 hours ago, outsider said:

No, according to Thailand. Westerners, farangs and the similar sorts are dirty, pesky, infected and have no money. The rest of the world simply does not exist, as far as Thailand is concerned. So yes, just their Chinese paymasters exist, then.

It's the exact reason the Prayut administration is not fit to serve Thai nationals. They are turning Thailand into a Chinese province 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

Lots of cases because of lots of testing ?

2117324123_UKsecondwavecases.jpg.6053d6c44381ee91b88cfda04c19ea1a.jpg

and the death rate ?

802191802_UKsecondwavedeaths.jpg.8d165ca25f4301068cd4c63306117e3f.jpg

Not sure what your point is, but for sure, more testing means more cases. 

And doctors know a lot more now so treatment is better, so less people die, and now more younger people have it now in the Uk, so less people die. 

• Like 1

Was looking at a facebook site about Thailand the other day and it was advertising Thailand tourism as business as usual. 

I asked a question and was promptly told it was open and no problems. haha

TOT is trolling the internet making sure they portray all is normal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, garyk said:

Was looking at a facebook site about Thailand the other day and it was advertising Thailand tourism as business as usual. 

I asked a question and was promptly told it was open and no problems. haha

TOT is trolling the internet making sure they portray all is normal.

Its so frustrating listening to friends that just google "Can I travel to Thailand" and then think they know more than me after being on TVF for 8 months researching daily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1