Non-O family wife at Jomtien: no second 60 days extension without embassy letter

hi,

At Jomtien they won't do a second 60 days extension without embassy letter, is it usual ?

So the only easy choice is a 1 year volunteer visa for 40000 thb, can you recommend me an agent to do it ?

Thanks.

I just received an reply email today from the British Embassy.

"On Monday 2nd November 2020, the British Embassy Bangkok received verbal confirmation from Thai Immigration Bureau that Embassy letters are not required to extend visas within Thailand.
Instead, you can complete an affidavit at your local Immigration Office."

So no letter if you are British at least.

You can apply for the new 60 day extension without a embassy letter. It is not required for the application. You complete a affidavit by ticking boxes for the reason you need the extension.

Immigration here told two friends it would not a problem to apply for the new 60 day extension after getting one to visit their wives.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the new 60 day extension without a embassy letter. It is not required for the application. You complete a affidavit by ticking boxes for the reason you need the extension.

Immigration here told two friends it would not a problem to apply for the new 60 day extension after getting one to visit their wives.

They said NO this morning at Jomtien.

So what can I do ?

Do you know anybody who got the second 60 days extension ?

Are they just trying to push for the volunteer visa ? It might work ! I really cannot stand all these idiots anymore, if paying 40000 is the solution to avoid seeing them again for 1 year, I might pay !!! I just hope that this volunteer visa is safe and really official ?

40 minutes ago, samtab said:

So the only easy choice is a 1 year volunteer visa for 40000 thb, can you recommend me an agent to do it ?

First up, you should be able to obtain 60 day extension with affidavit. Is being done in MTT so just usual nonsense that some offices provide affidavit and some don't.

As far as agent in Pattaya, my friend obtained visa based on volunteering for the price you mentioned. Keyvisa.

43 minutes ago, samtab said:

Do you know anybody who got the second 60 days extension ?

I aware of people that have applied for and got the 2nd 60 day extension.

One option would be to go to Bangkok spend the night in a hotel and be sure they do a TM30 report. Then apply for the 60 day extension at the office in Muang Thai Thani (MTT).

OP, as I mentioned earlier you don't need to go down volunteering option.

There are agents in bkk that could do the 90 report on your behalf. You could do that from Pattaya.

Some friends have used Thai visa centre and that service is not expensive.

Has anyone got a link to the Immigration site that says a Embassy letter is not required?

We all know that it isn't but it seems some offices are not doing what they should and refusing extensions without letters

It would be good to show something official when I visit next week

I am going to print out the British Embassy page where it says they are not issuing them but something from the official Immigration site would be better

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Has anyone got a link to the Immigration site that says a Embassy letter is not required?

There're pictures available of the immigration form in other threads, showing the tick box option - No embassy letter.  Search for threads titled; 60 day extensions and print out a copy.

To the OP,  perhaps they were thinking you wanted to extend your 60 day extension for visiting Thai wife a 2nd time (not possible), did you say specifically that you wanted to apply for the COVID 60 day extension? You could request the affidavit, or, as suggested above, you could also print out a copy from this site.

21 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

There're pictures available of the immigration form in other threads, showing the tick box option - No embassy letter.  Search for threads titled; 60 day extensions and print out a copy.

To the OP,  perhaps they were thinking you wanted to extend your 60 day extension for visiting Thai wife a 2nd time (not possible), did you say specifically that you wanted to apply for the COVID 60 day extension? You could request the affidavit, or, as suggested above, you could also print out a copy from this site.

I'm aware of the tick box option however some offices seem to be ignoring this and asking for a Embassy letter and saying no letter no extension

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

I'm aware of the tick box option however some offices seem to be ignoring this and asking for a Embassy letter and saying no letter no extension

Assuming you're from the UK or US, you could show them the notification on the embassy website;

UK:

COVID-19 Visa Extension Applications After 26th September

The British Embassy stopped accepting applications for visa extension letters on 26th September 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#announcement

US:

Update 10/13/2020: According to verbal communication from the Royal Thai Government’s Immigration Bureau, non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay. We have been told that there will be a charge for this. Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions. For more information about applying for Thai visa extensions, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact the Thai Immigration Bureau.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

14 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Assuming you're from the UK or US, you could show them the notification on the embassy website;

UK:

COVID-19 Visa Extension Applications After 26th September

The British Embassy stopped accepting applications for visa extension letters on 26th September 2020.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#announcement

US:

Update 10/13/2020: According to verbal communication from the Royal Thai Government’s Immigration Bureau, non-Thai nationals can visit any Thai Immigration office to request a 60-day extension of stay. We have been told that there will be a charge for this. Thai Immigration will not require a letter from the Embassy as part of the extension request, so the U.S. Embassy and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide letters of support for Thai visa extensions. For more information about applying for Thai visa extensions, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact the Thai Immigration Bureau.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/

Thanks but as I said above I will be taking this anyway

A Official Thai Immigration statement written on their website stating that no letter is needed would be very helpful however it seems none is available?

Without this Immigration offices are pretty much free to decide by themselves if one is needed

51 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Without this Immigration offices are pretty much free to decide by themselves if one is needed

Exactly.

Given the current inconsistencies I would consider using an agent to do report. 

That is permissible.

Thinking using agent that can deal will MTT best option.

In another thread  CM also being difficult.

Fact is MANY embassies not providing letters.

13 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

The woman who does the 60 day extension for family at Jomtien is what Elvis called a 

'wretched, spiteful,straight-razor totin' woman, Lord have mercy' . I wonder if going for the tourist extension instead as you say is possible or do you need to go straight to the dreaded counter 7 if you already have a family extension.

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

The woman who does the 60 day extension for family at Jomtien is what Elvis called a 

'wretched, spiteful,straight-razor totin' woman, Lord have mercy' . I wonder if going for the tourist extension instead as you say is possible or do you need to go straight to the dreaded counter 7 if you already have a family extension.

Did you get your 60 days extension ?

They really do not offer a second one at Pattaya ?

16 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

I found this one but not high quality to print ?

affidavit.jpg

1 minute ago, SePl said:

I found this one but not high quality to print ?

And it is only page one of the form. The 2nd page apparently is where it is signed.

I have not seen a copy of one yet that is good enough to use and give to immigration.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

And it is only page one of the form. The 2nd page apparently is where it is signed.

I have not seen a copy of one yet that is good enough to use and give to immigration.

Perhaps not good enough to hand in to IO, but here's the second page. There are some other pics of the form available on the other thread; https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1185992-60-day-extensions/

IMG_0349.jpg

5 hours ago, SePl said:

Did you get your 60 days extension ?

They really do not offer a second one at Pattaya ?

Some offices were extending them to December 31st. I went there to try and get my stamp changed but she refused. In reality people who went and paid for their extensions before the 26th September paid while  those who just ignored it and did nothing  can get 60 days till new years for the same price. They were meant to all start on the 1st Oct but she dated them from application so back next week for more. I don't think can get another family extension. Hopefully a covid one possible.

On 11/13/2020 at 6:46 PM, Wongkitlo said:

Some offices were extending them to December 31st. I went there to try and get my stamp changed but she refused. In reality people who went and paid for their extensions before the 26th September paid while  those who just ignored it and did nothing  can get 60 days till new years for the same price. They were meant to all start on the 1st Oct but she dated them from application so back next week for more. I don't think can get another family extension. Hopefully a covid one possible.

Yes many places extend only 1 month.

Archived