New M1 macbook pro. When will it be available in Thailand?

bbabythai

On 11/22/2020 at 5:55 PM, 4737 Carlin said:

For anyone waiting to buy an M1 mac - when they do become available DO NOT BUY FROM RESELLERS STUDIO 7/iSTUDIO.

They don't honour Apple's warranty so their receipt is basically worthless. You may as well buy from one of the cheap IT malls where most everything is a counterfeit product. They try to look like a legit outfit as if they're somehow affiliated with Apple - they're not. Only order from the official Apple store. There is no saving to be made buying from the iStudio cowboys anyway - just a big headache if something goes wrong.

I must disagree, I had a warranty claim with Apple last year and the Krabi branch of studio 7 could not have been more helpful, they sent the iMac to Bangkok three times and always kept me informed. I bought an iPhone which went faulty eleven months after purchase and again a prompt replacement, they provide a pretty good service in this area.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:05 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

Mac Pro isn’t new and doesn’t have the M1 chips they start at 190,000 and go up to over 2,000,000 with a monitor and other best bits

the MacBook Pro does have the M2, is available now and leaves all intel chips standing.

Yeah sorry, I meant Macbook Pro 13 inch. It has an M1 chip and seems pretty amazing. 

On 11/23/2020 at 10:25 PM, PJPom said:

I must disagree, I had a warranty claim with Apple last year and the Krabi branch of studio 7 could not have been more helpful, they sent the iMac to Bangkok three times and always kept me informed. I bought an iPhone which went faulty eleven months after purchase and again a prompt replacement, they provide a pretty good service in this area.

Ok. It must be just be my local Studio 7 who are crooks. They lied about the warranty when I bought the computer. When it faiiled after nine days they lied again. When I called Apple they were not happy - it reflects badly on their reputation. Apple spoke to the store manager - he lied to them too. Anyway, back on topic - I just ordered the M1 Mac Mini 16GB directly from Apple - should be with me mid-December.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im writing this to help other users of the M1 laptop MacBook Pro. I could not print using my old printer. I ended up buying a new HP smart tank 615 and downloading the HP smart app on both my phone and laptop. Now I can print wirelessly from both devices. 

I found out that I couldn't download the drivers for my old printer. It would not work on the M1. 

cheers

• 1 month later...

Just as a record for someone looking next time there's a new model:  M1 Macs started showing up in early January on the Apple.co.th site.  They said they were available immediately at the Apple Store but that supply must have vanished quickly as it turned to 3-5 days delivery.

I used the Apple ED store to buy one.  Got a nice discount.  I do some teaching, but as I don't have any credentials, I shipped it to my friend's school where he is a teacher.  So if you are a student or teacher, this is an option.

They claim they may ask for verification but since I shipped to a school I think that was all they needed.  

The lead time was 4 weeks.  I went for the English keyboard instead of the more cool looking English/Thai hybrid, mostly to preserve resale value since when I sell it it most likely won't be here.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, bbabythai said:

For anyone reading this thread I highly do NOT recommend buying this new model mac. A few bugs are occurring. Dont buy the M1

I would say that nobody should buy anything before Wednesday this week or after the Apple event at least.

Your recommendation is badly flawed as you don’t say anything about the problems you are having, they could be unique to your machine or the SW you are running or they could be systemic.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:10 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

I would say that nobody should buy anything before Wednesday this week or after the Apple event at least.

Your recommendation is badly flawed as you don’t say anything about the problems you are having, they could be unique to your machine or the SW you are running or they could be systemic.

Did you see what you were hoping for last night?

Although it was doubtful, I was hoping, hoping, hoping for a larger (27”) iMac replacement, my old MBP is unsupported now, and struggles along and I’m dire need of a new work machine.

I think I have made my mind up to splash out on a base M1 mini to test the water, at least I can use use my mxmaster mouse and mechanical keyboard.

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

Did you see what you were hoping for last night?

Absolutely, almost, I’m waiting to replace my iPad Air 2. I’ve been saving and can easily afford any iPad Pro, the almost, is that I’m not going to be able to wait for the 11” to get a micro LED display and the larger  12.9” is probably a bit too big.

So I need to see them in person before ordering.

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Absolutely, almost, I’m waiting to replace my iPad Air 2. I’ve been saving and can easily afford any iPad Pro, the almost, is that I’m not going to be able to wait for the 11” to get a micro LED display and the larger  12.9” is probably a bit too big.

So I need to see them in person before ordering.

Yup, there is always an almost .. 

On 4/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

So @bbabythaiwhat are the bugs?

1. Sometimes the screen goes black and have to reboot holding down the power button. 

2. Sometimes the arrow on the mouse freezes. Same fix as above. 

3. Sometimes the screen goes kind of dark and have to go to preferences to make it bright again

4. Its not robust. I didnt drop it or anything. I was just carrying it upstairs and corner of the screen broke. Now have black lines. Have to replace the screen. 

Also, none of the normal printers are compatiable. I had to buy a HP smart tank that has bluetooth connectivity. 

Its all a bit annoying. Should have bought the older macbook pro rather than experiment with this pile of <deleted>. 

14 hours ago, bbabythai said:

1. Sometimes the screen goes black and have to reboot holding down the power button. 

2. Sometimes the arrow on the mouse freezes. Same fix as above. 

3. Sometimes the screen goes kind of dark and have to go to preferences to make it bright again

4. Its not robust. I didnt drop it or anything. I was just carrying it upstairs and corner of the screen broke. Now have black lines. Have to replace the screen. 

Also, none of the normal printers are compatiable. I had to buy a HP smart tank that has bluetooth connectivity. 

Its all a bit annoying. Should have bought the older macbook pro rather than experiment with this pile of <deleted>. 

Call Apple it’s under warranty and probably your machine has a hardware fault, none of that is normal or reported for that Mac 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, DTL2014 said:

ive just ordered MBP 16inch and there was no option for M1 chip only 2 intel I9's.. M1 only on 13 inch pro and air

Yes correct. The MBP haven’t had the M1 or M”x” released yet.

FWIW The NEW MBPs are predicted to be announced at WWDC that starts on June the 7th. 

@DTL2014 So unless you have an extremely urgent need and if it’s possible to cancel your order I would do so. As even if everyone’s predictions are wrong you only have a few days delay. 

• Thanks 1