Public urged to watch COVID-19 symptoms in winter

snoop1130

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Guess we will now be placed into isolation for having the winter cold or the Flu.  Maybe even need to have a 200K USD Influenza policy added to the Covid Policy. 

As I've said before, Covid sweeps could be a reality soon. If you've foolishly allowed your visit to a mall or other business to be recorded in some database, you just might be swept up for quarantine (at your cost) in a Thai hospital whose rates for foreigners just went up. 

• Like 1

Its only the flu and most people that fall seriously ill and die are elderly or those with pre existing conditions that are on the whole caused by poor lifestyle choices.......

Protect the elderly and let the rest of us get on with life. Let the others take responsibility for their poor life choices.

Testing is a waste of time as it finds most people that have it are not ill!

2 hours ago, polpott said:

The government tried that when quarantine first came in. Most people in quarantine dissappeared which is why state quarantine was brought in. The UK are doing the same with similar results except that in Thailand there now is no Covid whereas its raging in the UK with full lockdown again in place. Is that what you want for Thailand?

I  can promise you that the virus is not raging in the UK, despite your comment. There are far less cases of the SARS-CoV-2 virus than a normal flu. As for the full lockdown, the only perceivable thing different from a normal day is that pubs and restaurants are closed for in house services. The majority of shops and malls are open and there are large numbers of people shopping on a daily basis with more at the weekends. There are loads of cars, vans and lorries on the roads. However, there seems to have been a lot of cummings and goings yesterday.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Oldie said:

I see more and more people coughing. And then I ask myself if it is Covid that these people have. I think there are complicated times ahead to avoid the spread of Covid. 

We don't do CV here , we don't have it , so we have zero need to test ,none with flu symptoms here is tested , they have a COLD .

Had the rest of the world followed the same criteria , the world would be a freer place .

But don't kid yourself , Thais have great immune in general , that's by far your best protection .

27 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

I  can promise you that the virus is not raging in the UK, despite your comment. There are far less cases of the SARS-CoV-2 virus than a normal flu. As for the full lockdown, the only perceivable thing different from a normal day is that pubs and restaurants are closed for in house services. The majority of shops and malls are open and there are large numbers of people shopping on a daily basis with more at the weekends. There are loads of cars, vans and lorries on the roads. However, there seems to have been a lot of cummings and goings yesterday.

My daughter and son in law are both front line workers in a hospital in the UK. Both had Covid in October. The hospital is close to capacity.

My mate is in lockdown and can do nothing, can't even go for a ride on his bike.

Maybe you should look at the stats too. Daily cases are through the roof, higher than its ever been.

is this a general spokesperson for the world? or just for thailand. if its thai this is a joke surely?   most parts of   thailand the winter is still hotter than most European countries summers. this only applies in places that have  cold winters,so its irrelevant to thailand. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, polpott said:

My daughter and son in law are both front line workers in a hospital in the UK. Both had Covid in October. The hospital is close to capacity.

My mate is in lockdown and can do nothing, can't even go for a ride on his bike.

Maybe you should look at the stats too. Daily cases are through the roof, higher than its ever been.

@polpotti can see the stats. maybe you should go back to school and sit maths if you think that is raging

12 minutes ago, polpott said:

Chart tracking daily cases and seven-day average

You don't have to be a mathematician to see that its raging.

do you think only 25,000 people live in the uk then?  66million live in the uk so 25k is minuscule. get a grip on reality and get some perspective. you're just another tin foil hat wearing lockdown junkie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paulikens said:

do you think only 25,000 people live in the uk then?  66million live in the uk so 25k is minuscule. get a grip on reality and get some perspective. you're just another tin foil hat wearing lockdown junkie.

Thats per day. So my Senior Nursing Sister daughter and her doctor husband, who have both recently had Covid, are tin foil hat wearing lockdown junkies are they?

I'm afraid its you that's the tinfoil hat wearing covid denier.

8 hours ago, Guderian said:

The best way of checking if you have C19 without actual testing (which seems to be as exotic as the fabled white elephant in Thailand) is to keep an eye on your blood oxygen level using an oximeter. Readily available on Lazada and not expensive, if you see your oxygen level drop below 95% it's likely you have C19 and you should go to a hospital. If you've got a cough and the usual cold or flu symptoms, but your blood oxygen saturation stays up above 95%, then it probably is just a cold or flu. It's not foolproof, but then neither are the tests, however it's a lot better than just praying.

Cannot possibly be better than praying or walking round the Temple 9 times.  555.    777

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

With only mild symptoms self quarantine would be enough I think no need to fill up the Hospitals.

You could be asymptomatic ie you do not show ANY signs of the illness, but you can still pass it onto someone else if you cough or spray them. SO, wear a f...ing mask.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You could be asymptomatic ie you do not show ANY signs of the illness, but you can still pass it onto someone else if you cough or spray them. SO, wear a f...ing mask.

Thaiwrath has put a SAD emoticon on this post. Please would you explain why. Thanks.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, polpott said:

The government tried that when quarantine first came in. Most people in quarantine dissappeared which is why state quarantine was brought in. The UK are doing the same with similar results except that in Thailand there now is no Covid whereas its raging in the UK with full lockdown again in place. Is that what you want for Thailand?

Raging in uk lol utter rubbish I don’t no anybody who has had it , Also I know plenty that didn’t go for testing yet got result through the post to say they have tested positives . So much lies going around about this covid 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, flago007 said:

Raging in uk lol utter rubbish I don’t no anybody who has had it , Also I know plenty that didn’t go for testing yet got result through the post to say they have tested positives . So much lies going around about this covid 

Two people who drank in my local have died from it. My daughter and son in law both had it last month and the hospital they work in is full. These aren't lies.

Johnson has just ordered a lockdown for a month which was the last thing he wanted to do. Why do you think he did that? For a laugh?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, polpott said:

Thats per day. So my Senior Nursing Sister daughter and her doctor husband, who have both recently had Covid, are tin foil hat wearing lockdown junkies are they?

I'm afraid its you that's the tinfoil hat wearing covid denier.

Don't think i ever said there was no covid or cant you read as well as add?

6 hours ago, flago007 said:

@flago007 dont bother with this poster. he will just claim he knows people who work on the front line and knows people who have had covid to win his argument. cuz he knows you cant disprove these claims always the same with lockdown junkies. when presented with the facts. they wheel out the 'i know someone who has covid, i know someone who works in the NHS'  chestnut. ????

Paulikens, if you have not had any friends, relatives, or people that you know, die of this

Covid virus, consider yourself a very lucky person.  I have has some of my friends and even

a couple of my relatives die of this virus.  None of them were wanting to die from it but did anyway.

If the UK has 66 million people, but one of those people was someone you know that died, the

number becomes moot. or not important as some one that you cared about has died.

So paulikens if you are just being insensitive well, nothing we can do to help your situation.

Geezer

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

The best way of checking if you have C19 without actual testing (which seems to be as exotic as the fabled white elephant in Thailand) is to keep an eye on your blood oxygen level using an oximeter. Readily available on Lazada and not expensive, if you see your oxygen level drop below 95% it's likely you have C19 and you should go to a hospital. If you've got a cough and the usual cold or flu symptoms, but your blood oxygen saturation stays up above 95%, then it probably is just a cold or flu. It's not foolproof, but then neither are the tests, however it's a lot better than just praying.

What a load of <deleted>!  If you have copd; your  02 will be less anyway. Also those 02 meters are not that a

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

ccurate. Learn about the things you type about before stating <deleted>.

14 hours ago, polpott said:

Chart tracking daily cases and seven-day average

You don't have to be a mathematician to see that its raging.

Total cases 1,344,356 In UK Total pop 68,000,000 so less than 2% of the population have been infected so not really raging and pretty low compared to normal flu infection rates.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, polpott said:

"The hospital is close to capacity". I don't doubt that. Covid is certainly placing a heavy burden on the NHS. However the truth of the matter is that the NHS is almost always at capacity, especially during the winter. That's an uncomfortable fact for government hence the PR spin suggesting that it's only because of Covid that resources are now stretched thin.  

In 2018/19, overnight general and acute bed occupancy averaged 90.2 per cent, and regularly exceeded 95 per cent in winter.

The total number of NHS hospital beds in England has more than halved over the past 30 years, from around 299,000 in 1987/88 to 141,000 in 2018/9, while the number of patients treated has increased significantly.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/nhs-hospital-bed-numbers

• Like 1