Which soi do you drink on?

17 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Dont think many here on this thread realise there is a "Sukumvit" in probably every major town in Thailand.

Do tell? I'm only aware of the one that runs from Bangkok to the Cambodian border, and have never seen or heard of any other "Sukhumvit Road" on any map or in any town outside of the Eastern Seaboard.

39 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Dont think many here on this thread realise there is a "Sukumvit" in probably every major town in Thailand.

But is Soi 22 a known drinking spot in anywhere other than Bangkok? Just as maybe there is only one "Walking Street"? The One in Pattaya? If there is a walking street in Hua Hin is it named as such? 

I know there is more than one Soi 6 on Sukhumvit (BKK). At least one is in Samut Prakan. But no one looking for anything other than the Martime Training Centre would go there.

Even the Thais are not confused. In Pattaya they add the suffix Pattaya. So in Pattaya it would be Sukhumvit-Pattaya Soi 22. 

In Rayong if it existed it would be Sukhumvit-Nakornrayong 22.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I assume he's talking about BKK. I'm on 33/1. Robin Hood, O'Shea's, and Royal Oak. Also Buddy's on 89 is always a good time.

I used to go to 22 back when Queen's Park was there. Just a few months ago it was leveled. Ah, the end of an era. Rumours Bar out in front of it was fun. They had a stunning ladyboy manager who my wife actually met, and thought was wonderful.

IMG_20201213_123555.jpg

A vote from me too...good selection of drinks at  the 'Hood', great food at the 'Oak' , really friendly bar staff and ok prices up to 7 PM. About as near to  home country (UK) atmosphere as you can get out here I would say.

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I assume he's talking about BKK. I'm on 33/1. Robin Hood, O'Shea's, and Royal Oak. Also Buddy's on 89 is always a good time.

I used to go to 22 back when Queen's Park was there. Just a few months ago it was leveled. Ah, the end of an era. Rumours Bar out in front of it was fun. They had a stunning ladyboy manager who my wife actually met, and thought was wonderful.

IMG_20201213_123555.jpg

The wait staff at Robin Hood and O’Shea’s are always good and friendly.  I also go 5o Buddy’s but I usually stop in at the Soi 22 location for a bowl of chili.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, khunjeff said:

Do tell? I'm only aware of the one that runs from Bangkok to the Cambodian border, and have never seen or heard of any other "Sukhumvit Road" on any map or in any town outside of the Eastern Seaboard.

Jeff, pls bring yourself up to speed, there is a Sukhumvit in Pattaya, and I'm sure in many other cities in Thailand...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Jeff, pls bring yourself up to speed, there is a Sukhumvit in Pattaya, and I'm sure in many other cities in Thailand...

Pattaya is on the Eastern Seaboard, which is exactly where I said Sukhumvit runs. Those "other cities in Thailand" where it also runs (Chonburi, Sri Racha, Sattahip, Rayong, Chantaburi, Trat, etc.) are again all on the Eastern Seaboard, on that very same Sukhumvit Road. I'm not aware of any other Sukhumvit Road in any other part of the country, but would love to be brought up to speed if they do indeed exist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaLa said:

the 'Hood', great food at the 'Oak' , really friendly bar staff and ok prices up to 7 PM. About as near to  home country (UK) atmosphere as you can get out here I would say.

The until 12 breakfast is OK. The "atmosphere you can keep.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, statman78 said:

The wait staff at Robin Hood and O’Shea’s are always good and friendly.  I also go 5o Buddy’s but I usually stop in at the Soi 22 location for a bowl of chili.

From Buddy's on Soi 22 , walk 50 metres down the sub soi and you find Too Easy bar , very friendly , largely expat bar.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

But is Soi 22 a known drinking spot in anywhere other than Bangkok? Just as maybe there is only one "Walking Street"? The One in Pattaya? If there is a walking street in Hua Hin is it named as such? 

I know there is more than one Soi 6 on Sukhumvit (BKK). At least one is in Samut Prakan. But no one looking for anything other than the Martime Training Centre would go there.

Even the Thais are not confused. In Pattaya they add the suffix Pattaya. So in Pattaya it would be Sukhumvit-Pattaya Soi 22. 

In Rayong if it existed it would be Sukhumvit-Nakornrayong 22.

There are some good cocktail bars in Soi Nana, as long as you go to the Soi Nana in China Town and not the Soi  Nana at Sukhumvit Soi 4. 

And by good cocktail bars I mean places where a cocktail is made by a real mixologist and costs around 500 baht.  

21 hours ago, statman78 said:

To relax I stop at some of the places on Sukhumvit soi 33/1.  I also go down to Soi 7 where many some of the bars from Queen’s Park Plaza on soi 22 relocated earlier this year.  If. Just want to have a few beers and watch the world go by I sit at Lek’s Last Stand on Sukhumvit Road between soi 11 and 13.

Lek's Last Stand??

2 minutes ago, statman78 said:

It's on Sukhumvit Road between Soi 11 and 13.  Reasonably priced beer.  It's a good place to sit and watch people go by.

I was just curious because I walk past that way regularly when I am in Bangkok and never noticed or even heard of it.