Marriage visa extension

Hello all, 

two things: 

1. My marriage visa runs out Jan 11th, I forget if it's possible to extend on say the 10th for another 90 days??? 

2. Do I have to show exactly what I showed last year to obtain the visa, e.g. 400,000 in a Thai bank account for 3 months? 

(My immigration is Pathum Thani, I'm coming to the end of my 2nd year on a marriage visa,)

Kind regards, 

Joe 

1. You can only apply for a one year extension of stay. There is no 90 day extension.

You could apply for the extension on the 10th if you wanted to.

2. The 400k baht only has be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension.

No changes unless your local offices has something new they want.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You can only apply for a one year extension of stay. There is no 90 day extension.

You could apply for the extension on the 10th if you wanted to.

2. The 400k baht only has be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension.

No changes unless your local offices has something new they want.

Considering my visa runs out on January 11th, and the soonest I can have the funds in my account is realistically this Friday 17th. Which means I am roughly a week short of the requirements. 

Are there any other avenues to take? or am I screwed? 

3 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

Are there any other avenues to take? or am I screwed? 

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have never applied for one since your last entry into the country with a visa and apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have never applied for one since your last entry into the country with a visa and apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of it.

Thank you, that seems like a sensible option. 

I don’t think I have ever got a 60 day extension, unless unintentionally somehow. I just do the regular 90 day reporting (minus covid allowances). 

1. Is there any difference getting a marriage extension on a 60 day extension. i.e. applying on an extension rather than on the actual non-0?

2. Can I just go to the immigration on say Dec 15th, and ask for a 60 day extension, or are there requirements and lots of forms etc.? i.e. what is the process?

Thank you SO much, 

Joe 

1 minute ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

1. Is there any difference getting a marriage extension on a 60 day extension. i.e. applying on an extension rather than on the actual non-0?

There is no difference since you will be extending your original 90 day entry from non-o visa.

2 minutes ago, Joejoejoejoe said:

2. Can I just go to the immigration on say Dec 15th, and ask for a 60 day extension, or are there requirements and lots of forms etc.? i.e. what is the process?

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply.

Your marriage certificate and a copy of it and possibley a recent print out of your Kor Ror 2 marriage from an Amphoe.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You will need a completed a TM7 form. And the normal copies of your passport pages and TM6 card.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no difference since you will be extending your original 90 day entry from non-o visa.

Your wife will need to be with you when you apply.

Your marriage certificate and a copy of it and possibley a recent print out of your Kor Ror 2 marriage from an Amphoe.

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You will need a completed a TM7 form. And the normal copies of your passport pages and TM6 card.

Thank you!