Landlords obligations and tenants consequences with Thai immigration.

haguel

Good day all,

After visiting immigration for the first time my Landlord wants me to leave the house end of December 2020.

So I am changing my address   where I am signing  a new rental contract.

My rental contract is unlimited and I don't want to go to court.....now  the landlord wants me to stay for six more months but i have to pay him more money !!

My extention of stay expires only end of July 2021.

I have a non O based on child support.

What is needed at immigration for the move. TM 30 TM28 what else ..

Thank you

Stay in good health

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

It's terrible that you must negotiate with the landlords to do your immigration paperwork. All landlords in Thailand should know about this by now when renting to foreigners. It's just the cost of doing business. Same as if they'd have to come repair a water leak, or replace a broken appliance.

If they don't like it, they could simply say "no farangs" up front, saving both you and them the trouble. Then they can watch their potential client base shrink, and their units join the pile of the many vacancies, as they try to find a good Thai tenant.

If your Thai isn't up to snuff, have your Thai companion make it clear to them they must be cooperative with your paperwork if you are to rent from them. My wife did an excellent job.

The TM28 is only one concern. You'll likely also need their house book, and copy of their ID card, both signed. If there's some issue with their house book, have them be prepared to provide a copy of the deed as well. Then finally, also have them prepared to change the names on the contract. The owner and landlord are often two different people, and they may want either or both names on there, depending on the whims of the IO. Yeah, it's totally ridiculous. But that's what we had to go through to get my Covid extension.

• Like 1

TM.28 is done by the foreigner to notify Immigration of change of address.

TM.30 is supposed to be done by landlord to notify Immigration they have a foreigner living at the property -- if the landlord will not do it, Immigration at Jomtien (Pattaya) may accept the foreigner filing the form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soisanuk said:

TM.28 is done by the foreigner to notify Immigration of change of address.

TM.30 is supposed to be done by landlord to notify Immigration they have a foreigner living at the property -- if the landlord will not do it, Immigration at Jomtien (Pattaya) may accept the foreigner filing the form.

Is it the housemaster ? the person who is responsible for the house or the responsible person on the lease.

I paid a fine for non reporting when they first cracked down on it, according to immigration, my wife was just as responsible as the landlord.
My landlord does squat, he won’t even supply a spare copy of his ID card for my yearly extension. He says my visa is nothing to do with him, which is fair enough, it’s the immigration service that thinks that the world revolves around them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

It's terrible that you must negotiate with the landlords to do your immigration paperwork. All landlords in Thailand should know about this by now when renting to foreigners. It's just the cost of doing business. Same as if they'd have to come repair a water leak, or replace a broken appliance.

If they don't like it, they could simply say "no farangs" up front, saving both you and them the trouble. Then they can watch their potential client base shrink, and their units join the pile of the many vacancies, as they try to find a good Thai tenant.

If your Thai isn't up to snuff, have your Thai companion make it clear to them they must be cooperative with your paperwork if you are to rent from them. My wife did an excellent job.

The TM28 is only one concern. You'll likely also need their house book, and copy of their ID card, both signed. If there's some issue with their house book, have them be prepared to provide a copy of the deed as well. Then finally, also have them prepared to change the names on the contract. The owner and landlord are often two different people, and they may want either or both names on there, depending on the whims of the IO. Yeah, it's totally ridiculous. But that's what we had to go through to get my Covid extension.

yes it's terrible to have to rent in Thailand when it's so cheap to buy !

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I have now sole custody of a 9 years old child.it took me 4 years of fight, now just need to go home as soon as the pandemic situation improves and new vaccins will be soon authorized.

I posted in 2015 about my long story.

I found a resort renting 2 rooms condos with contract.

They process the TM28 like hotels..should be fine with less hassle.

May be I will not need the extention of stay in the kingdom in July 2021.

Thanks for help.

• Haha 1