THAI jets home hundreds of Thais from abroad

webfact

A Thai Embassy DC woman told me a few weeks ago that they've processed over 500 Thais repatriating, just from their office.  Thais pay for their flight back, but don't pay for government quarantine.  Many have had to apply for a Certificate of Identity to reenter as their passports were expired.  $80 for the CI, $25 for postage, and reasonable costs to fly back from the US.

On 11/19/2020 at 12:15 PM, stretch5163 said:

Its Great that they are doing this but why are these people or have these people waited so long to decide they need repatriation. I mean this pandemic has only been going on from March.....lol now it November and they suddenly decide its time to go.

Oz will still be repatriating into next march , you can only take so many , otherwise the overload factor kicks in.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:35 AM, ThailandRyan said:

tested on arrival like all others

Non-Thais are not tested on arrival (as they have undergone a test before flying). The first ASQ Cvid test is on day5 if symptom free.

On 11/19/2020 at 1:16 PM, ThailandRyan said:

@Susco http://www.mekongmigration.org/?p=8975

The Government is paying for those that go to the Government quarantine facility and the Thai's wishing to go to an ASQ and get better accommodations are paying for their own ASQ.

Maybe in the last few weeks it has changed, but I have seen nothing of the sort.  Two of the Thai restaurant owners I know from the US have just returned and, repatriated their funds from abroad, but chose to stay in State quarantine which they did not pay for.  They did pay for their flights but they flew in on Singapore Air and that was during the last two weeks of October.  We just had dinner last week at one of their restaurant's here in Bangkok on the river near Icon Siam. They pretty much have closed up the US shops they had as the restrictions in California were just to much and they were doing delivery service instead and paying big amounts for rents, so they closed and returned here.   

I have a Thai friend who paid for everything herself from America she should be out of ASQ this weekend she didn't want to stay in the government place, Im not sure if she came on her American passport or Thai one, she will eventually go back to America

Edited by ChipButty

On 11/19/2020 at 4:15 AM, stretch5163 said:

Its Great that they are doing this but why are these people or have these people waited so long to decide they need repatriation. I mean this pandemic has only been going on from March.....lol now it November and they suddenly decide its time to go.

I suspect for many it's not actually a permanent "repatriation" but part of their annual life or coming back for family reasons.

2 hours ago, chainarong said:

Oz will still be repatriating into next march , you can only take so many , otherwise the overload factor kicks in.

I suspect the passenger numbers are small per flight to achieve social distancing, which is good,.

The numbers testing positive on arrival in Bkk is quite high.

Just now, scorecard said:

I suspect the passenger numbers are small per flight to achieve social distancing, which is good,.

The numbers testing positive on arrival in Bkk is quite high.

Moving forward, news today of 2, maybe 3 vaccines in final CDC approval process, media says dedicated CDC meeting on this is 10 Dec.

If approved first 2 developers say they can dispatch large volumes of serum within 7 days.

Next, hopefully soon, we will have discussions/decisions/polices for Thailand/all countries for flying for those who have had the 2 injections...

Hopefully that will mean large numbers of international flights will recommence quickly. 

3 hours ago, chainarong said:

News from Oz Embassy today that flights into Melbourne begin Dec 7, Thai will fly there.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:59 AM, dcsw53 said:

Good news for them, but they are not going to solve the economic crisis here. When are we going going to get travel bubbles with "safe" countries ?

Obviously will happen when a working vaccine is available,that is why most countries keep delaying any regular international travel