How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during covid?

scubascuba3

39 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Seems to me " digital support " was more of a thing during covid, with virtual bell ringing via livestreams supporting the traditional model of lady drinks from customers who weren't even in the country. Says a lot about customer loyalty/(gullability)  and their willingness to part with cash for nothing in return. 

I found that strange as well, but then thought to myself, their mind set may have been they were donating to keep the bars open, otherwise they may have thought there would be nothing left in Pattaya to come back to.

I am more talking about Thai girls going freelance on the apps, being well supported by customers here.  This was obviously boosted by covid, but was also happening pre covid. 

Once again, I am not suggesting the traditional bar business model of lady drinks and bar fines will disappear, there will always be a place for it here. 

What I am suggesting is, online will take away a percentage of the traditional bar business model, and due to high rents, and thin margins for bar owners, the prices of these will have to rise, possibly causing a spiral down, unless Thai landlords recognize the business model that their tenants have relied upon for decades has been digitally disrupted and adjust rents accordingly.  

Interesting times ahead, post covid.

47 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I found that strange as well, but then thought to myself, their mind set may have been they were donating to keep the bars open, otherwise they may have thought there would be nothing left in Pattaya to come back to.

So they're "tech-savvy" enough to ring the bell, and tip the girls online, but NOT enough to use the (apparently) high-tech apps you use. Interesting.  

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So they're "tech-savvy" enough to ring the bell, and tip the girls online, but NOT enough to use the (apparently) high-tech apps you use. Interesting.  

Huh?

I'm sure they can use both. 

What's your point?

Edited by Leaver

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yeah, it was.  You basically said, if Thai landlords refuse to make a market correction on rents, due to digital disruption of the traditional bar business model, then it's over for bars. 

And you're basically lying.

Corrupt and greedy people aren't necessarily stupid.

But corrupt and greedy people that lose otherwise good tenants without an alternative plan are, yes? 

Maybe they will sit on vacant commercial premises as well.  I have no idea why, maybe it's a face thing.

I generally don't see a lot of good commercial properties in good locations (that are not for sale) vacant for long, do you? I see renovations all over.

I'm pretty confident they will not, until it's obvious to them that if there is no market correction, their land is near worthless. 

Someone should tell Central Festival and the Hilton that given the high price of bar-fines and lady-drinks their properties will soon be worthless. 

Is it really your position that if the sex trade is driven out the properties will be worthless? I would bet it will go up. 

I been in a fair number of bars, and I do not see many that can be very profitable.

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

Seems to me " digital support " was more of a thing during covid, with virtual bell ringing via livestreams supporting the traditional model of lady drinks from customers who weren't even in the country. Says a lot about customer loyalty/(gullability)  and their willingness to part with cash for nothing in return. 

There seems to be no end of men who will give baht to Thai ladies for nothing.

I know one lady who is getting 200,000 baht to fix her house from a customer. I wouldn’t do her if she were naked right next to me (I know from experience), but he is throwing money at her.

Go figure.

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And you're basically lying.

How so? 

You said bars that can't pay their rent will close.  Did you not?

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

But corrupt and greedy people that lose otherwise good tenants without an alternative plan are, yes? 

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many, yes, but Thai face may be difficult to overcome, and possibly their knowledge of what percentage of lady drinks and bar fines went to paying their rent every month.

What Thai landlord will listen to a farang bar owner tell them that their property is no longer worth the rent he is charging, and therefore their property has decreased in value?  

22 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I generally don't see a lot of good commercial properties in good locations (that are not for sale) vacant for long, do you? I see renovations all over.

What's your definition of "good commercial properties in good locations?"

There are busy businesses with high rents that have less profits than quieter businesses with lower rents.  

27 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Someone should tell Central Festival and the Hilton that given the high price of bar-fines and lady-drinks their properties will soon be worthless. 

I am talking about small businesses, not the Hilton and Central.  Sex tourists, who either pay bar fines, or find freelancers online, will always need accommodation. 

30 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

s it really your position that if the sex trade is driven out the properties will be worthless? I would bet it will go up.

I have never suggested the sex trade will be driven out.  I have suggested, and it was already happening pre covid, which was boosted during covid, that a percentage of the sex trade had moved online, and in my opinion, will continue to gain in popularity, thus, impacting profits, and possibly effecting the ability of bar owners to meet their expanses, namely, rent. 

How will the value of rents / purchases prices of properties here gain in value, when tenants can't even afford the rent, should rents not be corrected due to digital disruption?  

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I been in a fair number of bars, and I do not see many that can be very profitable.

As I have said, their margins are thin, lose X amount of percent to online freelancers and it could tip many over the edge, unless their Thai landlord is willing to share the consequences of digital disruption.  You think they will, I think they won't, until a big percentage of bars are closed, then, maybe, they will see the bigger picture.  

46 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I know one lady who is getting 200,000 baht to fix her house from a customer. I wouldn’t do her if she were naked right next to me (I know from experience), but he is throwing money at her.

Go figure.

Interesting point.

There would be guys that went online during covid that have struck up online relationships with a Thai girl/s, some just for sex, some romantically.

When they eventually get back here, they will be with that girl/s, where as, before, they would have bought lady drinks and paid bar fines. 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Go figure.

Horses for courses ????

More bickering and excessive multi quotes have been removed, this coming right after my previous notice above to quit it, so a warning and suspension is on its way.

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I was never in it for the sex.

I liked the teasing, flirting and romance.

Messaging a woman in an app/online, then meeting her for the first time and being naked minutes later just doesn't do much for me. I'd prefer the bar 'chat' experience and forget the bar fine and sex.

We used to be, we simply aged!

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 2:37 AM, TaaSaparot said:

279426848_2156204411198556_8279899022281518932_n.thumb.jpg.e417af87e3a3bd7b4ff775ec6c569385.jpg

What does he sell ?

Still the overpriced gym machines ? This guy really has no brain, those machines have been waiting in the dust and humidity for years...

Edited by vidgra

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I was never in it for the sex.

I liked the teasing, flirting and romance.

Messaging a woman in an app/online, then meeting her for the first time and being naked minutes later just doesn't do much for me. I'd prefer the bar 'chat' experience and forget the bar fine and sex.

I've never been one for walking into a bar on Soi 6, not even having a drink, picking a girl, and going upstairs. 

Likewise, I don't use the apps to have a girl come to my condo, and we jump straight into bed.

I'm not sure how many times I have to post this, but I always arrange to meet a girl from an app in a bar.  I have a drink, I buy her a drink, and things progress from there.

As I have said, what was going to be a short time with a girl from an app, on several occasions, turned into a long time, and a late night. 

There is the misconception out there that a girl online is only about straight to your bedroom, and nothing else.  

I liken it to internet dating, but with a guaranteed outcome, at the time you chose. 

• Like 1

The 2 Honey soapy massage places are getting ready to re-open: 1 on Soi Honey and 1 on 2nd Rd at the top of Soi 2. The latter of these was always popular with Indian tourists, many of whom are now back in the city.

• Like 1

Got to laugh at the Creamfields EDM Festival at Nong Nuch which has been advertised for the last month or so.

The day before it starts, they are reminded by the authorities that there is no alcohol, and everyone must be seated, with no dancing.

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Got to laugh at the Creamfields EDM Festival at Nong Nuch which has been advertised for the last month or so.

The day before it starts, they are reminded by the authorities that there is no alcohol, and everyone must be seated, with no dancing.

LOL

Really funny to see the dismay online, to this sight.

284916215_7776703359036662_5446304370722245458_n.jpg.da6c2669d3f2e0e0940b02cf906c6fe0.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

LOL

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Really funny to see the dismay online, to this sight.

Actually I think it's sad but not overly surprising.

The timing seemed overly ambitious when they first mentioned it and from the news article today it appears people have already asked for refunds.........

On 5/27/2022 at 1:34 PM, champers said:

The 2 Honey soapy massage places are getting ready to re-open: 1 on Soi Honey and 1 on 2nd Rd at the top of Soi 2. The latter of these was always popular with Indian tourists, many of whom are now back in the city.

the presence of pajeets in pattaya is a good bellweather for the city 

Hi guys ????

Can anyone of you give a quick update. You know some sort of summary of the 50+ pages you've been poppin' out since 2020 ????

Did Pattaya nightlife made it through COVID or is it FUBAR ?

Thanks !

PS: Patong is FUBAR. The shadow of its old self....