Air Asia Thailand

DonaldBattles

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes they do. Their terms and conditions are easily the best part of 2-pages of A4 but it is ALL in there.

When you buy a ticket they do not give you a copy of their terms and conditions. How are you supposed to know what their restrictions are. I decided to buy Air Asia for the first time as they were cheaper than Thai Smile. Now I know that cheaper could be more expensive.  I can't make the trip so I have to loose all that I paid unless I want to pay 50% more for change of date.  I classify Air Asia as a rip off. Enough for me for ever.

• Like 2

Did you book with a credit card? I booked to go the Tokyo Olympics and AirAsia gave me the runaround good and proper, clearly were NOT interested in refunding the cash when the Games were cancelled - they only offered to travel on a different date (no thanks) or to be redeemed in AirAsia points, which I read were a big con, so no thanks again

My mate said if I'd booked with a bank credit card the bank would secure the refund for me. I had! So In contacted the bank and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I got all my money back

9 minutes ago, pomozki said:

Did you book with a credit card? I booked to go the Tokyo Olympics and AirAsia gave me the runaround good and proper, clearly were NOT interested in refunding the cash when the Games were cancelled - they only offered to travel on a different date (no thanks) or to be redeemed in AirAsia points, which I read were a big con, so no thanks again

My mate said if I'd booked with a bank credit card the bank would secure the refund for me. I had! So In contacted the bank and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I got all my money back

I booked with AMEX so I will contact them. Thanks.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

When you buy a ticket they do not give you a copy of their terms and conditions. How are you supposed to know what their restrictions are. I decided to buy Air Asia for the first time as they were cheaper than Thai Smile. Now I know that cheaper could be more expensive.  I can't make the trip so I have to loose all that I paid unless I want to pay 50% more for change of date.  I classify Air Asia as a rip off. Enough for me for ever.

Assuming you bought the ticket online, the 3-to-5 page document includes the ticket, receipt and these terms and conditions; each and every ticket sold has this as part of the CONTRACT that you signed when you clicked "OK". You breached the contract.

Now, if you considered AirAsia solely on price over Thai Smile and was not aware that totally unlike Thai Smile, it is a Low-Cost Carrier serving point-to-point and does not offer the same freedoms for travel flexibility, then where on earth have you been for the last 26 years that AirAsia have been in business?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My August Air Asia return flight BKK to MLN was cancelled a few days prior to departure date, as expected. I contacted the online agents and eventually got a voucher and payment for the return leg. But nothing for the outward journey. Yet. Live in hope, die in hope.

Never mind . They won't be around for much longer. They're thieves. They use money for flights booked months in advance to meet their leasing, fuel and overhead costs for flights today. Money for flights booked in advance should be held in trust until the date of the flight. They also were charging ridiculous fees for credit & debit card transactions, depending on where the credit/ debit card was issued, and have been fined for the practice in Malaysia at least twice. 

Absolutely never any customer service. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2020 at 11:14 AM, NanLaew said:

Assuming you bought the ticket online, the 3-to-5 page document includes the ticket, receipt and these terms and conditions; each and every ticket sold has this as part of the CONTRACT that you signed when you clicked "OK". You breached the contract.

Now, if you considered AirAsia solely on price over Thai Smile and was not aware that totally unlike Thai Smile, it is a Low-Cost Carrier serving point-to-point and does not offer the same freedoms for travel flexibility, then where on earth have you been for the last 26 years that AirAsia have been in business?

It appears that you have not non-travelled with them. I fought with them for 6 months for a covid refund and got nothing but BS from them in all of that time. Fortunately my CC refunded the fares.

But now because I was a BIG member I get an email every day on what great deals they have. The hide of them would suffocate a rhino.

My sympathies is with the OP.

• Like 1

I've never had significant delays or cancellations with AirAsia, unlike Bangkok Airways and Smile. Also got airport fee refunds with no problem. Only issue is their website is painfully slow and full of glitches.

The default policy of all low cost airlines is no cancellations, that's why they're low cost. And if you book the cheapest ticket from large airlines, it's usually not refundable too. It's just the way it works in 21st century.

On 11/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, DonaldBattles said:

But you accepted those Terms and Conditions (you checked the tick-box that you READ AND UNDERSTAND THEM) before you were directed to payment page.

Now don't tell me you did not read that, and just ticked "I AGREE"? If you did that, when can Air Asia send some medical staff to remove your kidney?

Bangkok Bank (airasia card) refunded all purchased tickets back to my card totalling around 14,000. Months after the lock down I was given a full refund credits totalling another 16,000. I have used up all of my credits. I dont care for AirAsia but at 111.00 baht for a ticket and 68 baht one way to Bangkok I can't complain. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

It appears that you have not non-travelled with them. I fought with them for 6 months for a covid refund and got nothing but BS from them in all of that time. Fortunately my CC refunded the fares.

But now because I was a BIG member I get an email every day on what great deals they have. The hide of them would suffocate a rhino.

My sympathies is with the OP.

You get a credit online takes a few minutes talk with AVA

On 11/24/2020 at 4:55 PM, treetops said:

Suitable travel insurance (covering domestic travel if required) is what you need, or buy expensive flexible tickets which will let you change but cost much more initially.

AirAsia are a low cost carrier who will screw you given the slightest chance, but they're upfront about it and give you fair warning.

Spot on, thanks.

And I don't know what my life (in Bruriram) would be without Airasia and Luft Vogel.

I live on Samui and have used Bangkok Airways for 15 years plus!...Never a problem!

Used to think it was a massive rip off, but tried Air Asia and Nok Airways a couple of times! 

Never again!

I am not poor and hopefully never will be!

Love and Kisses,

Mario ????????????

I was travelling Bangkok-Chiang Mai i Sep 20. Booked a ticket early morning and arrived at the airport 3 hours before departure just to find out the flight was cancelled.

Logged into Air Asia homepage to book a new ticket later that day. Flight every 2-3 hour according to the website. According to the screen at Suvarnabhumi only 2 of these flights were not already cancelled.

Selling tickets to already cancelled flights is quiet something. 

VietJet saved the day. 

• Like 2

On 11/29/2020 at 7:36 AM, tonray said:

My March 2020 flights still not refunded...company is going belly up and has no cash left. If they survive...I'll never book again....thieves

Log into the website and click on credit account and you will get a credit after sending your information within 24 easy hours 

• Haha 1