Open the country now! Stop quarantine for foreign tourists, says Thai media

webfact

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand's business media has called for the country to throw open its doors to foreign tourists from low risk countries. (I added the emphasis)

That leaves the US out in the cold, and my British friends say their native country is fighting hard to keep up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

And the best way to do this was turn to China where travel was now permitted internally

key word being internally as in not externally

thailand will have to do a lot of grovelling (probably involving sea ports and submarines) before that situation changes.

i'd wager the chinese will be more than happy to watch one of their enemies allies twist in the wind just a little bit longer..

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Just wondering why all the non-Thais keep commenting like Thailand is their country. If thailand want to open up to low risk countries, so be it. If you don't like it, go back to your own country. Pretty simple really.

We living here still have skin in the game, and this forum is meant for us to voice our opinions. Sure, it doesn't count for much, but getting it off our chests is a way to pass the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

And the best way to do this was turn to China where travel was now permitted internally and where like Thailand the virus was under control. There were enough Chinese to rescue the industry before more foreigners returned.

BBN are as desperate as TAT for the Chinese Touroids.

Just one small issue

The CCP has banned all Tour Related Holidays abroad until at least the Spring.

China has not stopped the Covid 19 outbreaks in the Country, they are still erupting spuriously around the Country, and the CCP are obviously worried that Foreign Travelers will return bringing back Covid with them.

" if the government invested more in test and trace and health facilities then any outbreak could be controlled."

That view certainly did not come from TVF, they only want the testing, tracing is an alien concept as far as they are concerned.

Open the country now! 

Good idea... Just in the days that the Covid-19 infections rise in southeast Asian countries. This people don’t read international news?

Edited by Tarteso

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Sure, learn nothing from the Yanks, Brits or Swedes. The business community only cares about their bottom line. They could careless about public good.

From what I read, no one cares about public good. TAT, the government, the economists etc etc. Why single out the Business community?

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, djayz said:

Those of us who live here full-time, have homes, families, jobs and eventually even friends and a life here, think differently. 

I don't give a rat's behind whose country it is; it's home to me/some of us.

People with your attitude never have that feeling, no matter where you live. 

But it's not your country, you don't get to have a vote who is elected, you don't get a vote for who should be allowed in, so stop acting like you do.

Letting people in from low risk countries makes sense for the health of Thailand.

The out of control countries, sorry but you need to wait your turn

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

But it's not your country, you don't get to have a vote who is elected, you don't get a vote for who should be allowed in, so stop acting like you do.

Letting people in from low risk countries makes sense for the health of Thailand.

The out of control countries, sorry but you need to wait your turn

Where in my reply did I talk about voting? Where did I say it was my country? 

As for voting who should be let in: It was blatantly clear for a very long time that a virus was spreading rapidly in Wuhan, surrounding areas and throughout China, yet governments worldwide continued to allow people from that country to travel into theirs and they allowed their citizens to travel to China. Let me ask you this Aussie; Did YOUR government let you vote on who should and shouldn't enter Oz during those times? 

• Like 1

As an aside, the proposed travel bubble arrangement between Hong Kong and Singapore has been suspended because of a spike in infections in HK. It is relevant to others in the region who may have been keeping a close eye on how things worked out for those 2 countries.

• Like 1

A few days ago a news article mentioned that the quarantine capacity is 40 new arrivals per day. Looking at the almost daily new reports about foreigners in quarantine with Covid-19, so opening without quarantine doesn't sound wise.

I presume foreigners shall show negativ Covid-19 test, not older than 72 hours, before flying to Thailand. If just one out of 40 is Covid-19 positive during quarantine, it's 2.5 percent.

I'm thinking of the fear from a potential super spreader, recalling recent panic when a lady arriving from France became sick a few days after having done the full 14-days quarantine, and tested positive...:whistling: