Pattaya: Mobile food vendors caused traffic problems as "hundreds" descended on Jomtien

webfact

these foodcarts are a bloody nuisance.....stop when they want, park in bays for cars......set off without checking/looking traffic.... drive at ten kms or lesss .....probably have insurance/tax/driving licence.....never passed a "TEST"    and yet they drive and cause havoc

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

these foodcarts are a bloody nuisance.....stop when they want, park in bays for cars......set off without checking/looking traffic.... drive at ten kms or lesss .....probably have insurance/tax/driving licence.....never passed a "TEST"    and yet they drive and cause havoc

should read probably have  NO  insurance/tax/driving licence

On 11/25/2020 at 1:24 PM, jackdd said:

That's no reason to stop in the middle of the street to sell food, as shown on the second picture, or in the middle of a zebra crossing, as shown in the first picture.

They should just stop somewhere where it doesn't obstruct the traffic.

No different from pick ups stopping in middle of road to go into shop ect or parked on inside lane at least food vendors giving good service to the public

• Like 2

On 11/26/2020 at 2:59 PM, johng said:

I think most of the restaurants had already gone broke from the months and months of no foreign tourists.

What chance do they have of reopening, and remaining open, post Covid, when cheap eats are allowed to be sold across the road?  

• Confused 1

On 11/26/2020 at 8:27 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

They provide food that's been in the blazing sun for hours and getting covered in fumes / dust ( amongst other things ), no thanks, not for me.

One of the great things about those food carts is that nobody is forcing you to buy from them. If you don;t want to eat from then, then don't.

Hundreds of other people do because they provide a service at a reasonable price for Thais and especially Thais without proper full time jobs and little, if any money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

One of the great things about those food carts is that nobody is forcing you to buy from them. If you don;t want to eat from then, then don't.

Hundreds of other people do because they provide a service at a reasonable price for Thais and especially Thais without proper full time jobs and little, if any money.

Don't worry i certainly wont buy from them.

hundreds of other people buy from them coz they're clueless about food hygiene.

The ones that are under discussion here on Jomtien beach are certainly not priced reasonable for what it is, far from it...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

And yet by your own admission you don't even know what they were selling !!

I used to call it 5h!t on a stick, I wouldn't eat it even if you paid me, no idea what meat it may be, no idea how it has been kept before cooking & some of the vendors are hardly paragons of cleanliness.

Look at those guys on the Samloi's (3 wheel carts) with the strings of different types of meat balls, getting covered in exhaust fumes, flies & god knows what else , running around in the hot sun all day. No thank you very much.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

you go ahead and in that muck, no problem, i know it's overpriced junk, end of.

Its long been established that you are more likely to get food poisoning in Thailand from eating in a restaurant than from a food cart. I eat from my local food carts all the time, never had a problem.

They were the highlight of my first trip to SE Asia.

Now regularly eat Kwai Tiao with short rib of pork, pad Thai, barbecued pork kebabs with tomatoes onions and pineapple and my latest find a guy who barbecues a whole pig. Large tray covered in crackling (at my request) 2 dipping sauces, 100 baht. Bargain. The advantage of buying from carts is that you can see everything cooked in front of you and most vendors are happy for you to try before you buy.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, polpott said:

Its long been established that you are more likely to get food poisoning in Thailand from eating in a restaurant than from a food cart. I eat from my local food carts all the time, never had a problem.

They were the highlight of my first trip to SE Asia.

Now regularly eat Kwai Tiao with short rib of pork, pad Thai, barbecued pork kebabs with tomatoes onions and pineapple and my latest find a guy who barbecues a whole pig. Large tray covered in crackling (at my request) 2 dipping sauces, 100 baht. Bargain. The advantage of buying from carts is that you can see everything cooked in front of you and most vendors are happy for you to try before you buy.

Excellent, you go on ahead and enjoy your 'Kwai Tiao' - lol

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I used to call it 5h!t on a stick, I wouldn't eat it even if you paid me, no idea what meat it may be, no idea how it has been kept before cooking & some of the vendors are hardly paragons of cleanliness.

Look at those guys on the Samloi's (3 wheel carts) with the strings of different types of meat balls, getting covered in exhaust fumes, flies & god knows what else , running around in the hot sun all day. No thank you very much.

Thank you.