What's Up With Tescolotus North Pattaya?

scooterboy

I have been following this thread, there are lots of complaints HERE, but has anyone actually contacted Tescolotus ?

I did a 'Google' for TescoLotus, they have a website, but its in Thai, assuming it hs the same format as Tesco in the UK, they will have a contact page, has anyone tried using it ? :o

Here's the link...http://www.tescolotus.com/ all you gota do is get it translated (unless you speak and read Thai)

I would suggest that if ANYONE did manage to contact them, they let TescoLotus know whats happening in their stores, and they posted any reply from TescoLotus in here (might make interesting reading)

Now this is only MY opinion, but IF the higher management doesnt know what is happening in their stores and if enough complaints are made, some thing will happen, even if its closing the place down (highly unlikely)

The higher levels of management at Tescos in the UK VERY rarely visit the stores, they only know what the store managers tell them and if they say the gardens rosy, and no one complains, they are going to beleive it, it happens with the biggest companies, not just Tescos

So come on, get on to the website, get it translated (most of the posters, either speak Thai, have Thai wives or girlfriends) and get those emails off to them, let others know what to write and get lots of complainsts going, it cant make matters any worse can it ? Might even see a difference, there again, you might not even get a reply :D

Tesco Lotus does have a website in English:

Tesco Lotus Thailand (English Version)

The website invites people to "Talk With Us" and I have just done so. Please join the "conversation" and let them know just how bad their stores are.

Edited by Artisan

I have been following this thread, there are lots of complaints HERE, but has anyone actually contacted Tescolotus ?

I did a 'Google' for TescoLotus, they have a website, but its in Thai, assuming it hs the same format as Tesco in the UK, they will have a contact page, has anyone tried using it ? :o

Here's the link...http://www.tescolotus.com/ all you gota do is get it translated (unless you speak and read Thai)

I would suggest that if ANYONE did manage to contact them, they let TescoLotus know whats happening in their stores, and they posted any reply from TescoLotus in here (might make interesting reading)

Now this is only MY opinion, but IF the higher management doesnt know what is happening in their stores and if enough complaints are made, some thing will happen, even if its closing the place down (highly unlikely)

The higher levels of management at Tescos in the UK VERY rarely visit the stores, they only know what the store managers tell them and if they say the gardens rosy, and no one complains, they are going to beleive it, it happens with the biggest companies, not just Tescos

So come on, get on to the website, get it translated (most of the posters, either speak Thai, have Thai wives or girlfriends) and get those emails off to them, let others know what to write and get lots of complainsts going, it cant make matters any worse can it ? Might even see a difference, there again, you might not even get a reply :D

Hi Pepsi,

I really do appreciate what you are saying, but quite frankly, why would any farang go through all the hassle of getting the website translated, and then writing some complaint in English and then having that translated and put on Tesco's website, in the unlikely event that someone would read it and bring it to the senior management's attention? (The odds are probably about 100/1 against anybody senior ever reading it)

We have Carrefour, Foodland, Tops, Frienship, Big C and soon to be Villa, so why should we worry about Tesco's business? If they can't get their act together, that's their problem - I'm not going to lose much sleep over one of the largest commercial combines in the UK not doing so well as they might in Thailand. We just vote with our feet.

In any event I believe you are attaching far too much importance to the farang business. Tesco have pitched themselves at the lower end of the market (much lower than Carrefour IMO), and their target group is very clearly Thai, lower - to middle class. I assume they have done their research, and I doubt they give two hoots about the farang business. That doesn't excuse their lousy service, or 'out of stock' items etc etc, but, as I said, I ain't going to lose sleep over their loss of business, and I certainly aint going to start writing to their Thai web site.

Maybe someone should just copy the link to this thread and send it to one of the Tesco farang execs, if they can get a name from somewhere? :D

Just done that Mobi.

So have I Artisan - didn't realise you'd done it till I clicked on reply.

So they've got it twice now. Wonder if we'll hear anything?

Don't hold your breath. :o

Just done that Mobi.

Mobi, this is the acknowledgment that I've just received:

Thank you for visiting the Tesco Lotus website. Any suggestions or advice for improving Tesco Lotus superstores is greatly welcomed.

Your message or comments will be distributed to our relevant working teams who are ready to give you answers and more information, or take further actions to improve the merchandise and services to better meet you satisfaction.

This email is issued by automatic mail reply to confirm that Tesco Lotus has already received your message. If you have any other queries or advice, just go to the "Talk With Us" link and click to send us your message.

Best Regards,

Tesco Lotus

So, we'll wait and see.

When our complaints reach their natural conclusion, it might be fun to then post the link onto their UK website. Maybe in their shareholder's section.

See if anyone there gives a stuff??

BTW, still awaiting my confirmation. :o

The Mrs cousin visited on sunday, I told her of the TV postngs and a few people wondering where it was going wrong. She works in BKK head office near the top! so the message should have got through yesterday.

I also dont bother going there these days and i pretty much stick to carrefour / foodland which I regard as superior. As a brit I use tesco at home and they are very good, but my heart has been overuled here.

I prefer the smaller foodland type of outlet which is more convenient.

If Tesco were on the ball they would be opening more of these smaller more convenient stores icon8.gif

Rats ..my son also saw one about 6 months ago in carrefour over by isles near the bread section. I put it down as a one off but ... icon5.gif

If Tesco were on the ball they would be opening more of these smaller more convenient stores

Do you mean their smaller, Lotus Express, outlets? Thai mom and pop stores are all up in arms over those.

On the way out, I remarked to the gf that it was often the custom in Europe, that if an item was wrongly priced, then the store would normally give you the item at the cheaper price as a sign of goodwill, before adjusting the shelf price. However, I'm quite aware that this rarely, if ever, happens in Thailand.

The consumer protection act guarantees that this happens in the UK and that the store can get big fines.

MM

Sorry MM, but you are wrong about consumer protection in the UK re incorrect prices.

When I worked for the Citizens Advice Bureau in the UK, I found that many people thought the shop had to let them have the item at the lower price. In simple terms, UK law says that the item is there for you to make an offer, which the seller does not have to accept.

Its always Foodland in Pattaya for me -

I have never in over a year of shopping at Foodland had to wait for a cashier. Every single time the cashiers are waiting for me...anytime of the day or night. It's incredible, but if people do happen to be waiting, they open a new checkout and often the manager steps in to help packing.

This alone makes it my favourite supermarket ever, in any country I've lived in.

I have never in over a year of shopping at Foodland had to wait for a cashier. Every single time the cashiers are waiting for me...anytime of the day or night. It's incredible, but if people do happen to be waiting, they open a new checkout and often the manager steps in to help packing.

This alone makes it my favourite supermarket ever, in any country I've lived in.

Hi Tropo....I will agree with you. Terrific service, whatever time you go there. The bakery and the 24-hour restaurant service can't be beaten.

Hi Tropo....I will agree with you. Terrific service, whatever time you go there. The bakery and the 24-hour restaurant service can't be beaten.

I makes a huge change from the super slow Australian supermarkets where if no people are waiting they close checkouts to ensure people will be queueing up.

The owner of Foodland deserves an award for running a truly first-class operation.

I'm happy to pay the slightly higher prices compared to the other big stores.

Edited by tropo

...and Carrefour's quality has droped a lot in the past year - with increasing prices. Foodland has me back as customer and waiting for Villa to open.

SAME HERE....stick with Foodland and Best.

Edited by moo9

Did ANYONE get ANY reply from Tesco Lotus ?

Apart from the usual automated reply

Nothing yet. I'm till waiting and I'm not optimistic about receiving anything else than the automated reply. We know that this is Thailand. In the past, I've sent e-mails to Acer (Thailand) twice, Yamaha (Thailand) once, Samsung (Thailand) once, Siemens (Thailand) once, Thai Immigration Bureau (twice) and, although I received an automated reply each time promising someone will contact me, I'm still waiting!!! .......and that's over a period of 14 years!!!

My e-mail to Yamaha (Thailand) fell on stony ground so I sent an e-mail to Yamaha in Japan. Within five days of contacting Yamaha in Japan, I received a response from Yamaha (Thailand).

I know what's wrong with these people but I can't put it into polite enough words.......help needed.

Did ANYONE get ANY reply from Tesco Lotus ?

Apart from the usual automated reply

Nothing yet. I'm till waiting and I'm not optimistic about receiving anything else than the automated reply. We know that this is Thailand. In the past, I've sent e-mails to Acer (Thailand) twice, Yamaha (Thailand) once, Samsung (Thailand) once, Siemens (Thailand) once, Thai Immigration Bureau (twice) and, although I received an automated reply each time promising someone will contact me, I'm still waiting!!! .......and that's over a period of 14 years!!!

My e-mail to Yamaha (Thailand) fell on stony ground so I sent an e-mail to Yamaha in Japan. Within five days of contacting Yamaha in Japan, I received a response from Yamaha (Thailand).

I know what's wrong with these people but I can't put it into polite enough words.......help needed.

I didnt get anything from TescoLotus OR the main Tesco's in the UK, as you say, they are falling on stoney ground, sometimes I wonder why they put a contact page, they VERY rarely ever give any further replies :o

• 2 weeks later...

On the 9th May, I received this automatic reply to my e-mail to Tesco Lotus:

Your message or comments will be distributed to our relevant working teams who are ready to give you answers and more information, or take further actions to improve the merchandise and services to better meet you satisfaction.

I haven't heard anything more from them. Yesterday, I ventured, reluctantly, into the store again. Nothing has changed. There are still goods that aren't price marked (bar coded) and there are still too many gaps in the shelves. I left.

Oh well, good bye Tesco Lotus and hello Carrefour.....here I come "Frog Shop".

in western australia namely woolworths if you buy an item at a self price which say $1.99 and you paid $2.99, at the check out and have the receipt to prove that, you can query the price with the office staff whom will check to see if there is a label on the self stating the price of $1.99, if this being the case you get the item, and the $2.99 refund. this applies to every one that can prove that there was a self price when the staff go to check the shelf.

i purchased a carton of smokes once sale price was $49.95, check out teller charged me 54.95, i duely paid for the item then took the receipt and smokes to the staff and pointed to the advertised price of $49.95, i was refunded the money of $54.95 and give the carton of smokes for free. regards

• 2 weeks later...
Just done that Mobi.

Mobi, this is the acknowledgment that I've just received:

Thank you for visiting the Tesco Lotus website. Any suggestions or advice for improving Tesco Lotus superstores is greatly welcomed.

This email is issued by automatic mail reply to confirm that Tesco Lotus has already received your message. If you have any other queries or advice, just go to the "Talk With Us" link and click to send us your message.

Best Regards,

Tesco Lotus

So, we'll wait and see.

We're going to have a long wait!!! Now one month since my initial contact and nothing has changed in the South Pattaya store. They just don't understand, do they?...or more likely, they just don't care.

We're going to have a long wait!!! Now one month since my initial contact and nothing has changed in the South Pattaya store. They just don't understand, do they?...or more likely, they just don't care.

Artisan, I did in fact get the same auto reply that you received, and not heard a dicky bird since. Don't really expect anything now.

Did you see the story on the front page of today's B. Post about the guy in Thailand (John Smith!!) who is trying to blackmail Tesco in the Uk, by threatening to poison their food?

Maybe he just got pissed off with the service he received in Pattaya? :o

Foodland is far better for freshness of produce (fruit,veggies) and much more 'user friendly' than any of the others in my opinion. The management muck in and help if they are short staffed.

Foodland is apparently owned by a Chinese family.

Several times, I have asked for something they dont have, they write it down, and a week or two later, there it is. A refreshing change to "no have" from Tesco/Lotus.

Artisan, I did in fact get the same auto reply that you received, and not heard a dicky bird since. Don't really expect anything now.

Did you see the story on the front page of today's B. Post about the guy in Thailand (John Smith!!) who is trying to blackmail Tesco in the Uk, by threatening to poison their food?

Maybe he just got pissed off with the service he received in Pattaya? :o

Yes Mobi, I saw the article. What a way to get their attention.........he's achieved more than you or I could ever hope to and he was able to contact Tesco UK direct. I wonder how he did that?