Retirement Extension - Bangkok Bank Letters

Am doing a retirement extension (in Phuket) and as I understand it for my monthly income verification I will need two letters from Bangkok Bank. One that lists the incoming transfers for the last 12 months and another to certify that the account is mine. Would appreciate it if someone could post reasonably current copies of the letters required so I can show the person I end up with at the bank exactly what I need. I know this has been asked multiple times before but I tried looking thru posts from the last several months and was unable to find examples of the letters required. Thank you for any assistance you can provide. - Ron

Sorry, can't help you cause mine is the 800k deposit method. We need only one letter from Bangkok Bank stating the amount as of date of application.

I would think a bank statement of the 12 monthly transfer in your bank account is also needed but this is not considered a letter.

A one year bank statement showing the “FTT” code alongside the transfer deposits will, perhaps, suffice.  If your account has many transactions each month the statement may be too long and “cumbersome” for the IO to deal with.  Another alternative could be copies of the passbook pages showing the FTT deposits arranged in sequential order.  Your branch may also be able to provide you with a listing of your FTT deposits with one deposit on each page.  

you will also need a letter from the bank declaring that you are the owner of the account and showing what the balance is on the account on the day the letter is issued.

Perhaps you could visit your branch and have a discussion with the person in charge who is likely to have addressed this with other customers.  You might find all of your answers there.

Alternatively, you might visit with an agent and ask them what would be required.  They could give you examples and copies of letters that will work.  You could then take them to your bank and ask for the letters.  You would not need to return to the agent afterwards.  You could take your docs directly to immigration and have a go at it on your own if you prefer.

Be aware that a one year statement will probably have to come from the BKK Bank HQ in Bangkok and could take up to a week to obtain.  That has been my experience in re to one year statements  from them.

I dealt with this issue for a number of years then finally bit the bullet and made the 800k deposit.  It has since saved me from a great deal of stress.  I understand this is not a viable solution for many but..... if it IS within the realm of possibilities for you you might consider taking that route for the future.

best of luck!

First, here is a link to an example of the Bangkok Bank letter showing the foreign deposits into your account:  http://www.pcecnews.com/permNL/Example-BankLetter-Monthly-Deposits.pdf

When I visited my Branch in Pattaya last June for my bank letters (I use the 65k monthly income method for retirement - the letter showing foreign deposits are the same type used for marriage extensions), they first started to prepare the letter using my bank passbook - looking for the FTT codes on deposits. 

But, I pointed out to them that would not work in my case as I had some consolidated entries (total of all deposits and all withdrawals over a span of time), thus using the passbook would not work. They then said they would request it from Bangkok Bank's Headquarters and it would be one week to get it.

My Bangkok bank at Pattaya,knows exactly what papers are required for immigration.its quite a bit,also cost me 700 baht,plus 200 for year of bank statements..

This year,i did combination method..400,000+ in bank,plus pension income..

Did at jomtien..

After i got letter from my embassy to verify the pension, it was fairly plain sailing at jomtien immigration..

19 hours ago, EricTh said:

Sorry, can't help you cause mine is the 800k deposit method. We need only one letter from Bangkok Bank stating the amount as of date of application.

I would think a bank statement of the 12 monthly transfer in your bank account is also needed but this is not considered a letter.

Then why post an answer?

I ask my Bangkok Bank branch for a "credit advice" that lists the 12 FTT-coded transfers over the past year.  The first year, it took some explaining to make clear what I needed, but since then, I just show them a copy of the credit advice from the previous year and it's no problem.  My branch (in BKK) can get the credit advice and the letter confirming ownership done in just a day or two.

My personal experience with BBK branches in Bangkok, some do and some don't, so shop around until you find a branch that does. 

If you get the NO push back don't waste your time you are talking to a brick wall.

I have 5 BKK branches in my local area and only one provides the letters.

Don't ask me why, it's the ninth wonder of the world.  

Even my Visa agent gave up on this task!

7 hours ago, Tracyb said:

A one year bank statement showing the “FTT” code alongside the transfer deposits will, perhaps, suffice.  If your account has many transactions each month the statement may be too long and “cumbersome” for the IO to deal with.  Another alternative could be copies of the passbook pages showing the FTT deposits arranged in sequential order.  Your branch may also be able to provide you with a listing of your FTT deposits with one deposit on each page.  

you will also need a letter from the bank declaring that you are the owner of the account and showing what the balance is on the account on the day the letter is issued.

Perhaps you could visit your branch and have a discussion with the person in charge who is likely to have addressed this with other customers.  You might find all of your answers there.

Alternatively, you might visit with an agent and ask them what would be required.  They could give you examples and copies of letters that will work.  You could then take them to your bank and ask for the letters.  You would not need to return to the agent afterwards.  You could take your docs directly to immigration and have a go at it on your own if you prefer.

Be aware that a one year statement will probably have to come from the BKK Bank HQ in Bangkok and could take up to a week to obtain.  That has been my experience in re to one year statements  from them.

I dealt with this issue for a number of years then finally bit the bullet and made the 800k deposit.  It has since saved me from a great deal of stress.  I understand this is not a viable solution for many but..... if it IS within the realm of possibilities for you you might consider taking that route for the future.

best of luck!

This is the method l used. Requested an annual statement from BB that took about 2 days. My deposits are with TransferWise and are notated as 'lnternational Transfer'. Broke this up into monthly totals then a final total on the statement. This with a letter from my pension fund stating appropriate details sufficed. 

Archived