On Line Thai Language Course Zoom or Google Classroom

thaisail

I live in a rural part of Thailand and there are no language schools nearby. I can't really afford private lessons to learn Thai but with all the online courses that my daughter was doing with the lock down, I saw the potential for starting up a decent size class for us English speaking people to learn Thai language in an online course. If one exists on line in Thailand already for groups of more than 5 students, please direct me to the right website or school in Thailand where I can enroll on line. If there is no such on line course offered for a class of 5-10 students, perhaps this is a good place to see who else is interested in this concept and I will contact the possible teachers who are qualified to teach Thai in an on line format. 

I do not have the budget to pay for individual lessons and I always seem to learn better in a class room structure with fixed hours. So if there are other like minded people out there, please contact me. If there are any qualified Thai language teachers out there who are willing to teach a group of about 5-10 students on line and know how to manage the "Zoom" technology, please contact me and I will provide a list of potential students who are thinking about learning Thai on line. 

On 11/30/2020 at 9:50 PM, thaisail said:

I live in a rural part of Thailand and there are no language schools nearby. I can't really afford private lessons to learn Thai but with all the online courses that my daughter was doing with the lock down, I saw the potential for starting up a decent size class for us English speaking people to learn Thai language in an online course. If one exists on line in Thailand already for groups of more than 5 students, please direct me to the right website or school in Thailand where I can enroll on line. If there is no such on line course offered for a class of 5-10 students, perhaps this is a good place to see who else is interested in this concept and I will contact the possible teachers who are qualified to teach Thai in an on line format. 

I do not have the budget to pay for individual lessons and I always seem to learn better in a class room structure with fixed hours. So if there are other like minded people out there, please contact me. If there are any qualified Thai language teachers out there who are willing to teach a group of about 5-10 students on line and know how to manage the "Zoom" technology, please contact me and I will provide a list of potential students who are thinking about learning Thai on line. 

http://www.sumaa.net/ is a high-quality Thai language school here in Bangkok.  They do online teaching and classroom teaching, so they may be willing to combine the two.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thaisail said:

I don't know yet, Mod or Pear. But I was sent an assessment and I can't do any of it. So I am bit dejected right now!

There are several levels of proficiency, so that is just a placement test.

You should start at the beginner level then.

We live in a rural part of Udon.  I tried an AUA Thai course (at that time) with about 10 other foreigners.  Each wanted to learn something different, and the teacher had no real course curriculum to follow to appease everyone.  

I found a pharmacist in our village who spoke decent English.  She wanted to continue learning.  I offered my services for hers, 2 hours English then 2 hours Thai, 2 times a week.  I started with the Maani readers......you read Thai after 1 lesson.  Although we did this in person, there's no reason it couldn't be done over Zoom.  If you're interested in how our lessons went, pm me.  She later moved out of the village......pre-zoom......but I learned to read, write, and speak passable Thai.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/15/2020 at 10:22 PM, kokesaat said:

We live in a rural part of Udon.  I tried an AUA Thai course (at that time) with about 10 other foreigners.  Each wanted to learn something different, and the teacher had no real course curriculum to follow to appease everyone.  

I found a pharmacist in our village who spoke decent English.  She wanted to continue learning.  I offered my services for hers, 2 hours English then 2 hours Thai, 2 times a week.  I started with the Maani readers......you read Thai after 1 lesson.  Although we did this in person, there's no reason it couldn't be done over Zoom.  If you're interested in how our lessons went, pm me.  She later moved out of the village......pre-zoom......but I learned to read, write, and speak passable Thai.

I prefer to start off just like this. The labor, however, might occasionally be exceedingly difficult, making it difficult to finish. I recently had to write a paper, which was a new and challenging sort of assignment for me, so I decided to delegate it to ghostwriting websites. For me, this was a real find and helped out in this situation.

This is relevant for me too

Edited by RonaldDavis