Where do YOU go for your work permit health check-up in Bangkok?

So, I am new to this and I am located in Bangkok.

Where is the best and most straightforward place for your work permit medical health check up? Also cost and time effective? Easy location?

Thank you

Edited by 2009

This year I was told it had to be a proper hospital, not the local clinic that I usually use. Colleagues had reported 1,300B+, for a simple blood test. I am not far from Thonburi 2 Hospital and I messaged them on FB and discussed a decent price of about 900-1,000B.

Went to immigration and met another colleague who told me he had used a local clinic and paid 300B (like I had for many years), and there was no problem with that.

34 minutes ago, 2009 said:

So, I am new to this and I am located in Bangkok.

Where is the best and most straightforward place for your work permit medical health check up? Also cost and time effective? Easy location?

Thank you

Just look for a clinic in your neighborhood....Green Cross Sign and usually Green Sign that signifies clinic. Bring a sample form ....so they know what you need...the front staff likely speaks zero English. Doctor's almost always speak English well. Usually 300 to 500 baht.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Just look for a clinic in your neighborhood....Green Cross Sign and usually Green Sign that signifies clinic. Bring a sample form ....so they know what you need...the front staff likely speaks zero English. Doctor's almost always speak English well. Usually 300 to 500 baht.

But there needs to be a blood test, right?

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  They do a finger-blood test for syphilis.  It takes 2 minutes.

Interesting

I have been getting jabbed in the arm for the past 10 years up north. ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I am surprised they don't scrutinize the lab-slip (at labor office) about the test.

Or in Bangkok do you just submit the health certificate (not the lab slip too)?

Up north, my old labor office would play the doctor trying to quiz the type of test and interpret the result, rather than just accepting the health certificate, lol

Edited by 2009

17 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I've never had a syph test. I just get a signed med cert from the local clinic. About 200 baht for the last one. But my work permit goes back to 2007. I think the rules changed at one stage in the past to include the syphilis test. 

2 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I've never had a syph test. I just get a signed med cert from the local clinic. About 200 baht for the last one. But my work permit goes back to 2007. I think the rules changed at one stage in the past to include the syphilis test. 

When is the last time you renewed/extended WP using just the medical certificate?

1 hour ago, 2009 said:

I am surprised they don't scrutinize the lab-slip (at labor office) about the test.

Or in Bangkok do you just submit the health certificate (not the lab slip too)?

Up north, my old labor office would play the doctor trying to quiz the type of test and interpret the result, rather than just accepting the health certificate, lol

Blez Clinic give you the doctor's certificate and the lab report for the syphilis blood test (500 baht).

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Blez Clinic give you the doctor's certificate and the lab report for the syphilis blood test (500 baht).

Right, I see.

And the Bangkok labor office wants the original lap report too? Not just the doctor's certificate. Right?

That's the way it is up north.

Or is the Bangkok labor office happy with just the doctor's certificate?

Edited by 2009

20 hours ago, 2009 said:

Right, I see.

And the Bangkok labor office wants the original lap report too? Not just the doctor's certificate. Right?

That's the way it is up north.

Or is the Bangkok labor office happy with just the doctor's certificate?

Both I think.  I just give all the documents to my HR department.

In Bangkok you need to now do a proper medical at hospital. This is largely due to all the clinic fraud uncovered over past year. You are well advised to go to hospital for the checkup or risk doing it again. It's not the doing it again part that should concern you but rather unhappy admins making second trips because you couldn't sort yourself out. They might all be wise to it now. Mine is. No hospital, no WP.

I was doing the full go to hospital syphilis blood test, and the chest x-ray, for several years, had enough of it this year and thought I'd try the clinic route. Went to some clinic, didn't even speak to the doctor, paid like 300 THB got piece of paper signed by doctor, done. WP issued no problem. My lawyer had been advising against this way, though if it works it works. I'll do it again next year too, avoid wasting half my weekend at the hospital.

Edited by MarleyMarl
typo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MarleyMarl said:

I was doing the full go to hospital syphilis blood test, and the chest x-ray, for several years, had enough of it this year and thought I'd try the clinic route. Went to some clinic, didn't even speak to the doctor, paid like 300 THB got piece of paper signed by doctor, done. WP issued no problem. My lawyer had been advising against this way, though if it works it works. I'll do it again next year too, avoid wasting half my weekend at the hospital.

Lawyers are always of such good advice. 55554555

Seven years in a row at Bum Run Grad. Never a blood test, never any lab work. Five minute once over by the doctor, several questions about my general health, signature, 900THB, done and dusted. Never once questioned at WP renewal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timendres said:

Seven years in a row at Bum Run Grad. Never a blood test, never any lab work. Five minute once over by the doctor, several questions about my general health, signature, 900THB, done and dusted. Never once questioned at WP renewal.

Go to a local clinic for 200 baht or less. You will get the same 5 min once over. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, timendres said:

I am starting to think Bumrungrad is the way to go.

When is the last time you submitted a WP using the med cert from there?

Medconsult Clinic.  British doctor with Thai license. Everybody I know goes there   Never rejected by labor department.  180 baht and no blood test needed. The belief that Bangkok labor officr requires a blood test for syphilis and a lab test receipt is simply wrong. 

2 hours ago, ricklev said:

Medconsult Clinic.  British doctor with Thai license. Everybody I know goes there   Never rejected by labor department.  180 baht and no blood test needed. The belief that Bangkok labor officr requires a blood test for syphilis and a lab test receipt is simply wrong. 

Has this worked this year too?

Yeah, all I heard was that in Bangkok they changed from "clinics accepted" to "it's gotta be a hospital"

I didn't hear that the blood work is required.

However, up north for the last 10 years my old labor office insisted on blood test and original lab-slip submitted with the application otherwise no work permit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Yeah, all I heard was that in Bangkok they changed from "clinics accepted" to "it's gotta be a hospital"

However, up north for the last 10 years my old labor office insisted on blood test and original lab-slip submitted with the application otherwise no work permit.

The last time I did it was in July. However, Dr. Donna at Medconsult does them every day. Everyone in the office speaks English and they will know exactly what's needed if you give them a call. 

24 minutes ago, 2009 said:

I deal with a number of schools and there are differences from one province to the next and one officer to another, but in BKK the original lab test was always required.