I don't want to go to hospital as I may be told bad news.

Bill Poster

2 hours ago, Bill Poster said:

I thought I would not post any thing back until the wife's father situation changed . Well as the wife's father’s symptoms again returned so he once more  went to see doctor pajamas for a forth time, on this visit he was taken to the doctors house by some one in his village who also wanted to get some ‘’ pills ‘’ for a medical complaint they had.  On this 4th visit the wife's father was again given a small plastic bag containing pills , and once more the doctor advised father not to eat any sea food , beef or bamboo and to stop drinking alcohol and according to what my wife was told by her father this time the doctor did not comment on his symptoms or mention any thing about father going to hospital .  This time instead of charging father 2,500.00 Baht for the small bag of pills , he was charged 1,500.00 Baht   

Over the following weeks her father took the pills and told my wife that he was starting to feel better and in fact he had recommended doctor pajamas to several people in his village. The 1,500.00 Baht pills finally ran out and within a few weeks father’s same symptoms again returned . Father decided to go and ask an old woman who lives in a nearby village for advice about his symptoms , this old woman had a local reputation for being able to predict peoples future and communicate with the spirits . It turned out that this old fortune telling woman’s cousin owned a clinic in another village a few hours away from fathers village . 

So on the old fortune telling woman’s advice father made the two hours journey to her cousins clinic . My wife was not asked by her father to take him to this clinic , but instead he was taken by another neighbour . I can sense some sort of friction between my wife and her father and I thinks its all some thing to do with her father’s repeated visits to village clinics and refusal to go to hospital.

So father went for the first time to this new village clinic , and from what my wife has found out that clinic was in a small village and situated in a row of shop houses. It's not known what sort of diagnostic tests the doctor carried out on father but the total cost including , yes a small plastic bag of pills was 200 Baht. 

This time the ‘’ shop house ‘’ doctor told father that his medical problem was some thing called tuberculosis . The doctor made no mention to father of going to a hospital , he only said father should return to see him if he needed more pills.

So father is currently taking his new 200 Baht pills and only time will tell how things are going to progress .  

I’m going to now check out a bit more about tuberculosis and see what having that medical condition entails and what the future may hold for father. 

The saga continues .

i can assure you:

(1) No diagnostic tests were carried out

(2) TB treatment requires a cocktail of medications for at least 6 months that are free at government  hospitals but would cost far more than 200 baht privately. he is nto receiving correct treatment for TB if that is what he has.

TB is fully curable if treated correctly but there is a real risk of developing a resistant strain if  incompletely treated. Which will be fatal.