Covid19 vaccine

Good question with predictable answers from the pessimistic to the optimistic.  Maybe a Journalist would ask this obvious question to the Decision Makers rather than a forum of opinions.

????

9 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

These trials have cut corners massively

There have been several detailed explanations of how the vaccine process has been expedited - no corners have been cut.

I can't speak for other countries but in the UK, the most critical part of the vaccine process has not changed at all. The MHRA has set criteria which must be met before any vaccine can gain approval. Any vaccine that has not been fully tested will not gain approval so any company 'cutting corners' would be wasting their time.

Please state your evidence that corners have been cut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Please state your evidence that corners have been cut.

The 2 Russian vaccines have been reported to have skipped phase 3 trials, though raps.org is reporting a 40,000 person trial on Sputnik-V  in Russia so the reported skip may well be  propaganda disinformation.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The 2 Russian vaccines have been reported to have skipped phase 3 trials, though raps.org is reporting a 40,000 person trial in Russia so the reported skip may well be  propaganda disinformation.

I didn't think we were talking about Russian vaccines.

7 hours ago, TSF said:

So the alternative is? We can wait another 5 years: the global death toll, the destruction of economies, the collapse of societies. Vaccines are our only hope of getting out of this hideous mess.

If you really believe that you need to stop watching the tv and open your eyes to what's really going on in the world. 

• Like 1

I think SOME of the answers here are sensible. "Wait and see" seems to be what is required without any guarantees for the foreseeable future. The answer to the OP  is just possibly yes - but no real idea when, but more likely 'no',  as some of the current conditions will probably remain, vaccinated or not

3 hours ago, lavender19 said:

I doubt it. Quarantine is a big money spinner for them

Added to which, although the vaccine protects YOU, as yet it's not certain whether having the vaccine prevents you having and passing the virus on to others.

On 12/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, khunPer said:

Probably not before an international vaccine passport or registration has been agreed; and furthermore, as other have mentioned, the vaccines shows to be effective.

If they don't make it compulsory like vaccine passport to be able to travel etc i am not going to take it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrfaroukh said:

If they don't make it compulsory like vaccine passport to be able to travel etc i am not going to take it

You should have the right to NOT take a vaccine (or any other med), equally, countries should have the right to refuse entry to those who don't take it.

Where does that leave us?

IMO, people like me who are willing to be vaccinated will resume travelling, those who are unwilling to be vaccinated will not be able to travel. From your comment, I infer that you would take it if you had to in order to travel.

So, on the face of it, quite simple.