Honda Forza 2019 vs 2020 Model

JT65

Hi All

I had ordered a new Honda Forza 350 a month ago. The dealership told me it would be a 4 week delivery. I called today to enquire when I pickup and was told it would be another 6 week wait.

Not impressed, I looked online for a 2nd hand deal and found an identical bike except its the 2019 model.

Does anyone know what the differences are apart from the size of the engine? ie - 300cc vs 350cc

I don't ride fast anyways so don't really need the extra 50cc

This sort of thing has happened to two friends of mine whilst buying trucks. One of them asked Toyota for his deposit back went to the next dealership which happened to be Mitsubishi and bought the truck off the fourcourt and drove it away.

Suggest you try the same.

It depends on the price of the used 2019. Extra money could be used for  better suspensions or some new riding gears. 

The few noticeable diff would be that 30cc increase in displacement and the slightly taller windscreen.

If money no objection I definitely go for 350, it also has 5-shoe clutch as oppose to 3, I had problem with my old model 2016 clutch started at just 7000km....! 

But you should be able to buy 350 off the shop, why wait, just need to go to different shops, or look online, they deliver wherever you are with cash on delivery option... 

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to buy a 4 week old "second hand" 350 in Chi Am a few months ago for 163,000 including about 30,000 in upgrades.

Compared to my friends 2019, I'd say wait for the 2020.

It's also known that there will be a 750cc release soon. But 350's all I need.

Gool luck

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Not sure if my post is in the correct topic area as I am new to this forum.

I have not ridden the Forza 300 to compare however I can offer some of my experiences I've had with my Forza 350 (2.5 months on order because black was more popular and longer queue) for more than 6 weeks now and have done close to 3000 klms .   I've had 2 services done with the first (after 200k's) with oil and oil filter change and with the last one I wanted the air filter changed also as I live in "dusty" Khon Kaen and ride to a village farm quite often;  no air filters available and they differ slightly in shape but not filter size to the 300 filters.  The shop contact other dealers and I also went in person to several major ones including some in Maha Sarakham - plenty for the 300; 350 filters are and have been on back order for more than 2 months "<deleted>".  Contacted APHonda  - none and don't know when available (l also asked about the rear grab bars for the 300 which are used to replace the 350's so that I can mount a rear SHAD box - no stock also).  Don't want to go the K&M or SS mesh (Hurricane )as there's too much fine dust here. 

One thing that I noticed in my trips was that I found the handlebar to be slightly biased on the left side and after checking several other new bikes in the shop including a new Forza (biased same side ) they too had a bias but some including Click and Wave were on the left or right side. According to the mechanics this was due to the transporting as they tie/strap the bar in hard lock.

On the open road the front windshield buffets the wind more directly into and under the helmet than the one on my PCX. The 350 screen is a bit taller than the 300 so on full height and if I duck down slightly (I'm 180cm tall) the wind drops dramatically.  On a long trip it's quite comfortable ride including the seat which is slightly firm and has good power for quick overtaking (which I missed on the PCX) and cruising I sometimes forgot the speed creep. Most important thing for me was the braking and there were several instances (some very scary close) whereby I had to stop completely and suddenly and it did stop very controlled and straight (way better than the PCX could achieve).  So I'm riding the PCX again as I can get air filters for it (same ones as the popular Click)   

Cheers all

• Like 1

No idea why you had two services and now trying to change air filter at 3000km...!? If that's the correct mileage you're not doing the bike any favors, oil and oil filter should have been changed at 1000km, not 200km (there is a reason for that), and next service is 12000km, unless the new 350 has different schedule than older models...!!! What says in the user guide....?

I also had very slight bias on my handlebar (I have gen 1 old model 2016), I was concerned about it a bit early on, but soon forgotten, no issues whatsoever..., now 23k km...

The brakes on Forza are incredible, even with one disc up front (but 3 pistons) and only one piston at the back, when both levers are pulled hard that nearly ~190kg lump comes to a complete stop from any speed... ????

But watch the rear brake pads, Honda made a big mistake in design and the pads get sticky and wear out quickly, could even be under 10k km..... ! (I speak from nasty experience, metal on metal...????????). Again unless they corrected it...

Also I had issues with my clutch shoes at the back of CVT at just 7000km, but I read 350 now has 5 shoes as oppose to 3, so maybe that helps...

Enjoy your new bike, I might upgrade next year when some used ones and more spare and aftermarket parts become available... ????

Edited by Agusts

2 hours ago, papa al said:

What?

I am pretty sure you know it, but want to get it out of me ????, so here it is, the new engine needs time to bed in and shed or shave any bits and particles into the oil, good old expert engineers who designed the engine and tested it , goodness knows how many times, estimated that it takes a good 1000km for this to happen and be completed....

Then you change the oil and oil filter that have collected all the rubbish, after that on Forza you are good until 12000km, for next oil/filter change...(yes, they done their work, far better than you and I, and say it's 12000km next...! It's a liquid cooled engine with an oil filter the same size and quality of a car , so no need to change oil every 2k or 4k, or even 8k, but 12k)

At 200km the stuff hasn't quite dislodged, so too early....  Of course I heard a guy changes oil every week, almost more often than some people change underpants, but that's just silly and another story altogether....!  ????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Agusts said:

the new engine needs time to bed in and shed or shave any bits and particles into the oil, good old expert engineers who designed the engine and tested it , goodness knows how many times, estimated that it takes a good 1000km for this to happen and be completed....

Good old expert opinion varies.

Yamaha book says 1st change @ 500km.

Edited by papa al

17 minutes ago, papa al said:

Good old expert opinion varies.

Yamaha book says 1st change @ 500km.

What bike ...?

Yes, I was specifically talking about Forza (old model that I have and know).

Edited by Agusts

55 minutes ago, papa al said:

If you can reference data showing 1000km is better

than 500km or 200km for first oil change out,

for the Forza, or IC engines in general,

please do so.

No chance..., but I go with manufacturer's recommendation on this one, unless proven otherwise - that's probably the most reasonable approach...! 

And air cooled engines, or bikes without proper large oil filters are different story and have different service schedules for sure....

On 2/1/2021 at 1:15 PM, Agusts said:

I am pretty sure you know it, but want to get it out of me ????, so here it is, the new engine needs time to bed in and shed or shave any bits and particles into the oil, good old expert engineers who designed the engine and tested it , goodness knows how many times, estimated that it takes a good 1000km for this to happen and be completed....

Then you change the oil and oil filter that have collected all the rubbish, after that on Forza you are good until 12000km, for next oil/filter change...(yes, they done their work, far better than you and I, and say it's 12000km next...! It's a liquid cooled engine with an oil filter the same size and quality of a car , so no need to change oil every 2k or 4k, or even 8k, but 12k)

At 200km the stuff hasn't quite dislodged, so too early....  Of course I heard a guy changes oil every week, almost more often than some people change underpants, but that's just silly and another story altogether....!  ????

Hi and thank you for your input into my post.  In response to your "no idea why I had two services ..." comment I have a couple of reasons. First of which I mentioned in my post that being the dusty areas (with strong winds at times) I ride in and in particular to the villages which have trucks carrying dirt every day and unsealed roads. The manufacturers handbook is a guideline to address the manufacturers warranty requirements but does not (using google translate) address environmental and/or other circumstances which may affect the servicing period and daily riding in dusty conditions definitely requires shorter servicing intervals for both oil and air.  Second is that for a new or even a fully reconditioned motor first 100 k's  or so the initial bedding-in removes the larger particles along with finer during the running in procedure (and that's another area with many differing opinions).  Yes, the filter will eventually trap most of these however until this happens there will varying amounts suspended in the oil or settled around inside the crankcase which maybe not an ideal situation for moving parts such as bearings, journals and maybe gears etc. And so for a small amount of approx. ฿240 for oil I prefer to give my engine/s a favor/favour.  As of today still no air filters, so much for Honda manufacturers service and maintenance support.

Edited by maxxi