38 infections linked to Thachilek cluster recorded so far

webfact

4 minutes ago, the green light said:

tthe whores are not going to cross the border on the  back of an elephant  andcrossing jungles to get to thailand. the area in Maesai is quite hilly and steep. There is not way to

Tachilek and Maesai are adjacent to each other, with just a small stream separating them , you can just walk under the border bridge at night , seen many people doing that , just wade arcos the stream below the bridge 

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Tachilek and Maesai are adjacent to each other, with just a small stream separating them , you can just walk under the border bridge at night , seen many people doing that , just wade arcos the stream below the bridge 

yes so what these drone will do ..just fake news --nothing  

poor people swim --these whores must also give sex service to the head of the police in Mae Sai  ..why not --the price to cross.....and pay some money .they got plenty 

so why are they not testing the border police for covid -19

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Dangerous? Are they terrorists?

Spreading a virus which there is no cure for is dangerous to each person they come in contact with. Look at how many people are in the Chiang Rai Hospital. God only knows how many people in Chiang Rai are positive. Would you care if you were exposed to the virus? Terrorists can be dealt with, the virus can't. Some of the border jumpers went to a big Singh Beer Festival. Hoping the 38 known infected can be put in quarantine quickly. I am staying home until these people can be rounded up. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, the green light said:

yes so what these drone will do ..just fake news --nothing  

poor people swim --these whores must also give sex service to the head of the police in Mae Sai  ..why not --the price to cross.....and pay some money .they got plenty 

so why are they not testing the border police for covid -19

Is that based on your over active imagination ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Absolutely crazy situation. 

Its not until you get here, im currently in ASQ. 

That the stupidity hits you.

I have a letter to post. 

Cannot do because of the Covid19 risk to thai person. 

My response was. 

I'm from Victoria and 40 days no cases virus eradicated, and you have Thai people illegally crossing borders and positive testing.!!

Letter didn't get posted...

You want them to bend the  rules so you can post a damn letter ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

38 infections linked to Thachilek cluster recorded so far

Tach.jpg

A total of 38 COVID-19 infections, linked to Thai returnees from Myanmar’s Thachilek township, have been reported so far in seven provinces, with Chiang Rai having the most at 26.

Meanwhile, the army plans to use drones, equipped with live CCTV, to patrol the Thai-Myanmar border in some of the northern provinces, to help officials prevent illegal border crossings.

Maj-Gen Chakrapong Chanpengpen, of the Security Emergency Situation Operations Centre, said that drones will be deployed in border areas, which are inaccessible to ground forces, adding that more road checkpoints, manned by troops, police and defence volunteers, are to be set up deeper inland, to conduct random checks.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/38-infections-linked-to-thachilek-cluster-recorded-so-far/

thaipbs.jpg

Hope the pilots of the drowns are cleared for night flights or there will be a lot of drones around the border areas in pieces!

3 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

Well I don't see too many guests... The travel restrictions must be making it difficult! Although you could just use an illegal border crossing and then be an upstanding citizan by making sure you report to the authorities when you get back to conduct testing and quarantine, no harm done...

Its closed.

35 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

Hope the pilots of the drowns are cleared for night flights or there will be a lot of drones around the border areas in pieces!

Only Army Helicopters

4 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

A total of 171 Thais have been repatriated from Tachilek Burma. Trying to track down and control the infected ones is extremely important. I notice that 26 are in Chiang Rai. Several are in the government hospital in Chiang Rai. The infected ones are dangerous. I am staying home until they leave Chiang Rai. Hopefully the officials can control the situation.

Compared to the infamous boxing tournament affair, this current outbreak is a 'storm in a tea cup'. And they managed to contain that one very successfully.

None the less, it's probably wise to keep a low profile until the 'all clear' has been sounded, especially if, like me you're in the 'vulnerable group'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

My sentiments exactly ! ..... and anybody can dodge a drone, lie low when you here it coming ... there's plenty of forest along that border

These small drones are virtually silent, which is why they are becoming a popular tool in various armed forces' arsenal. The British army have recently deployed to Mali and will be using them there. They're also popular with wildlife film makers for the same reason.

I'm sure they would difficult to hear against the background of jungle noises and a running river.

4 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

My sentiments exactly ! ..... and anybody can dodge a drone, lie low when you here it coming ... there's plenty of forest along that border

You must have the hearing of a dog or wolf or something , those drones arent helicopters you wouldn't know if one was hoovering above your house or bedroom nowadays . And the ones with the best cameras can fly higher and still get the best images . 

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

As I read today in another newspaper.

Hotel owned by "foreigners".

Yes, it is in Myanmar and hence, Thais are foreigners. They would never mention that Thais and Chinese are owners.

Did a bit deeper and.... Thai media is afraid or not allowed to do some real investigative reporting.

Or else they dont find it interesting, like the majority of people.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

What a disgrace! Thais have to leave Thailand to find work!

the type of work they do has heavy competition in Thailand and Burmese girls  may not want to do it 555

The Photo below is "The Golden Triangle"....

Anyone could easily wade in and out of Burma in under 5 minutes. 

The Swim across into Lao  could be dog paddled in less then 10 minutes.... 

Any Questions? 

They are not coming through the check points, and I doubt, any one has IR monitors or sensors to alert the officials at 3:39 in the morning. 

What about The Chinese PLA soldiers? They are within a stones throw from the Shores of Lao...  

Maybe its a good time to "Test" Thailands defenses with its own people first. Hmmmm.

20201122_114713.jpg

• Like 1