UK, EU leaders to meet face-to-face to try to seal Brexit trade deal

webfact

3 minutes ago, andyg75 said:

Here we go again,same old jealous non Brits ,trying to tell us what we should have done and what we don’t understand. I wouldn’t go on a thread about Holland or France as it’s nothing to do with me.

Exactly....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Now this is laughable. Completely made up, and factually incorrect. I wouldn't expect any better from you Vogie, the man who when faced with evidence, throws a tantrum and either denies it's existence, or say's it's not true. Quite like Donald Trump.

Which side was duplicitous and was fined for spending more than they should have (by half a million?).

Which side was taken to court over using data from companies that they should not have been using?

Which side compared the EU to Nazi Germany to try and win a few votes? (The EU is undemocratic and resembles Nazi Germany. Boris Johnson made the statement that Hitler and Napoleon both failed to unify Europe, and the EU has done the same.)

Which side famously quoted 350 million pounds a week was going to the EU and would be funneled back into the NHS on leaving? (I'm picturing a big red bus)

The former boss of the Vote Leave campaign, Dominic Cummings, admits that Remain would have won without the claim that the 350 million would go back to the NHS. The UK Statistics Authority wrote to Vote Leave during the campaign stating the claim was, ‘misleading and undermines trust in official statistics’. The claim excluded the UK’s rebate, as well as payments received by the UK from the EU. It also fails to take into account the contribution to the Treasury from trade and business that would not be present without the EU single market. The government also has shown no sign of spending the £350m extra a week on the NHS if the UK leaves the EU. 

Here are 7 more lies (with evidence) that sent Britain down this stupid, foolish, arrogant, and self harming fallacy.

https://www.shoutoutuk.org/2019/11/01/top-8-brexit-lies-debunked/

The facts remain, had the leave team not lied, we would not be leaving the EU. Furthermore, the British people have realised this, and if given a second referendum, would have rejected leaving the EU. It's Boris (An American!) and his cronies that are leading this charge against the will of the British people.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

WhatUKThinks_Poll_8718_20201208.png

A bunch of assumptions......:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

A bunch of assumptions......:coffee1:

Assumptions?

Just to clarify, I'm not a complete moron, (the Mrs would sometimes disagree) I understand the word. What are the assumptions you would be referring to?

Edited by 2530Ubon
clarity

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

You really don't understand the English do you who will do whatever is best for the UK.

The French and a few EU members who are in a comfortable position within EU are the problem on the 3 sticking points the EU has to give way on.

The outcome of a no deal is not what Germany wants which is one way and the only way as I see it for a compromise being achieved. 

A no deal is not a problem for UK that's the reason for UK's hard line position, UK will just go WTO and can fly and sail around Europe.

The EU would suffer more with a no deal if the real truth would be known because what you would see then is more unhappy members in EU wanting to get out too.

It will be interesting indeed to see the outcome.

I really wonder where you studied economics. I think you did not.

Suppose both sides EU and UK both lose out a bit then that bit that is lost out in the EU is spread out over all its members. While that same amount of loss will hit  much smaller economy (the UK) much harder. 

If 1 billion of trade is lost then the loss is spread out over all EU countries while the 1 billion that is lost will be hitting the UK all alone. 

Ill make it even easier suppose you and Bill gates trade and all of a sudden you break of trade. Who do you think would feel the result more in their wallet you (the poorer less large economy) or Bill Gates. I cant explain it any simpler if you still don't understand go back to school.

The only reason there is a hard line from the UK is that otherwise BJ would loose even more of his credibility.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Ah, another chap who doesn't believe in statistical evidence.

The Telegraph & Daily mail - both conservative papers have the same facts and figures. They can't be 'massaged' to suit brexiteer viewpoints. The country, had we not been lied to, would have elected to remain in the EU. The leader of team leave admits it himself:

Buried in a 19,800 word Spectator essay written by former online editor and Vote Leave director Dominic Cummings is an admission: The Brexit referendum was won by lying to the public.https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/vote-leave-director-admits-won-lied-public/08/02/

Total nonsense from an aggrieved.....

Are you saying the remain camp never said a word on the lead up to the vote, or did they spout large amounts that did nothing and the reason they didn't win the Brexit vote, or they were all squeaky clean were they......????

We had years of the remain camp MP's trying to fluck things up yet in the General Election what happened..?

Tell me, WHAT HAPPENED in the General Election, did the Brexiteers all leave the Tories on mass because of lies, no, it was the opposite sunbeam........????.......????

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I wouldn't expect any better from you Vogie, the man who when faced with evidence, throws a tantrum and either denies it's existence, or say's it's not true. Quite like Donald Trump

If you cannot debate like a member should debate without throwing out your little insults and having to bring D Trump into it, are you so bitter, does it make you feel better.

You have part quoted me, why don't you show what I actually said instead of cherry picking a part of it.

If you allow me to borrow one of your quotes: 

"I think I'll end it here. I don't wish to waste my time any further. Good day to you sir."

Oops, almost forgot, on ignore.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

I really wonder where you studied economics. I think you did not.

Suppose both sides EU and UK both lose out a bit then that bit that is lost out in the EU is spread out over all its members. While that same amount of loss will hit  much smaller economy (the UK) much harder. 

If 1 billion of trade is lost then the loss is spread out over all EU countries while the 1 billion that is lost will be hitting the UK all alone. 

Ill make it even easier suppose you and Bill gates trade and all of a sudden you break of trade. Who do you think would feel the result more in their wallet you (the poorer less large economy) or Bill Gates. I cant explain it any simpler if you still don't understand go back to school.

The only reason there is a hard line from the UK is that otherwise BJ would loose even more of his credibility.

More tosh, the only thing you think about is money, you just cannot grasp the fact that Brits want to leave your dodgy club run by the Germans and French.

We know by your posts you are quite happy with your cuddly situation but you do not understand others thoughts.

Hungary, Poland, Italy and others are also fed up with your club, but you need the EU, you told us so...

• Like 2