Covid-19: 25 found positive in quarantine

webfact

25 found positive in quarantine

By The Nation

800_ab673251a31b530.jpg?v=1607492703

Thailand saw 25 new cases in quarantine over a 24-hour period, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Wednesday.

He also confirmed that of 196 people who had travelled back from Tachilek province in Myanmar, 46 were found to have been infected. Only 17 entered the country illegally, he added.

The latest cases in the past 24 hours comprise both Thais and foreigners from abroad:

> Two Kuwaiti women, aged 31 and 71. The elderly woman had already been infected in October.

> Six from Switzerland – a Thai female accountant, 46, a Thai businesswomen, 50, three Thai maids, 52, 60, and 67, and a Swiss man, 53.

> Seven Thai women, ranging in age from 25-35. They worked in entertainment venues in Myanmar.

> A Russian diving instructor, 31, who travelled from his home country.

> A Thai female merchant, 52, who returned from Sweden.

> A Thai steersman, 27, who came home from Singapore.

> A Libyan woman, 32, and her son, 4, who travelled from Turkey.

> Two Thais – a female operating room officer, 59, and a female student, 18 – who travelled back from the United States.

> Three tourists who flew in from South Korea – a Korean man, 44, a Korean boy, 8, and a Japanese woman, 43.

Meanwhile, six patients have recovered and been discharged.

“I would like to thank all those who have cooperated with us. This will help keep our country safe,” Dr Taweesin said while talking about the 196 who travelled back from Myanmar's Tachilek province.

He added that any Thais who want to return home should first contact officers instead of deciding to cross the border by themselves. He also encouraged people to continue with their travel plans but follow the rules by wearing a mask.

As of Wednesday, the number of confirmed cases in Thailand has increased to 4,151 (1,164 in state quarantine). Of these, 211 are in hospital and 3,880 have recovered and been discharged. The death toll remains at 60.

According to Worldometer, as of 10am the number of confirmed cases has reached 68.56 million (increasing by 584,388). Of these, 47.45 million have recovered, 19.54 million are active cases (106,441 in severe condition) and 1.56 million have died (an increase of 11,714).

Thailand ranks a safe 151st for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number, with 15.59 million, followed by India (9.74 million), Brazil (6.67 million), Russia (2.51 million) and France (2.3 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399337

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-09

22 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Get a sero survey done. You will find the prevalenceof the virus in general populace. But that cant be expected from thailand. They just want to keep the numbers low. 

You paying?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There was an Official report Yesterday, that 4 Health workers from a private Hospital were engaged to test people in ASQ facilities.

They were said to  be" self testing " themselves every 3 Days, but have been tested positive. Whether they found the result themselves ( which i personally doubt ), or they were sent for a routine screening due to their work, the report does not say.

However, its a really bad situation that workers are positive.

There is no excuse for this. In the early days of the Pandemic many Health Workers around the Globe contracted Covid. Mainly because of a lack of correct PPE, and understanding of the transmission.

We are now a Year into this thing and these people should have the correct PPE, and Training, to undertake their duties.

This makes me wonder how many " Guests " in ASQ were negative before they went in and have been exposed in their over priced Prisons.

This report or is there more info somewhere?

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/4-health-care-workers-in-bangkok-test-positive-for-covid-19

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Traubert said:

You paying?

Why should I pay ? Why do we have to pull the legs of fellow TVF members all the time? 

And kindly reply why should I pay? Am I the one running the country? 

The sensible countries have done such surveys to know the extent of the virus spread in the general populace. It gives data to scientists for further research and studies.  

All I was trying to point out the chest thumping they do when their testing is so low. And i dont think they should have lack of resources. After all thais have been scamming foreigners even before I was born. Didn't they save any of that money? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Send the bill to the CCP. It's their virus. 

There is a courst case in US somewhere but nothing is going to come out of it. Western nations are just so scared of the CCP. All these years they outsourced everything and now they can't even make a mask and are scared if the CCP's stop their supplies. 

Also China is a huge market so they all have no chosen to stay mum now. It's the money that talks. Life of a common man, his miseries doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

This makes me wonder how many " Guests " in ASQ were negative before they went in and have been exposed in their over priced Prisons.

They were tested in home country, ere tested when arrived, 

RT-PCR is a very sensitive test. Even a miniscule infection shows as positive. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand saw 25 new cases in quarantine over a 24-hour period

Good to see them still testing everybody. 

4 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

They didn't test for this specific virus

Amazing how they keep finding Covid positive people without testing. Some sort of magic.

Also amazing how many TVF netizens believe Thais are not testing despite the Thais declaring and reporting positive cases daily. 

Also amazing that the people complaining that Thailand isn’t testing don’t actually go and get tested themselves at the more than 50 available testing centers In Thailand. They just expect everyone else to be tested.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Why should I pay ? Why do we have to pull the legs of fellow TVF members all the time? 

The sensible countries have done such surveys to know the extent of the virus spread in the general populace. It gives data to scientists for further research and studies.  

All I was trying to point out the chest thumping they do when their testing is so low. And i dont think they should have lack of resources. After all thais have been scamming foreigners even before I was born. Didn't they save any of that money? 

If testing is so important as you say, why haven’t YOU been tested?

A bit hypocritical isn’t it?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Natai Beach said:

Good to see them still testing everybody. 

Amazing how they keep finding Covid positive people without testing. Some sort of magic.

Testing the new arrivals is from the money people pay for ASQ. Nothing is being done as a charity. 

Why should anyone who doesn't have any symptoms get the overpriced test. Are the long staying foreigners not paying enough already to the thais that they should shell out more money ? The ones they are reporting +ve is mostly foreigners. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

If testing is so important as you say, why haven’t YOU been tested?

A bit hypocritical isn’t it?

got myself tested thrice (rt-pcr) , free where i live. ( I don't live in Thailand). anyways, thailand ranks 171 when it comes to tests per million population. 

and u dont get my point. i was trying to say that if you do an antibody survey u will get an idea of the spread of the virus. but when u charge a hefty amount for an rt-pcr , people wont come forward, and then your numbers will remain low and u can do chest thumping as much as u want. 

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

got myself tested thrice (rt-pcr) , free where i live. ( I don't live in Thailand). anyways, thailand ranks 171 when it comes to tests per million population. 

and u dont get my point. i was trying to say that if you do an antibody survey u will get an idea of the spread of the virus. but when u charge a hefty amount for an rt-pcr , people wont come forward, and then your numbers will remain low and u can do chest thumping as much as u want. 

(That’s good.)

Where do you live and can you update us all about where you do live. How is it looking over there?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Only testing those in Quarantine.  Not the general public or random tests to find cases. Unless you go to a hospital and show the signs they want to see they are not testing. Why is it so hard for you to understand.

Can you tell me which countries are knocking on doors doing random tests. 

From what I have seen in the USA, Europe and UK there are massive queues of people lining up who want tests, they are not plucking people off the streets.

The USA 

3B2D38FE-6D77-41CF-B750-9BE1F9BA7D5A.jpeg.53fc712059c961c04ce6a565da9cc100.jpeg

UK

82A4FD82-8AB7-486E-A8FF-1FB64470AF0D.jpeg.077885ac12bf3ad126f7b3096a79cb70.jpeg

In Australia 

68A5A960-A906-44A3-9358-0E5B2892D1EB.jpeg.4711a0ac10ac20490a4f207f41abc86d.jpeg

Europe

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Five-hour-wait-for-Covid-tests-as-France-targets-1m-tests-nationwide-per-week

10 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

From what I have seen in the USA, Europe and UK there are massive queues of people lining up who want tests, they are not plucking people off the streets.

The USA 

3B2D38FE-6D77-41CF-B750-9BE1F9BA7D5A.jpeg.53fc712059c961c04ce6a565da9cc100.jpeg

UK

82A4FD82-8AB7-486E-A8FF-1FB64470AF0D.jpeg.077885ac12bf3ad126f7b3096a79cb70.jpeg

In Australia 

68A5A960-A906-44A3-9358-0E5B2892D1EB.jpeg.4711a0ac10ac20490a4f207f41abc86d.jpeg

Europe

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Five-hour-wait-for-Covid-tests-as-France-targets-1m-tests-nationwide-per-week

A drive through is considered a random test. People are given the locations and they randomly show up when the want and yes ques are long.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I am fairly sure it was carried in BP also

Straight from the source:

Message from BNH:

Dear valued customers

Due to the overwhelming presence of inquiries and concerns in the Covid-19 situation at BNH Hospital.

We would like to clarify about the Covid-19 infection in the medical staff. Those who got infected are nurses working in ASQ area, outside the hospital and are currently under medical treatment in designated hospital under the supervision of the Ministry of Public Health.

Other medical staff with high and low risk of infection have already entered the standardised quarantine system.

All other personnel performing duties in the hospital have been following the strict safety and protective measures of Covid-19 prevention and are not at risk.

All areas in the hospital are sanitised according to the Infection prevention and control standard of Covid-19.

We are confident that BNH Hospital is a safe place for patients and visitors, nevertheless, we totally understand that you may have some concerns about coming to the hospital during this unusual situation. We can recommend our patients to use BNH Virtual Hospital service where you can consult with your doctor via online channel without the need to come to the hospital and get your medication delivered to your home.

Thank you very much for your inquiry. We promise to always provide you with the best and safest care that you can trust.

9 December 2020

BNH Hospital

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lovethai123 said:

Only asking.

Speak to the somtam dealer on the corner. 

Oh. They dont sell somtam where you live? Whooppee youre saved!

Edited by Traubert
Addition
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

India has been doing it. Knocking doors and checking people. Again I would say not everyone can be tested because of huge population but the area where there are cases, healthworkers actually are knocking the doors and selecting samples for  testing. 

Random samples are also being collected from market areas, stations etc. 

Edited by lovethai123

16 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

There was an Official report Yesterday, that 4 Health workers from a private Hospital were engaged to test people in ASQ facilities.

They were said to  be" self testing " themselves every 3 Days, but have been tested positive. Whether they found the result themselves ( which i personally doubt ), or they were sent for a routine screening due to their work, the report does not say.

However, its a really bad situation that workers are positive.

There is no excuse for this. In the early days of the Pandemic many Health Workers around the Globe contracted Covid. Mainly because of a lack of correct PPE, and understanding of the transmission.

We are now a Year into this thing and these people should have the correct PPE, and Training, to undertake their duties.

the demand & increase in the guest against a small list of approved AlSQ hotels is creating a culture of none compliance. SHA standards introduced this year clearly gave guidance and rulings on how to clean down whilst occupied and between guest stays. As the demand from government to increase the flow of tourist and people naturally wanting to return to Thailand these standards are clearly no longer being adhered to. 

Hotels should move away from the cash cow and deliver this with a level of professionalism as per the pre-agreed terms and conditions laid out. 

Make money I agree fully, repatriation of the Thai nationals is top priority and finally deliver some level of basic tourism to the country so that the long road to normal has a starting point. 

• Like 1