Explainer: The potential impact of Brexit without a trade deal

snoop1130

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

It is worth going it alone rather than enduring the complete certainty that the EU will continue to screw the UK indefinitely if we don't leave.  

What complete certainty is that? How were we being screwed whilst in the EU?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nauseus said:

All explained over the last 5 years. If you missed it too bad.

Same old, same old.

You make a broad statement and then, when challenged to justify it, you are unable to do so. Instead, you resort to bland excuses.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RayC said:

Same old, same old.

You make a broad statement and then, when challenged to justify it, you are unable to do so. Instead, you resort to bland excuses.

I can do it and have done it many times. I just can't be arshed to do it again.

18 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That question can only be answered in the future .

Once all the dust has settled , all the trade deals with other Countries have been signed  , see how that works out , then you can answer whether there was economic rational in the UK leaving the E.U 

THat's not true - anyone can make an educated forecast - and no-one is forecasting economic success.

Already we have seen a decline in the economy outside of the effects of Covid and the future - well 2+@ will always equal 4 no matter if it's past present or future.

15 hours ago, RayC said:

In the event of 'No deal', I doubt that anyone in the UK will notice much difference on 1/1/21

Well I am glad that finally a remainer has not sensationalised what many do and continue to, that the end of the world will happen when we leave the EU.

15 hours ago, RayC said:

Nevertheless, why take the risk? No Brexit supporter has been able to cite evidence that leaving the EU will be economically beneficial for the UK

I don't have a crystal ball and I can't say how well the UK can do with the rest of the world in its trade in the next 10 to 15 years, although many remainers seem to have a crystal ball. But the main thing as you put it, why take the risk. to be free of the EU and its protectionism there has to be a risk of leaving the bloc that quite frankly hasn't worked for the UK.

Does it have to be about economics for leaving the EU. Can['t it be about the political direction and unification that the EU is so focused on. can't it be about identity and governing yourself on laws, working conditions and a whole bunch of other stuff.

But my belief is that the UK will do perfectly fine out of the EU and will thrive. That is why the EU are so worried. If they were not, we wouldn't be having these negotiations. Plus that they are losing a huge contributor and someone who has given a lot to the EU will be impossible to replace in the initial few years.

• Like 2